beer Being Crafty

Picture dump. I keep forgetting to post up .

All good brews, but the longshadow is exceptional.

The best bitter has been around since the mid 80s and was one of the beers that got me into craft. Wellington only brings it back occasionally so always jump on it when I can .

CTFV8iu.jpg

rIPAEN8.jpg

JeXK79p.jpg

tBaAiMY.jpg

d07tEf4.jpg

Some beers just are better in a mug or straight from an ice cold bottle.

That was the first time I drank that Pils with muteoka from a glass instead of bottle and I won't repeat. Yes it may enhance flavour and aroma but there is something to nostalgic sense memory that adds to subjective enjoyment.

After several weeks of work, oddness and strife, today found me without any work connection. True “R&R. “  Hell or high water, I will not answer my phone on this day. Took my special lady friend to a local place for lunch - relatively new, that was gaining some traction before the “epidemic” hit.  Glad to patronize a local place, perhaps surviving by the skin of their teeth. “Neighborhood Tap House” it was called and I think they had 30 different beers “on tap.” They also had a decent menu, my lady friend had their smoked wings and I had their Jalapeno popper sandwich. Decent, something akin to a Philly steak with melted cheese and Jalapeno poppers….

Anyway, I took a few pics of my first couple brews, lost interest in doing so a “flight” or so afterwards.  
All were good as best I can recall, but Westbrook Brewing Company took the prize with their “Mexican Coconut Cake” stout.  Incredible! Try it if you ever have the chance…..

NTH1.jpg

NTH2.jpg

NTH3.jpg

NTH4.jpg

Cheers all! Good day, I needed one!   :beer:

D3monic said:
Every time I find a tasty chocolate stout its not on the shelves next beer run.

This a really good vanilla stout
... ok keep getting upload error. Beer is vanilla cloud maker by lil beaver brewing
same thing happens to me frequently. i can browse one of my local superstores online and saw this one today called Omnipollo Oaxaca. it`s description was "Mango Margarita Slush IPA. IPA brewed with lactose sugar, mango, lime, grapefruit & vanilla added." figured i`d give it a shot and put it in my cart with other beers and did the online checkout. 10 minutes later i get a call saying it was out of stock and do i want to substitute. i usually stick with the ones i buy all the time since they are favorites but i like to stray on occasion. that vanilla stout sounds good.  :cheers: 

there is a new brewery that opened up not far from me that has been selling curbside but because of covid-19 the taproom hasn't  opened yet i didn`t try the beer yet but i will soon. just putting it out there because of it`s name and location. it is located in Newtown,CT(yes, where the school shooting took place) in what used to be a psychiatric hospital that used to house nearly 4000 patients. it was called Fairfield Hills Hospital.  it was run by the state and is a huge tract of land with many buildings on it that are being re-purposed after sitting dormant for the last 25 years since it closed. back in the day it was referred to as a mental institution or an insane asylum. as kids back then if we acted up a little too much we were told we would be "sent to Newtown."  :lol:

they combined Newtown and Asylum for the name.  its interesting to me because its local to me. just thought i`d put it out there.

countingthedays.png

newsylum brewery.jpg

Nurse Ratchett!!!!!

nurse.jpeg

Back