:cheers:

:seeya:

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
XWKHUIM.jpg

:rofl:

:cheers:

:seeya:

GIP,

As a long time beer drinker I never thought much about beer other than the regular commercial offerings. I can hold my own amongst the best. What I will say is this, as a winemaker I’ve interacted with craft beer makers and suddenly developed this analogy with beer.

This I apply to cars as most can understand. The car can get you to and fro. With beer as with cars, there are the Pintos and there are the Lamborghinis.  Some are happy with the Pintos or other such models, but others like to drive the more exotic such as Lotus. Ferrari and Porche. I can’t always drive such cars, but on brief I enjoy the chance.

Drinking a good beer is an experience not unlike driving an exotic car or eating a great meal. You can savor the ingredients and appreciate the work involved to bring it to fruition.

Some years ago I might have lined up to kick the guy’s ass who said such, but experience, time and travels has dictated a sincere appreciation for the craft.
Don’t knock it. If all lines up properly, drive a Porche - via six-pack….

or again, maybe it was all in jest?   :cheers:

I think it was all in jest. MANY of the IPA drinkers I know are not white men, and MANY of the white craft beer drinkers I know prefer sours/stouts over IPAs. I think we can all come together, and enjoy a quality NEIPA in harmony.

I have NEVER seen someone not immediately reach for a second sip of a premium Aslin/Treehouse/OH/The Veil IPA. You can knock it all you want, but there is beer, and then there is QUALITY beer. Small batch, hand crafted deliciousness.

WarrantMan said:
GIP,

As a long time beer drinker I never thought much about beer other than the regular commercial offerings. I can hold my own amongst the best. What I will say is this, as a winemaker I’ve interacted with craft beer makers and suddenly developed this analogy with beer.

This I apply to cars as most can understand. The car can get you to and fro. With beer as with cars, there are the Pintos and there are the Lamborghinis.  Some are happy with the Pintos or other such models, but others like to drive the more exotic such as Lotus. Ferrari and Porche. I can’t always drive such cars, but on brief I enjoy the chance.

Drinking a good beer is an experience not unlike driving an exotic car or eating a great meal. You can savor the ingredients and appreciate the work involved to bring it to fruition.

Some years ago I might have lined up to kick the guy’s ass who said such, but experience, time and travels has dictated a sincere appreciation for the craft.
Don’t knock it. If all lines up properly, drive a Porche - via six-pack….

or again, maybe it was all in jest?   :cheers:

it was indeed just in jest...  :party:  i thought it was funny, and hoped that others here would as well.

while i prefer Vodka when drinking  i would love a good beer at a local pub.
even if it isn't local beer.
i usually drink liquor though.
So, i can't even relate to all these micro beers that sometimes suck, and sometimes rock off the charts  :!:
but i either am a beer snob, I'm uneducated in this hobby {most likely} , or i actually don't like beer ?
i can say that i have tried many more microbrews that didnt suck, than I have homebrews that didn't suck. 
i think my limited circle of friends that tried the hobby of brewing have not accepted the expense of home-brews and make mediocre beer at best.

i thought it was relative and also humorous in the fact that microbreweries list seasonal beers...
not because of freshest ingredients or whatever, but because creating a limited availability creates demand.
Just like the damn pumpkin spice trend.  :rolleyes:
LOL  :lol:

:cheers:  <---- Vodka/ San Pellegrino Limonata 

Back