• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics BigT Plant Pics 2011

Some harvest pics:

Giant Jolokias and a couple of Yellow Scorpions. All GJ's from the plant pictured above. ↓

Clockwise from top left: Douglahs, Orange Habs (a few like to stay white), Jumbo Jalapenos & Beni Highlands. ↓

7 Pot Primos with some Chocolate Bhuts and Jumbo Cayennes. ↓

More should be coming in October - most plants are picked pretty clean now. The heat has subsided and we're starting to get into normal summer weather here now.

Yea I imagine the black on black + 100 degree temps for multiple days can really cook the roots. Plants and pods are still looking good though, you should get plenty of heat. Love that last pic. I'm going to snpa some more pics today too, have a lot ripening up now including some of the biggest chocolates I've ever seen. :onfire:

Yeah, surprisingly a few plants turned out fine in spite of the heat, but most suffered. The Giant Jolokia pods really aren't that bad, they only pale in comparison to the spectacular ones you sent me last year. Round two on all these pods could be interesting.

"Bhut-tacular", love that crowded node!

Thanks - it's neat when they all make it to maturity on the same node.

Plants and pods are looking good Tony, thanks for the credit on the Primo seeds but really thank Primo and cmpman1974 who passed the seed to me. My Bhut Jolokia pods have been shorter than normal this year also hoping that changes this fall.

Thanks Cappy - and thanks to Primo and Chris too. The 7 Pot Primos are really cool plants. Fall should be gentler and kinder, but this year has still been decent compared to last year when it was brutally hot in May and June. Last year my plants were horrible.

Back