• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Best tasting and hottest hot sauce ? :)

So I'm a noob here, came upon the site after searching on google for the hottest hot sauces. I had been eating some Dynosaur's Devils Duel but it is pretty weak, ended up just putting a bunch in my mouth and swishing it around and being disappointed lol.

Stayed up all night reading about this stuff and learning alot lol. :lol:

From what I have seen so far, I seem to find that the hottest hot sauce that is actually a sauce and not an extract is Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally - The Smack Heard Around The World with an SHU of 700,000. Anything higher seems to be an extract not to be used without dilution or for cooking. I ordered some on Amazon for $14 shipped but its not scheduled to ship for a few days so I could cancel it if there is something better to try.

Some of your guys' posts here though seem to imply some people use the hotter stuff on food anyway?

Anyway my main question is what is the best tasting and hottest hot sauce? :)

Thanks!

Welcome! Lots of great ones out there, the best way to find out is experiment, everyone has their favorites.

Welcome mirch lover...I can't help you out to much, I am still in the process of working my way up the heat scale and trying all the sauces myself.

First of all - welcome! Great place to learn

Secondly - if Smack my Ass is rated at 700K Scoville - it has to be an extract sauce. Even the Red Savina is only rated at 577K, and so far no Naga sauces. There are alot of sauces that use extract to kick them up a bunch.

Personally - I love Talon from CaJohn's. Red Savina and Fatallis in there, no extract at all, and HOT.

Heat and taste are mutually exclusive qualities. The purpose of use also has a lot to do with whether something will be good or not as well. Some of my favorite sauces are milder ones because they have great flavor. That said, my five favorite all around sauces are (in no particular order) Blair's Original Death, Uncle Brutha's No. 10 sauce, Cape Fear's Red Savina sauce (hottest of the five IMO), Kato's Island Sauce, and Walkerswood Scotch Bonnet sauce. All five have very different tastes and feature different peppers. E.Z. Earl's Blazin' Hot stuff is the best BBQ available, Defcon takes the wings, and Marco's salsa's are amazing.

I think the best sauces usually come from the smaller, limited line makers, and ones that don't try to be insanely hot.

Welcome Mirch Lover....
Thanks Mason,
update on the red savina roasted vegetable....coming to the masses on february 25th.....
BTW...Huv sauces are good too as of right now my top 6 sauces are (in no particular order)
kato island
marco's improved heat hot sauce
cape fear red savina
defcon 1
fat kid hot sauce
and the all time winner for me..walkerswood scoth bonnet

Thanks for the welcomes and replies!

I know there are tons out there I am just trying to avoid trying everything and go straight to the best ones based on people's experiences.

I did actually come across a Naga sauce. It is called Mr. Naga.
http://www.chilliworld.com/SP6.asp?p_id=173

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mr-Naga-Chilli-...2420882QQihZ015QQcategoryZ14313QQcmdZViewItem

After reading your guys' replies I am most interested in the Kato's Island and Cape Fear's Red Savina. Moreso the Red Savina because it is hotter....thanks!

Can personally vouch for C.F. Red Savina. My customers loved it and I will be picking up a case in April to get me through the summer. Hot AND tasty!

marcosauces said:
Welcome Mirch Lover....
Thanks Mason,
update on the red savina roasted vegetable....coming to the masses on february 25th.....
BTW...Huv sauces are good too as of right now my top 6 sauces are (in no particular order)
kato island
marco's improved heat hot sauce
cape fear red savina
defcon 1
fat kid hot sauce
and the all time winner for me..walkerswood scoth bonnet

Good to hear my friend....

mirch lover said:
Thanks for the welcomes and replies!

I know there are tons out there I am just trying to avoid trying everything and go straight to the best ones based on people's experiences.

I did actually come across a Naga sauce. It is called Mr. Naga.
http://www.chilliworld.com/SP6.asp?p_id=173

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mr-Naga-Chilli-...2420882QQihZ015QQcategoryZ14313QQcmdZViewItem

After reading your guys' replies I am most interested in the Kato's Island and Cape Fear's Red Savina. Moreso the Red Savina because it is hotter....thanks!

I've seen the on eBay - didnt know it was a comemrcial sauce.

huvason said:
Good to hear my friend....

BTW..your sauces are featuring this week at Mr. D's..!!!
and i have a lonely mild sitting on a shelf..LOL
pictures coming soon...
BTW how you post a picture in here..??

marcosauces said:
BTW..your sauces are featuring this week at Mr. D's..!!!
and i have a lonely mild sitting on a shelf..LOL
pictures coming soon...
BTW how you post a picture in here..??

Let me knownhow they sell. The lonely mild was to complete the signed set! I've been playing with wax dipped bottles, I'll get one to you for the shelf when they are done.

marcosauces said:
sounds great....man what a game was tonite..!!!

Absolutely!!! Cant beleive the colts came back like that. Even more so I cant beleive Brady made a mistake on the last drive of a game. Thats when hes the best. Being a Jet fan, i'm not mad ;)

Back