beer Being Crafty

Mind blown. Anyone else seen these cans?

Attachments

• 20161104_204125.jpg
    20161104_204125.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 52
D3monic said:
The neopolitan stout tastes much better out a sniffer. it's a pretty good beer. Not a several in a row beer though. Just like one , once in awhile. 

I used to think glassware was a trivial contributor to beer taste ...

I've changed my tune ...

It's an important implementation detail ...

I don't always agree with the recommended one, either ... sometimes changing the glassware is a way to affect the nose etc to make something more muted or otherwise.

I try to pour my impending drain pours into a second glass before I pour them down the drain, or put them through the NitroBrew sometimes, to neuter them ...

hogleg said:
:rofl:  :rofl: You guys are starting to sound like the froofy Sonoma valley wino's. Most excellent, carry on.  :cheers:

btw, I wish there were froofy old wino's on the site to talk ol' Bordeauxs n' cabs with  :(

There's only a couple of distinctions that really make a difference, but they do ...

The Glasses with humps and nucleation points do stir up and release hop aromas versus straight walled glasses ...

And the snifter style one's that have a large diameter of surface down in the glass, but with are reduced to a small orifice where your mouth go - focus the flavor, and are nice for big stouts, especially boozey one's ...

That's my take on it, anyways ...

grantmichaels said:

There's only a couple of distinctions that really make a difference, but they do ...

The Glasses with humps and nucleation points do stir up and release hop aromas versus straight walled glasses ...

And the snifter style one's that have a large diameter of surface down in the glass, but with are reduced to a small orifice where your mouth go - focus the flavor, and are nice for big stouts, especially boozey one's ...
That's my take on it, anyways ...

Oh I'm with ya. Glass shape can have a huge impact on how you pick up the the nose of any alcohol you plan to imbibe. Anyone who disagree's doesn't have a clue about critiqueing good drink.
tctenten said:
I have probably been drinking more wine than beer lately.

What bottles ya poppin' anything standout?? :dance:

Danielle and I are not ultra picky. We really like a Malbec from Doffo Vineyards. They are down in Temeculah. Lately we been on a Brunello Di Montalcino and a Rosso Di Montepulciano run. The Brunellos can be a bit pricey, but the Rosso that we enjoy is a 10 buck bottle. I am always open to suggestions if you have any recommendations.

tctenten said:
Danielle and I are not ultra picky. We really like a Malbec from Doffo Vineyards. They are down in Temeculah. Lately we been on a Brunello Di Montalcino and a Rosso Di Montepulciano run. The Brunellos can be a bit pricey, but the Rosso that we enjoy is a 10 buck bottle. I am always open to suggestions if you have any recommendations.

I love a good malbec. Prolly my second favorite grape varietal after cab franc. I remember when you could buy malbecs from Argentina and Chile for 12 bucks or less that drank like $100 bottles, 10-15 years ago. Those wines are quite pricey now that they have been discovered and more mainstream. Cab francs aren't very common and an easy varietal to f' up in the cellar (like merlot) but when its good they can be very exciting. Although somewhat light in body, Its known as one of the most floral and perfumed varieties on the nose.

Started last night off with this one. It was delicious. The wet hopping really shines through with that tea like flavor.

This one was good as well, but I have to say that I haven't met many Beigian whites that I don't like.

Mediocre porter at best. I wouldn't buy it again. It doesn't have many of the roasty flavors that I look for in a porter.

I typically don't care for Christmas ales, but this one is from Bell's, so I thought what the hell. After drinking this one, I can definitively say that I still don't like Christmas ales. This is the best one I've had though, still just not my style of beer. I guess it's all of the extra spices added to the Christmas beers I've tried that I don't like

I got a bitter/metallic type off flavor from this imperial stout. I didn't care for it at all.

This beer was absolutely amazing. The caramel flavor is very pronounced,and compliments the roasted malts perfectly. I would recommend this one to anyone that likes porters/stouts.

hogleg said:

Oh I'm with ya. Glass shape can have a huge impact on how you pick up the the nose of any alcohol you plan to imbibe. Anyone who disagree's doesn't have a clue about critiqueing good drink.

Just pinch your nose and try to taste anything and you have your answer.

Back