• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food Boomas BBQ

Excellent job Booma. You pig looks great.

I use a plastic bottle with brine and constantly miss to cool leather parts to brown evenly everywhere. And also it goes washing blood ejected by leather. Also I paint with the chimichurry oil and it prevents get dark in places.  Council do unnecessary because the pig looks great

Here had overeating and overran more than half of the pig... Finally I use the leftover leather nobody eats, for frying and make chicharron

Couple more shots, didnt actually take many decent pics, oh well, another time i hope

and thought i would share the outdoor setup at the moment, that BIG shiny BBQ that TB loved has now gone, no more cooking with gas unless im frying wings

And you say you don't own gadgets. Okay, maybe not gadgets but lots of "big boy toys."

;)

That's the juiciest way I've seen whole hog done, upside down. How was it?

Jesus Palomino in a chicken coop!

First that pig!

And then...

2 grills.

Pizza oven.

Smoker.

All on an awesome patio with an awning surrounded by a giant faux pax marijuana tree.

Damn you..you..you...Aussie bastige!

Boom you need to move to Texas.

You'd be elected Governor in about 2 days.

Your right THP, big boy toys hahaha.

The pig was cooked belly down in the pit for 5-6 hours then I transferrevsome coals to directly underneath and flipped it over to try and dry the skin out a little more.

First attempt at it, learnt a lot. Was super tender and juicy but think it needed another hour or so for the skin. Good fun though

Cheers TB!!!! One day I'll make it to Texas
And those plants are my favourite, black bamboo

Oh sure.

Just rub salt in the wound for cryin' out loud.

More Aussie awesomeness I don't have.

And screw you too DTS!

:rofl: 

Now that's a dream BBQ hangout right there! Where did you buy that smoker? Love that makeshift bed for food coma affected patients. 

I just executed phase 1 of my own plan, with the purchase of a Weber kettle. Have 3 weeks off work so let the fun begin! I'll even give up KFC.  Hope you fellas don't mind being spammed by pics of charcoal grilled food..... 

Love the lights. Is the wire taped to the rope or is that hollowed out? What you have them water tanks for?

Hells Kitchen said:
Now that's a dream BBQ hangout right there! Where did you buy that smoker?  
Cheers, a guy in essendon, Paul, from Silvercreek Smokers makes them, very sturdy
sicman said:
Love the lights. Is the wire taped to the rope or is that hollowed out? What you have them water tanks for?
The rope is hollowed out, cable runs through it, found them online. Love them

The one closest the column is a water tank and the others are going to be vegie beds. I also have another 7 around yard that are going to be filled with different species of bamboo

Back