• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics BigT Plant Pics 2011

Watch out for those Douglah's!!!

Tasted my first pod last week and it was nasty.
Almost couldn't finish my dinner.

Very nice plant by the way. :)

Bleash

Chocolate Bhut pods ↓

Your Choco Bhut pods look great, the coloration is almost red-tinged (maybe the lighting?), I don't really see that on my pods which are generally very brown:
P1160834.jpg

Your Choco Bhut pods look great, the coloration is almost red-tinged (maybe the lighting?), I don't really see that on my pods which are generally very brown:

I agree Charlie, mine definitely have a bit of red in them. Here are a couple of pod pics taken with a different camera inside.

Watch out for those Douglah's!!! Tasted my first pod last week and it was nasty. Almost couldn't finish my dinner.Very nice plant by the way. :) Bleash

Thanks Bleash, they've already hurt me. I'm used to it.

Yes, in between brown and red. They look delicious!

They're tasty, but I love Bhuts.

They look painful to me. Good looking pods there bigt congrats on the success.

Thanks Patrick. Everything's slowing down a little now, we had a record July for heat in the DC area. I'm hoping August will be a little milder.

Very nice looking Chocolate Bhuts BigT!!
And they have excellent size on em too! :onfire:

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin - they're among my best plants for sure. A have to give props to Jason(dakota_115) from Alaska for more great seeds - he sent me some fine stuff and I still have to grow 2 of them. (Giant White Hab x Bhut, Yellow 7 Pod)

Wow :eek: look at that stinger!
That thing looks like it would grow legs and scuttle across the floor.
Nice job your plants look fabulous :onfire:

7 Pot "Primo" pods ↓

7 Pot "Primo" - peek inside ↓

2 Giant Jolokias & a Bhut Jolokia ↓

I have a feeling the Giant Jolokia pods will be bigger in the 2nd harvest in October. We had the hottest July here on record and I don't think it helped.

I have a feeling the Giant Jolokia pods will be bigger in the 2nd harvest in October. We had the hottest July here on record and I don't think it helped.

I'm starting to see the same with my 2nd round giants. Round 1 size is "ok" but overall not up to par with last season. The new pods that have been forming look like they will break that trend. Hopefully the weather stays above 70 and below 100 :)

Your pods and plants are looking good, another great update :beer:

Those Primos are some mean devils. Nice pic. :)

Thanks SS - they are mean! - best for sauces and powder - the delayed reaction from eating them fresh is just not worth it.

I'm starting to see the same with my 2nd round giants. Round 1 size is "ok" but overall not up to par with last season. The new pods that have been forming look like they will break that trend. Hopefully the weather stays above 70 and below 100 :)

Your pods and plants are looking good, another great update :beer:

I think my black pots on asphalt helped the plants grow back in April and May as the roots got warm. But it really took its toll on the plants in July as the roots got overheated. I need to rethink this for next year - possibly raise the pots up off the asphalt to create an air gap(for cooling) and maybe put some reflective material on them on the sun exposure side. Then, after the summer is over and fall comes, revert back to stage one. I had tons of leaf curl this year and I'm blaming the heat. I also plan to grow at least one Giant Jolokia in the ground next year. (My raised bed old potting soil spot)

Yea I imagine the black on black + 100 degree temps for multiple days can really cook the roots. Plants and pods are still looking good though, you should get plenty of heat. Love that last pic. I'm going to snpa some more pics today too, have a lot ripening up now including some of the biggest chocolates I've ever seen. :onfire:

Plants and pods are looking good Tony, thanks for the credit on the Primo seeds but really thank Primo and cmpman1974 who passed the seed to me. My Bhut Jolokia pods have been shorter than normal this year also hoping that changes this fall.

Back