beer Being Crafty

I'm escalating my Being Crafty now ...

Riffing on Raichlen's Dragon's Breath smoked bourbon cocktail ...

ec85d6aca6d013d06d48b7b10d287ed9.jpg

4d1ea5dab30cf04c8915349393311ff7.jpg

b94a0d3268387253a4c45784470d6904.jpg

13cf2fce8b63a5d80f0584e3f2893db2.jpg

I forgot to discharge the pressure upright before dispensing, and blew out my mesquite glass garnish (smoke) dispensing the NitroBrew'd cocktail into the glass ...

7204cf8705f8dd25fc41de37c8be95d5.jpg

It doesn't matter to the taste, because I NB'd smoke trapped in the kettle into it for max effect ...

5b7cbb3ccd434dc40dd8c5ff99c083d6.jpg

BO(OM.

I'll get the dramatic presentation captured on the next one ...

Drinking Other Half Southern Hopalistic. One of my faves of theirs. Getting 64oz growlers filled now. I mean, duh! That was a lightbulb moment. Live by brewery. Get growlers. (They are pressurized.) Don't need a special can release. Those are cool too but I've never been a growler person. Now I am.

This beer is soooo damn good btw.

Growlers have their place, for sure ...

I used to go fetch the Wake Up coffee stout at JDubs, but then their brewer left ...

Now he's reappeared with Darwin for a new Patagonian ceviche and beer place on the island, and I plan to head over with the growler just as soon as they advertise the coffee stout ...

No worries ...

I have a lot of beer here, still ...

I haven't purchased a bottle in over 3 months and I still have half my stash to go yet ...

I am almost out of Oskar Blues, though ...

Planning to only drink homebrew and Oskar Blues this coming year! :D ...

grantmichaels said:
Growlers have their place, for sure ...

I used to go fetch the Wake Up coffee stout at JDubs, but then their brewer left ...

Now he's reappeared with Darwin for a new Patagonian ceviche and beer place on the island, and I plan to head over with the growler just as soon as they advertise the coffee stout ...

It's something I never considered because I always thought it was a bit odd to open a beer and not drink it all, it's a metal thing. These are pressurized when you buy it (do all places do that?) and they stay nice for a couple days. I'm sold. I can also get all their good beers whenever I damn please lol! They have 12 taps! The "Short Dark & Handsome" stout is the tits.

grantmichaels said:
No worries ...

I have a lot of beer here, still ...

I haven't purchased a bottle in over 3 months and I still have half my stash to go yet ...

I am almost out of Oskar Blues, though ...

Planning to only drink homebrew and Oskar Blues this coming year! :D ...

I know but I did say I would, and that was to TC too. And I want to send d3 a stout if they release a can soon.

They definitely work better for stronger, darker beers ... but I don't seem to have to much trouble with the beer I've picked up on a Friday afternoon through Sunday morning ... which is all the time I need for a half-gallon ...

Beers with a lot of hops will be more adversely affected once opened and before gone, more quickly, than other beers ...

The Hot Pepper said:
I know but I did say I would, and that was to TC too. And I want to send d3 a stout if they release a can soon.

Yes. But no hurry. Kind of like your TF ...

I have yours separate ... I'll send it eventually ...

Back