• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Best smelling pepper??

Anybody have a favorite pepper for smell? The nagas, 7's and scopions are probably the most popular but I'd have to say my favorite has got to be the Fatalii as well as some other yellow C. chinense varieties. I'm also addicted to some of the mild earthy Mexican types like mulatos and pasillas, they smell so good on the dehydrator or when being roasted. I'm really going to miss the smells of harvest season:)

The smell or aroma that has always warmed my heart is the Scotch Bonnet , then some Habs. This year I got to try some Trinidad Perfume . To me a great aroma almost as nice as a Scotch Bonnet , but no heat.

The Fatalli was new to me also and I really like those.

P. Dreadie

The smell of fresh cut open pods I like the most is orange hab. I also liked bhut jolokia but I only had one pod of those by now and I had a lot of orange habs so their smell has been more intense. It wasn't a fair competition.
The dehydrator- and fresh powder smell I like the most is from mediterranean pepperoni. Jalapeno and orange hab come second and third.

rainbowberry said:
Duh! I forgot to say Scotch Bonnets too, they smell more perfumed than a standard Hab.

I absolutely love their smell. Most of the habs and superhots smell awesome, but the scotch bonnet is a major standout above the rest.

For me, the smell of sweet Red Bell peppers roasting in the oven is intoxicating.... i smell that aroma and smile....

Back