• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Blues, Booze & BBQ

About two hours in the smoke and then foiled for 45 and then....

IMG_3514.jpg

Have mercy! Super tender. Beefy. Perfect amount of smokage. I simply could not resist slapping it on a tore tillah' with some scheeze and shredded cabbage.

IMG_3513.jpg

Guess what I'm having for lunch today!

Oh for gods sake. That is one of my favorite cuts of beef.
For some reason, our butcher here calls them 'Hawaiian Cut Ribs'.
I don't know know why, cuz he ain't from Hawaii.
They have the perfect marbleing fat to meat ratio, and take on any flavor you put on them.
And the bones just fall out. I like how you did them, I've never had them smoked,
I think we're thinking about getting a smoker...

Nice TB..... nice.

Funny SD, what I had really wanted was some rib tips which are the trim away's off of a St. Louis spare rib. Sadly, many of the butchers and meat cutters down here don't know what they are. Reckon to get some I'll just have to do my own and trim off my own spares.

We've been humpin the last couple days building a patio for our grill. It's finished and now our grill is out of the dirt.
We picked up a grill gazebo at wallyworld for a hundred bucks, and now it looks like the cover of a Home and Garden magazine out there.

We were thinking about marinating some chicken breastesses in some chipotle 7pot, for some egg maker tacos.

So TB, if you post pics of your Koreeron Srort Reebsz,, we'll post pics of our "whatever comes off the grill tacos".

We may not have booze in town for a while, but check out these prices!
ed32be60.jpg

1ab0af3d.jpg

Smoker's getting fired up in a couple hours for some FatFish.

Scovie, you better hurry! I'm headed to town to deliver salsa and gonna clear out the shelf!

TB, Label says "Columbia River Fat Fish" True Story. I have pics on the cell phone, will post when the battery gets charged up :crazy:

Chimney's lit but man what a bitch. Breezy here in Bluesland.
Beef short rib

IMG_3630.jpg

Some short rib married with...

Soy sauce
pineapple/orange juice
sesame oil
sugar
sesame seed
minced green o's
Huy Fong Chile Garlic Sauce

IMG_3631.jpg

On the left married for 14 hours. On the right seasoned with Lawry's for mrs. blues.

IMG_3634.jpg

Oh that is a deep marinade, I thought it was seared :lol:

TB did those acids do any "cooking" within the 14 hours or was it all good to go? Curious as I usually don't citrus/vinegar marinade for long periods.

Dan I only used about 3 oz of the juice just to give a hint of the citrus. Some recipe's for this style I've seen call for a lot more.

Predominant should be the sweet soy and heat from the chile garlic.

Ribs going on in 10-9-8-7...

Back