• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bodeen's 2013 Grow _-_ Love at First Sting

Not actually starting this yet. Just trying to get my thoughts together on what and how many I will be planting of everything. There is the possibility that there will be no cows here next year and the pastures will be made into corn fields. This would mean the barn lot will be free and empty. It grows some of the best grass on the farm and the barn does have a well and a pump already there. Could it be garden number 3??? Also contemplating enlarging the back garden again.

Seed list so far

Hot Peppers

7 Pod Yellow: One Plant
7 Pod: One Plant
7 Pod Brain Strain: Three Plants
7 Pod Burgandy: Three Plants
7 Pod Chaguanas: One plant
Aji Amarillo: One Plant
Aji Chinchi Amarillo: One Plant
Assam: Three plants
Bhut Jolokia: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Brown: Three Plants.
Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate: Three Plants
Bhut Jolokia, Peach: Three Plants.
Bhut Jokolia, Yellow: Three plants
Big Bomb Hybrid: Three plants
Biggie Chile Hybrid: One plant

Black Hungarian: One Plant
Budapest Hybrid: Three Plants
Cayenne (Thick): One Plant

Cayenne (Chocolate): Six Plants, with one over winter
Cayenne (Orange): One Plant
Chapeu Du Frade (Bishop's Hat): One Plant.
Chenzo Hybrid: One Plant
Cherry Bomb Hybrid: Three Plants

Czechoslovakian Black: One Plant
Fatalii: Three Plant
Fatalii, Red: One Plant
Fatalii x Savina: Three Plants
Fish: One plant.
Fresno: One Plant
Habanero Chocolate: Three plants
Habanero Orange: One plant
Habanero Peach: One Plant
Habanero Red: One plant
Habanero White: One plant

Habanero Yellow: One Plant
Hawaiian Sweet Hot: One Plant
Jalapeno, Biker Billy: One plant
Jalapeno, Goliath: One plant
Jalapeno, Purple: One plant

Jamaican Yellow: One plant
Lemon Drop: One plant.
Paper Lantern: One plant.

Peter Pepper (Orange): One Plant
Rain Forest: One Plant
Red Savina: One plant
Sante Fe Grande: Three plants.
Serrano Tamp: Two to three plants.

Thai Giant: One Plant
Tobago: One plant
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T: One plant

Trinidad Scorpion Green: Three Plants
Trinidad Moruga: Three plants
Trinidad Red Douglah: Three plants
Trinidad Douglah Chocolate: Three plants
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow: One Plant
White Scorpion Tongue: One Plant
Yellow Thai: One plant

Sweet Peppers

Jimmy Nardello: Six plants
Douce D`Espagne: Six plants
Lipstick: Two plants
Sweet Goliath: Three plants
Atris Hybrid: Three plants

Gypsy Hybrid: Three plants
La Rouge Royale: Three plants
Golden Treasure: Three plants

Mini Bell Red: Two Plants

I have never used bananas before to ripen the fruit.  Not knowing the size of your box or amount of peppers I would say two should be good.  Not sure if they give off the same or more than apples and maters.

Bodeen said:
Explained all that in the note.  HBMB is HillBilly Meat Blend and HBFB is HillBilly Fish Blend.  So far everyone likes the flavor and none of my non HOT friends have found a "taste" to be too hot.  What note? But now I know, unless there was a secret code to making the powder in note. Which couldn't do anyhow, without Burgs! Thank you!

I too got some pepper love in the mail today.

I am saying Bonda and Harold are in the box.  Going to say TSMB, yellow brain, 7 Pod Brown x Naga, red Moruga and the flat red one could be a sav x fat??? Just red fatalii and from tasting the red phenom of fatalii x savina from Pia, are same pepper. Ya right either way!!

500 some peppers put me out of bags in a hurry lol.  I usually get plastic because it makes for nice garbage bags in small garbage cans,

annie57 said:

Explained all that in the note.  HBMB is HillBilly Meat Blend and HBFB is HillBilly Fish Blend.  So far everyone likes the flavor and none of my non HOT friends have found a "taste" to be too hot.  What note? But now I know, unless there was a secret code to making the powder in note. Which couldn't do anyhow, without Burgs! Thank you!

I too got some pepper love in the mail today.

I am saying Bonda and Harold are in the box.  Going to say TSMB, yellow brain, 7 Pod Brown x Naga, red Moruga and the flat red one could be a sav x fat??? Just red fatalii and from tasting the red phenom of fatalii x savina from Pia, are same pepper. Ya right either way!!

500 some peppers put me out of bags in a hurry lol.  I usually get plastic because it makes for nice garbage bags in small garbage cans,

You didn't get a note in the package with the powder?  That is odd because I put one in each package I shipped off. 
It isn't a secret recipe though....somewhere on here I show the peppers on the grill to be smoked.  But next year you will be able to make the powder  :onfire:  :onfire:  :onfire:

Love at First Sting!!!

Sting.jpg

These were solid green when I picked them off Sunday.  This picture was taken yesterday.

The below picture was taken yesterday as well.  Peach bhuts are looking like they want to ripen.

box.jpg

Pulled 5 ripe peach bhuts out today.

All these peppers are like bonuses....if I left them on the plant, all would have been lost.  Like free pods!!!

Wow...5 containers........my last chop was a 5 gal bucket......lol

Jeff besides any of your normal processing with the unripes, you may want to pick up some 1 gal glass jugs. I stuff mine with green pods and vinegar..
The juice gets reincorporated in some out sauce making.....Good Stuff with an extra  twang

Back