• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Best tasting and hottest hot sauce ? :)

looks like im a little late to the thread and alot of good ones have been recomended, but no one has mentioned my favorite yet. and thats mad dog 357 collectors edition. it is extremly hot but somehow still tastes good, i think that it is all about the quality of the extracts used and this one is top notch. i have had many extract sauces and this is my all time favorite whatever you get though if its your first extract sauce be carefull with it and dont underestimate the pain you will get. i can and always could handle any kind of heat/pain in my mouth but the first time i had extracts i never expected the stomich cramps and intestinal pain and i ate alot and really regretted it.

Justin said:
looks like im a little late to the thread and alot of good ones have been recomended, but no one has mentioned my favorite yet. and thats mad dog 357 collectors edition. it is extremly hot but somehow still tastes good, i think that it is all about the quality of the extracts used and this one is top notch. i have had many extract sauces and this is my all time favorite whatever you get though if its your first extract sauce be carefull with it and dont underestimate the pain you will get. i can and always could handle any kind of heat/pain in my mouth but the first time i had extracts i never expected the stomich cramps and intestinal pain and i ate alot and really regretted it.

I agree that Mad Dog's extract based sauces do taste better than Blairs or Dave's (which isn't saying much). They are damn hot though!! And yes I find the stomach pains happen with extracts as well. It's almost poisonous, the taste and feeling of extracts. I'd rather do without, but I don't mind 357.

I did a review on Mad Dog's Ghost Pepper Sauce which will be posted later this week when THP gets the new section formatted properly. I think you'll like it.

JayT said:
I did a review on Mad Dog's Ghost Pepper Sauce which will be posted later this week when THP gets the new section formatted properly. I think you'll like it.

Are there photos of the pain? ;)

JayT said:

i did a review on it also.
it was a video review.
i was drunk.

What fun reading this wasn't looking at dates then when I saw a post from Iggy that's when bells rang, then to find that the answer to the question (3 years later) was Dave's insanity!!! I nearly pissed myself, I know the guy was a poor student but how poor he must have only tried one bottle a year to end up with Dave's!!!!

The only product of Dave's I've tried was the hurtin' hab mustard with I thought was ok as for blair's I like the original death with chipotle I find this a decent everyday sauce not that hot but a good garlic flavour, but I'd say my favorite for heat and flavour is still naga snakebite

Davetaylor said:
to find that the answer to the question (3 years later) was Dave's insanity!!! I nearly pissed myself

I did piss myself. 3 years to find Dave's Insanity?? Isn't that usually the fist sauce people tried as an introduction to the world of heat? (that and Blair's death). I really want to try Mad Dog's Pure Ghost (same as their Ghost sauce that Jay T is testing but with no extract....just more Bhuts!). That I gotta try.

The next sauce I'll be trying is defcon one, my local sauce man ordered a bottle in for me (it's not something he normally stocks) just gotta go pick it up!!

I love the ones I've tried from CaJohn, but I hate Mad Dog 357 so I will never try anything similar, I'd rather eat my own ****. I still haven't had the Defcon experience but I will sometime.

I found a sauce I ain't tried or seen before but I know you guys stateside have heard of it because I've seen it mentioned here once or twice, and for the sake of a couple o quid (around 3 bucks) I thought I'd give it a try,
So when I got home out came a spoon blob of sauce on, first reaction was 'bloody hell' that's a lot of vinegar, god it was sharp but beyond that there was flavour there but there was a lot of vinegar to get through
Haven't tried it on or in anything yet but I find that the vinegar taste disappears when sauces like this are added to other things.

Any guesses to what sauce this is (clue it's not tabasco, I think it's got slightly more depth of flavour)

That's correct it's Franks Red Hot extra hot (full heat full flavour) I tiny bit of a lie on the last two points!!!

So frank's is a commom brand stateside!! Here's what I found today in my local little indian spice shop when I popped in for some kolonji seeds

utf-8BSU1HMDAxMTUtMjAxMDAyMTAtMTMzM.jpg

Now compare this in price to what I paid for franks and it's a no brainer!! £2 a jar
If you hit an indian restaurant over here and it has a naga dish on the menu then there's a 95% chance this iis the gear that they use, as soon as I opened the jar the smell was just every naga dish in every indian I've had one!! FANTASTIC (I've got half a jar left in under 8 hours!!)

I wonder what conclusion I'll come to in 3yrs time, not dave's that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man that sounds great. Yes you can buy Frank's in every grocery store here for a US dollar and change.

I don't wanna give you guy thje wrong idea, this pickle don't have the heat of the tase of a naga (it's 70% naga morich, salt, vinegar, vegetable oil, paprika, mixed spices).
Now to a no chillihead this might be really hot but from the dishes I've had I reckon around 2 or 3 teaspoons worth in a dish will make the dish about as hot as a vindlooo.
But as a sauce it's good, I've had it on a spoon!!! And a cheese sandwich and a sausage sandwich and on a load of chips (fries) and I just know this would be the ultimate burger sauce/relish/pickle, god I'm drooling at the thought of a top class burger (crap any decent beef product!!!) With a dollop of mr naga pickle would just be the dogs

Back