beer Being Crafty

t0mato said:
Here's this weekend's beer lineup. It might all disappear by Saturday.

It probably will disappear by Saturday

I know I'm going to have to get more. Lol

The Hot Pepper said:
4 beers to last through the weekend and it's Wednesday!

Have your had your half a beer yet today? :rofl:
I've had plenty. I'm feeling a bit parched atm. Maybe I should crack open a session IPA.

hogleg said:

Never had Sierra Nevada??!?? Whatduhfukk son?? Gitcher shit tagewther. Fuggit, I'll send ya some. while their best wet hop is still availidible. Gives me areason ta send ya this unknown baccattuumm, I've nicknamed "aji hot tamale" while its fresh, that I want to share wit ya.

:cheers:

I see it all the time just wasn't really something that caught my eye. I blame the plain looking label. 

is the baccatum a cross or is it just a random unknown?

Sierra Nevada estate is rare and elusive?....lol

It just sits on the shelves here, this year was the most disappointing out of any batch I can remember

It use to be really good beer back when the tops were dipped in green wax

One year they plucked it up and changed the name to devastation ..lol

To bad it's gone down hill it use to be one of my top beers

Cheers

FreeportBum said:
Sierra Nevada estate is rare and elusive?....lol

It just sits on the shelves here, this year was the most disappointing out of any batch I can remember

It use to be really good beer back when the tops were dipped in green wax

One year they plucked it up and changed the name to devastation ..lol

To bad it's gone down hill it use to be one of my top beers

Cheers

Gone downhill?? You must be one of the people that liked the old style of celebration ale  :rofl:

I'll admit this years "estate" was odd. It doesn't taste like an IPA at all to me. Way too roasty, caramely, nutty, and chocolatey, and not very hoppy.
This years oktoberfest was their best to date IMO

Happy Thanksgiving  :cheers:  :beer:

People always stick up for the beer in their hood. It's a good thing though! Especially if the beer is good. ;)

FB - Maine brewery(s) (don't know names, something Point?)
Grant - Cigar City
JHP - Dogpoop
Me - OH
Hog - Sierra... 

I like the loyalty and pride, just don't let it jade you, they do make some stinkers!

Don't get me wrong I love sierra nevada as far as walk into any store here and it's always on the shelf and usually consistent

I love their stout, northern hemisphere wet hopped was good and I probably have drank more summerfest their crisp summer lager then anyone youve never met..lol 

also the pale in cans while ice fishing is a standard here

cheers 

The Hot Pepper said:
People always stick up for the beer in their hood. It's a good thing though! Especially if the beer is good. ;)

FB - Maine Brewing Company
Grant - Cigar City
JHP - Dogpoop
Me - OH (Sixpoint) (Brooklyn)
Hog - Sierra... 

I like the loyalty and pride, just don't let it jade you, they do make some stinkers!

I think 2/3 of the beers from CCB are disgusting swill ...

1/6 are "sufficiently boring, but ultimately drinkable," and ...

1/6 are "amongst the best" the world has to offer! :D

If I have a spirit-brewery it's Oskar Blues - because I like almost everything they make, and drink styles from there that I don't like anywhere else ...

But ... if I had to limit myself to a single brewery's offerings, I'd pick Founders ... because while I only like half of their beers to be certain, I *REALLY* look those, and could be satisfied with the set I can build from their beers across the styles ...

I have to cut hogleg a little slack ... his landscape is changing, what with Ballast Point and Lagunitas both going macro-ish, and so I am appreciating the S.N. vibe in terms of the symbolism ... and I hear they make spectacularly phenomenal beef ALL OF THE f**kING TIME - it's just taproom only ...

There's as much respect given to their steadfastness to craft beer ideology and doing it in a way that's environmentally sound, as is given to macro breweries for consistency and quality control of their product in canning a consistent final product despite changing ingredients and environment ...

This one I could crawl inside the can and just hang out for a while
bestbeeryourmothadrank.jpg

Cheers

t0mato said:
Do you still have the massive brewers beard and long finger nails?

I'd regrown the woolly facial motif ...

It's now gone baby gone, again ...

The cycle repeats.

I'll be ready again for new year's ...

Lagunitas is a town in the valley of west marin co. Not a beer as far as I'm concerned. Yes Boss a lil' piece of soul died that day.  :confused:

What Founders would y'all recommend. I see it at the beer stores and I hear y'all talk about it. Note: I'm not really into anything richer than porter.

hogleg said:
Lagunitas is a town in the valley of west marin co. Not a beer as far as I'm concerned. Yes Boss a lil' piece of soul died that day.  :confused:

What Founders would y'all recommend. I see it at the beer stores and I hear y'all talk about it. Note: I'm not really into anything richer than porter.

The ipa is just meh but I really like their porter. It's one the few I do I like. 

I didn't like Lagunitas much, over rated imo. 

It's right up there with the other "craft" beers people who normally drink domestics get.. *ahem goose island 312

FreeportBum said:
This one I could crawl inside the can and just hang out for a while
attachicon.gif
bestbeeryourmothadrank.jpg
Cheers

I like the hazy color. Looks like it would taste good. 

The Hot Pepper said:

FB - Maine brewery(s) (don't know names, something Point?)
Grant - Cigar City
JHP - Dogpoop
Me - OH
Hog - Sierra... 

I got a lot of locals, but I don't put any of them on a pedestal

Anti hero from revolution is a good beer, didn't like any of their others that much. 

I like the Lizard King from pipeworks

FFF- I really don't care for gumball head as much as others do but i'd spit on my grandmother for a zombie dust or Rune Priest. 

D3monic said:

The ipa is just meh but I really like their porter. It's one the few I do I like. 

I didn't like Lagunitas much, over rated imo. 

I never found a Lagunitas I liked, I tried a bunch too. The IPA, the Little Sumpin or whatever. I don't go as far as saying overrated, I think it's a palate thing because many people do like it.

All beer is discretionary. 

Back