• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense bhut jolokia

ok lets start new fight over the name again but this time its not me who named this Assam pepper its the growers who gave seeds to john fiedler so if you guys wanna start fight get me out of it and contact the seed origin Mr John what i know about this pepper is

very thin light weight turns from light green to bright red to taste as hot as original Bjolokia from UN Mexico this is not well known variety , the heat is feels more strong since the pod is more thinner and smaller

hpim2052.jpg

hpim2055.jpg

hpim2053.jpg

now this pic bellow is the original Bhut Jolokia

hpim1998u.jpg

hpim1994.jpg

Seriously Judy... How in the hell can you grow peppers so cool looking like this??!

In the last couple of weeks every topic you start has some awesome pics in it.

Got to say that I love both your Bhut Jolokia and your new Assam. Mine are cool looking, but they just cant compare.

Thumbs up for another great post :)

Bleash

thnx for nice comments guys fighters over the name are not here yet why lolol or they are hiding bcz i didnt add no words to the original name well i guess i will wake them up by saying i will name this one the JJ = Judy`s Jolokia ... iam just kidding
i have many vraieties that many people dont know about i have alot of pepper lovers friends from all over the world so what i am trying to say is that my seeds comes from the main source always

now inordder not to creat another fight over the heat i found this one stonger in taste heat level and duration of the flavour in your mouth i dont know if its due to the thin skin or the concentration of the oil is higher so the only way to tell is by personally trying it.
i have about 16 pods i migth sell but not for one person i want many people to try it so if you want taste send me PM i can ship you package of this one and others to make it worth shipping every one is allowed to have three of this one i only have two plant but next year i will have more bcz i just love it more than the original Bhut jolokia

beautiful pictures! and it's not about fighting. assam is just a bhut phenotype with better production. it has a closer link to the indian strain. your yield should be close to double the amount of other bhuts and just look at all the bumps! no need for arguing. it is what it is. some sell it as assam pepper some sell it as assam bhut jolokia. either way it's an awsome pepper.

I love the way they look and would like to get seeds from all of your strains!! Every pepper you have posted have the WOW effect on me!
:onfire: :onfire: :onfire:

Mmmm... I don't know why those are making me drool, because I've yet to have a ripe one and I'm sure I'd be doing far more than drooling after eating one of those...

I had a Naga Morich in its green stage and, while it had a bit of heat, it was weak. I hope to get my ass handed to me once I pick off a ripe one. [I heard they're hot as hell even when still green; I wanted to test that, and found out that it's apparently based on how ready it is to change colors...]

I got the package from Judy today! I tried a itty bitty piece of this pepper while desseding, and I can agree, hotter than the hinges of hades!

Photo of what I got!!!
100_1248.jpg

I grew that variety two years ago Judy. It's a great strain of Bhut Jolokia. I was friends with the original acquirer. Quite a story behind those seeds! You should have seen the originals that were smuggled into the U.S. Never in a million years would anyone have believed they could germinate. They look great. All your peppers do this season.

Chris

Who's John Fiedler?

Chris, so this is a different strain of Bhut Jolokia? Could an extra bumpy/wrinkly Bhut Jolokia be cultivated over a couple of years to come up with these?

Thanks.

Great pics Judy, thank you.

Back