• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Best tasting and hottest hot sauce ? :)

mirch lover said:
Thanks for the welcomes and replies!

I know there are tons out there I am just trying to avoid trying everything and go straight to the best ones based on people's experiences.

Thats half the fun trying all the sauces. Granted it gets expensive. Your taste may differ from the reviewers, had a few award winners I didn't think where great and then had some that should have won awards but didn't.

Cap said:
Thats half the fun trying all the sauces. Granted it gets expensive. Your taste may differ from the reviewers, had a few award winners I didn't think where great and then had some that should have won awards but didn't.

True it may be fun trying all the sauces, but it is expensive and I don't have alot of money to try them. Just a poor college student here who loves eating really hot stuff. I feel like I need to put it on almost everything these days. I can't get enough of that mouth on fire high, it's like a drug! :onfire:

Well it looks like I will try a couple now because americanspice.com and Amazon.com did not cancel my order upon request and have shipped to me Smack My Ass and Call Me Sally - The Smack Heard Around The World, lol. Oh well, guess I will try it and see how it is.

I am also getting some Cape Fear's Red Savina based on all the recommendations here. I will post my thoughts after trying them. I also think this forum/community just for hot pepper lovers is pretty funny and cool, lol. :)

mirch lover said:
True it may be fun trying all the sauces, but it is expensive and I don't have alot of money to try them. Just a poor college student here who loves eating really hot stuff.

I'm a poor college student (sort of) too, but that didn't stop me from spending almost 3% of my income on hot sauce last year. Some of us are more committed than others :P

dreamtheatervt said:
I'm a poor college student (sort of) too, but that didn't stop me from spending almost 3% of my income on hot sauce last year. Some of us are more committed than others :P

lol well if that makes you proud, good for you man...thanks for judging my "commitment" but I have to budget my funds to priorities first. I'm still struggling to buy my textbooks for this semester the second week in. Some of us don't have the luxury to spend that kind of money on trying every hot sauce. ;)

My Cape Fear's Red Savina is on the way though! :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like an attack, thus the :P guy. It was just something goofy I noticed when doing some financial record keeping a few nights ago, I didn't realize how much I spent on hot sauce relative to mortgage & bills. I also didn't realize that my 3% was also the result of not factoring in my secondary income sources.

lol np sorry I took it the wrong way. :)

Smack My Ass And Call Me Sally came in yesterday. I have to say I am pretty disappointed, the flavor sucks. It is definitely very hot....it has the heat. But it does not taste good at all, not a sauce you would want to put on top of your food. Just pure heat to add in during cooking or something. If I remember the taste correctly, it pretty much tastes like cayenne pepper powder, an initial sweet taste then heat...just very strong.

I also wonder about the claimed 700k Scoville rating...seemed about as hot as Dave's Insanity sauce. Maybe not an equal comparison, but was not nearly as hot as fresh orange habenero pepper. Doesn't have the awesome taste or head rush feeling either.

It lists pepper extract in the ingredients....does that classify it as an extract? Should it not then be marketed as a sauce or condiment for food? Sure is worthless for that purpose, in my opinion.

mirch lover said:
It lists pepper extract in the ingredients....does that classify it as an extract? Should it not then be marketed as a sauce or condiment for food? Sure is worthless for that purpose, in my opinion.

Just because something has extract in it does not mean it shouldn't be marketed as a sauce. Our Defense Condition #1, which is quite hot, has some extract in it, but retains a good flavor as well. If something is pure extract, it should be labeled as a condiment or additive.

Ohhhhh..Creator is quite a site when someone order an extreme sauce in their wings and their eyes tears..!!!!!
Good Job on that one..!!!!:onfire:

marcosauces said:
Ohhhhh..Creator is quite a site when someone order an extreme sauce in their wings and their eyes tears..!!!!!
Good Job on that one..!!!!:shocked:

The big sissy :onfire: . Hope everyone laughed at him :shocked:

BigDawg said:
Hey Creator...How about as an internal hemorrhoid cream.

3.gif

Back