• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

BENTS PAIN AND PAIN 2

I got my bottles of Pain and Pain2 yesterday evening....can't wait to try it this afternoon when I get home from work...

AlabamaJack said:
I got my bottles of Pain and Pain2 yesterday evening....can't wait to try it this afternoon when I get home from work...
You got some 'pain2'? :surprised:
I want some, too. :(

Yup...I will let you know how it is Omri....:onfire::flamethrower::fire:....probably

Omri - the version of pain2 AJ got was an experiment using dried Naga Morich, for what its worth I don't think it worked out as well. It has the heat, but was lacking in flavour.
You're still at the top of the list (number 2 after Baldman) for when some of the real stuff becomes available...

...which will be very very soon ;)

bentalphanerd said:
Omri - the version of pain2 AJ got was an experiment using dried Naga Morich, for what its worth I don't think it worked out as well. It has the heat, but was lacking in flavour.
You're still at the top of the list (number 2 after Baldman) for when some of the real stuff becomes available...

...which will be very very soon ;)
Awesome. :cool:

Just tried Pain 2 batch 0004. Tastes off the top of my head:

I get olives, brandy and the distinctive flavour of naga it works very well flavour and heat. I was sitting around eating it on hot chips thinking what would this sauce go well with..
well chips for one, also I think it would do well to spice up homemade pizza or in the corner of a mixed platter of cheeses and small goods, maybe in a classice putanesca pasta dish (it would work wellwith anything like anchovies.) Don't worry I'll come up with more.

I really like this sauce, the flavours are truely unique to hot sauce and unique together I mean olives and brandy essence and then naga and yet I find they complement. If you get the chance have a go of this stuff and have a taste out side the box.
Oh and its very hot too.

Mick

Hmmm...

I just had another person tell me that 'pain2' was:

"Way too hot, just burns for minute after minute after minute...what are you trying to do to me you (well you can guess the rest)"

For me though, I eat CaJohns 10 on my breakfast snags, Snakebite is a medium heat and a few slices of fresh Naga Morich on crackers at night is a real blast...in the pain2 I taste I get a range of flavor and the burn starts low in the throat and creeps up to the tongue tip then settles in the middle of my mouth. it does take a few minutes & I sweat buckets.

I think I'll have to get a bottle to IGG or shayne to get a perspective.

Stillmanz - you can taste the olives :shocked: you did see how far down they are on the ingredients list?

And yes I did use it as a base on some homemade pizzas - oh yeah :cool:

stillmanz said:
I definately get olives, I'll have to taste it again....

Mick

I'm just surprised you can detect them, there's a shirt-load of chilli in that version, more than 60%. I put olives in to tone down the initial burn & I thought the olive flavour matches the slight bitterness of the Naga & the oil gives some reprieve to the palate.

A heads up to those waiting for 'pain'

Recent flooding took out the Orange Hab crop up north. I made a batch using Red Habs but it simply hasn't worked.
The heat is too sharp, the delay isn't there. It's even lost some of it's trademark aroma.

I'm dumping it.

Thankfully I've got enough Orange Habs from my own garden & Stillmanz supplied from his yard too {Big Thanks to Mick}. I can do another real batch.

My apologies for the delay, but this is a better option than passing you an inferior product.

After all - you all want & deserve decent pain :lol:

I definately taste the olives thats why this batch seems so right for a more savoury use then the other batches of pain, it doesn't seem as cinnamony. I like it alot, I like both of them you know that, they are at my heat threshold mind you, I like it hot but nagas always take you right to the line.
Mick

stillmanz said:
I definately taste the olives thats why this batch seems so right for a more savoury use then the other batches of pain, it doesn't seem as cinnamony. I like it alot, I like both of them you know that, they are at my heat threshold mind you, I like it hot but nagas always take you right to the line.
Mick

Absolutely. I'm chasing a dream with pain2. Its a mix of flavor & aroma, sweetness & heat. I don't know if it'll ever be right, but until then we have to all just keep tasting these versions & try to hone it in .

Hell ain't it :onfire:

Heya Bent,

Those bottles arrived here just fine, btw. I've only tried the regular Pain sauce so far, but it has a nice flavor vs. heat component that I like...particularly in sauces that use fruit. Can't wait to try out the Pain2. Will be writing that up as well.

- Joe

LinNJoe said:
Heya Bent,

Those bottles arrived here just fine, btw. I've only tried the regular Pain sauce so far, but it has a nice flavor vs. heat component that I like...particularly in sauces that use fruit. Can't wait to try out the Pain2. Will be writing that up as well.

- Joe

Glad you like it. Did Vers.004 get there already?

Bent, '2' arrived along with the 'little guys' and they look awesome! I can't wait to try the '2'.

Thanks and take care

It did make it quick this time... I was surprised. We hit a high of 40ยบ F here today and hopefully we will not be snowed in anymore this year.

Back