• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BEGIN! The Dual Burger Duel

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
This is not an open competition. The competitors are as follows:

Listed by patty protein

beef
Scoville DeVille
SmokenFire

Booma
D3monic

beef blend
grantmichaels
hot stuff

beef and cheese
ThatBlondGuy101
Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

turkey
t0mato
bpiela

veggie
Ozzy2001
dragonsfire

fish
Grass Snake
The Hot Pepper

tuna
sobelri
HopsNBarley

crab
JoynersHotPeppers
tctenten

shrimp
muskymojo
wheebz

gator
Student of Spice
CheriLBW

THE DUEL!
This is a head-to-head challenge. You are restricted to the protein of your duel for the patty. What are considered binders or fillers are allowed to an extent but not to the point it affects the burger as being not that protein. Your protein must be ground! Considering all the different proteins listed that term is relative, but we all know what a burger is, so no whole proteins! Ground, minced, chopped, assembled from small proteins (veggie burger), etc!

The rest is anything goes as long as it resembles a burger. Additional proteins are allowed as long as they are not in the patty.

THE DUAL!
You must either make a double burger (2 patties of your protein as one burger) or 2 single burgers (1 patty of your protein each). A double, 2 of the same, or 2 different of your patty protein! Either choice must be posted as one entry (in one final post).

THE CUT!
In the past we have required a cut down the middle to see all the layers. This time we are going with a cut or a bite shot, mandatory. Some of these patties may be a little more delicate, and also some are usually reluctant to show cooked protein temperatures, so we are going with cut or bite on this one!

NO SIDES!
This is all about the best burger on THP, so nothing that will sway votes like killer fries, etc. The only sides allowed are homemade condiments that you feel like showcasing. Example, a homemade aioli in a ramekin--which is not a side, but a condiment.

SPICY!
As always, must have a hot pepper element.

DISCLAIMER
There will be no default winners if your competitor fails to enter or post PoL, it will simply not be in the head-to-head polls, but you would advance to the final poll. So please make sure to complete your entry and post PoL! There will be no disqualifications based on entry, everything will be up to the voters, so please adhere to the above! If you have questions if something is "allowed" ask your competitor, so that way, it was allowed or disallowed and both parties agree. This does not mean you can stray from the above, but I can only be so specific, so please adhere to the above, and any questions, ask your competitor via PM, thanks!

READ: The 5 Rules for an eligible entry
ATTN: PM me the link to the final entry and please CC your competitor so both links are in one PM. The competitor would reply with theirs. You can get the link URL by clicking the post number.
Name your entry and include ann ingredients and methods. Measurements where possible.
PICS: 10 pics max per final post, bite or cut down middle pic of each burger made mandatory.
PoL: Any heads up coin. (In order to prove that you made this meal for this TD we ask that you post a Proof of Life. PoL = a monetary amount stated at the beginning of the competition that must be shown in one of your pictures with coins or bills, in your country's tender. May or may not be converted. It must be a picture that shows the ingredients used, so, it may be your teaser, or one of your final pics, but change by itself or with just one ingredient does not count.)
DEADLINE: Monday 11:59 PM ET

FAVOR:
If your competitor has not posted PoL (or if anyone sees any missing) can you please remind them, or if you haven't seen them active and they need a reminder to enter as the deadline is nearing. No one wants to advance that way. Thanks!

Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

The Hot Pepper said:
The DUAL!
You must either make a double burger (2 patties of your protein as one burger) or 2 single burgers (1 patty of your protein each). A double, 2 of the same, or 2 different of your patty protein! Either choice must be presented as one entry (in one final post).

SPICY!
As always, must have a hot pepper element.

New detail's critical - both have to be cooked close enough together to be plated together for at least a single moment ... rules out elaborate plans for two different burgers on separate days.

The Hot Pepper said:
No you can cook separately, just put them in one final post so the voting link goes to both burgers. I did not say plated together you did. ;) Make one today, one Monday, just put in one post in the end.

So long as you aren't claiming that your original text is 'clearly the same' as this clarification, we're good! ;) ... that's why I posted.

:D

I'll  go first since I have to spread it out over the weekend. 

2S1RVVE.jpg

My wallet nickel 

ZcYA3dS.jpg

Cheeses

hQToxsV.jpg

RHYXxFA.jpg

not so secret, secret ingredient

vweV9lb.jpg

RzMbOgJ.jpg

Beef back rib

lbqtXzT.jpg

Status