• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Best way to water seedlings?

I noticed when I germinated the seeds, the roots had like a light fuzz to them. Are they the new roots branching out or is that MOLD? haha... not sure. just the habaneras had that the bhut did not. Well I planted them anyway, is there anything I can use to help get rid of that mold if it is mold?

1 Tbsp peroxide (3%) per gallon of water will not hurt the seedlings and it will get rid of the mold...

MrOneEyedBoh said:
I noticed when I germinated the seeds, the roots had like a light fuzz to them. Are they the new roots branching out or is that MOLD? haha... not sure. just the habaneras had that the bhut did not. Well I planted them anyway, is there anything I can use to help get rid of that mold if it is mold?

I suspect what you saw were root hairs. Did they look sorta like this radish sprout?

rthairs.jpg

yeah i think its just the fine hairs that you actually need on your roots... the more hairs you have the better intake the plants have for nutes..

wordwiz said:
The guy looks like he is wearing boxing glove!

Mike

Yeah, it's a funky seedling, but it was the best example of root hairs I could find on a quick google.

Pam

Whew, glad I used the search function. I was worried that I had mold in the seedling tray but after a closer look it seems like it is just root hairs. Gotta love the search function! ;)

I top water with a diluted mixture of Epsom Salt, Superthrive and Miracle Gro in 1 gallon water jugs, quantities like a pinch of epsom salt, pinch of miracle gro, few drops of Superthrive and a few drops of Potassium Permanganate to ward off algae from the tap (Aquarium stuff).

This really helps with leaching of nutrients from the soil, I do this in addition to normal fertilizer every so often.

If they look like they need calcium, I replace the epsom salt with dolomite lime (pellet form, dissolves really quick).

Back