• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Blair's POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS

The strats have been disemboweled before packaged for human consumption. It's lovely ketones and their cousins that have a bad habit of causing renal failure.

DEFCON Creator said:
The strats have been disemboweled before packaged for human consumption. It's lovely ketones and their cousins that have a bad habit of causing renal failure.

Liver failure does not sound appetizing.

Say, guess what I just found out... It doesn't seem to be possible to make oleoresin without the use of a solvent.

I'll keep searching, I've got one of our organics suppliers on it, and if it's out there, he'll find it. But I'm starting to think that the sprats took the easy way out... Liver hell is here to stay.

Now I just wonder why anyone is allowed to use the word "natural" when referring to oleoresin... Nail polish remover and paint thinner is simply not what I would call "natural".

Am I being overly picky???

T

Picky? Not at all. "Natural" is the epitome of an ambiguous word. Everything on this planet is "natural", otherwise it would come from somewhere else. This includes chemicals. To say ketones are 'natural' is legally correct, although pushing the envelope a bit, because even chemical solvents were created from existing things on the Earth, hence they are in a way 'natural'. Kind of like the phrase "fat free", it's a complete blindfold to the truth, or the best one out there yet is the made-up word, "Lite".

DEFCON Creator said:
Picky? Not at all. "Natural" is the epitome of an ambiguous word. Everything on this planet is "natural", otherwise it would come from somewhere else. This includes chemicals. To say ketones are 'natural' is legally correct, although pushing the envelope a bit, because even chemical solvents were created from existing things on the Earth, hence they are in a way 'natural'. Kind of like the phrase "fat free", it's a complete blindfold to the truth, or the best one out there yet is the made-up word, "Lite".

I feel another rant coming on. lol

T

Just wanted to post my appreciation to DefCon and Tina for the detail they went into here. It was very educational.

chuk hell said:
Just wanted to post my appreciation to DefCon and Tina for the detail they went into here. It was very educational.

Ah shucks.

I can't speak for Defcon, but I love detail. One of the hazards of being me. Besides, it was really fun; one of the better discussions I recall having in a long time...

Now if I could just get John talking politics, I'd be in my glory. :lol:

T

Tina, you know about how I feel about discussing politics in this forum. There are thousands of sites to go to where peopel spill their virtiol-filled bilge, and I really don't want to see this become another George Soros hate-America site. I think you can understand that.

Why not keep the politics in "the Lounge" in a particular thread?

Better to avoid it all together I suppose. I've seen things get really ugly on other forums. DefCon is smart about that.

One way to think about is, the "Lounge" is in effect a cyber-bar...And what are the 2 things not to be discussed in a bar...Politics and religion. Easy enough.

DEFCON Creator said:
One way to think about is, the "Lounge" is in effect a cyber-bar...And what are the 2 things not to be discussed in a bar...Politics and religion. Easy enough.

Lol, See!

I think that in order to get John to talk politics with me, it'll take 750 ml of tequila and 750 ml of raspberries in heat. lol

T

So i had some people who are not chileheads, but claim to like hot sauce try some stuff today at my office. I had my adorable 20yr old employee in pain from the stuff. I cut up pieces of bagel and had her dip into some PSE. She is now sucking on ice cubes and can't concentrate. :lol: I had one guy flip me the bird. I love friday and i love hot sauce. :D

fineexampl said:
So i had some people who are not chileheads, but claim to like hot sauce try some stuff today at my office. I had my adorable 20yr old employee in pain from the stuff. I cut up pieces of bagel and had her dip into some PSE. She is now sucking on ice cubes and can't concentrate. :lol: I had one guy flip me the bird. I love friday and i love hot sauce..............

...................And doing some serious grave digging.

I used to panfry my breasts(outside) with PSF they came out nice but to taste I found it did have a bitter taste to it..I was going to pick up another bottle just because it was one of the first sauces I started with well that and pain and suffering

Back