• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Bhut Jolokia in popular culture

Farmville is a game on facebook as is Mafia Wars. Whether or not I do anything on mine depends on how much time I have... usually do nothing. Now that Omri found bhuts I may just have to check a little more to see what all is there.

Butch T's Trinidad Scorpion IS the hottest of all IMO. We all got that seed 3-4 years ago. :) That's CRAZY hot. Not too edible IMO. Butch grew it, but the real credit goes to whoever got it originally from Trinidad.

Butch's are unedible indeed. grew once, stashed the seeds somewhere and that was all.
I did use one of the plants in my "Scorpion X" project.

captainpepper said:
Interesting:cool: never grew a scorpion before but would love to do so as soon as my season starts:)
Didn't I send you some?
Will gladly recover some seeds for ya.

The Savinas you mean?...well if so...the pods aren't mature enough to comment on that;)(i'm kind of a wuss to try them out freshly picked anyway):oops:

Ah, still no ripe pods? no worries, they ripen really quick in this weather.
You should try at least once in your life a fresh pod right off the plant. they're not that hot this time of the season anyway (for a Savina I mean :hell:).

cmpman1974 said:
Omri, I forgot to ask what are the 7-8 strains of Bhut Jolokia you grow? Any big differences among them? :)
Well mainly varied pod size and shape, but you can also find it in some degree in the same plant. some strains are just hotter or have a different intensity of flavor. some ripen differently (one is almost white before ripening :shocked:).

BTW those are 8 strains of "Jolokia", not "Bhut Jolokia".
They're labled Bhut Jolokia, Bih Jolokia, Naga Jolokia, Raja Mirch and such.

I did see that when my wife was planting her farmville crop :shocked: Weird huh? So I offered her a taste of the real deal, but she gladly refused that saying "no one eats that"... Though she was growing entire fields of it :crazy:

(sorry to interrupt and be kind of on topic :lol: ;) )

Butch T is a pepper grower who sent seeds to many people. I think there is a story behind the seeds. It does seem to be a little different from other T. Scorpions. It's my favorite pepper, one of the hottest and I love to cook with it. For some reason, I can't keep one alive for a second season. It's a very vigorous plant, but I seem to have very bad luck with it. I've only got a few seeds left for 2010 and I'm going to give them the best care next year.

orangehero said:
What is the Butch T Scorpion...a different "strain"? It is inedible while regular T. Scorpions are?

HAH! behold Omri's massive Jolokia field!
bahut.jpg

I don't find the plants very detailed and that's disappointing...
bhutt.jpg

The larger ones are simply "extra fertilized" by other FarmVille players.

Interesting that you use a chick, i do too!

I am up to level 21 i think but Lordviykor is kicking my butt :lol:

Do I have you as a neighbor?
I know the farmer is supposed to be me, but I don't want to look at a dude all day. having a lady farmer is way cooler, especially when I yell at the monitor "START WORKING, WOMAN!". all in good spirit, of course. :D

It's an addictive game, isn't it? started playing FarmVille almost a year ago (I think) at nights after training with my former unit. that's what we all did... soldiers at day, farmers at night. :lol:

Back