• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boomas BBQ

Cooking with Fire, gets a whole lot more attention, this thread is going to get regular updates on all things BBQ.

As some are aware i got a custom built pit/smoker last year and am slowly getting my head around this whole style of cooking. Lots of fun!!

Soon there will be a new toy to add to the outdoor kitchen, hopefully sooner than later............

Still after as much feedback as possible, always trying to improve.

So to start this off, Brisket cooked yesterday for about 9-10 hrs, then wrapped and rested in an Esky for 2-3 hours. Brisket was sprinkled with a plain old mix of salt and pepper.

Pork ribs done 3-2-1 method with a dry rub

DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00992.JPG

DSC00993.JPG

sicman said:
Cool,cool. Those rope lights are cool as all get out. Im going to search for some. They would look good in my barn.
That's the sort of look I'm going for, just need to collect a few more things now

The cheapest I could find came from a company on eBay, they came from an Australian couple who live/run a shop in China. They are called Tudo and Co, they were a 1/4 of the price of other places.

http://www.tudoandco.com

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJu8RreAGnM

Now I see that, I think that on Sunday I have smoked some ribs.

Since the rib has enough fat, as the taste is? Once smoked a flank and did not taste much

Don't compare ribs to flank!!!!!

You can smoke any cut of pork and it tastes amazing.

You can only smoke a couple cuts of beef for good taste, namely ribs, brisket, and tri-tip.

Booma any chance you have a link to the plans for that over featured in post 157?  I won't pretend to be able to tile nearly as well, but I can glue some shit together close enough to work.  :)  Can you tell me do you build the fire first and then remove the coals to cook in that oven?

SmokenFire said:
Booma any chance you have a link to the plans for that over featured in post 157?  I won't pretend to be able to tile nearly as well, but I can glue some shit together close enough to work.  :)  Can you tell me do you build the fire first and then remove the coals to cook in that oven?
Hey mate, the pizza oven came from a company in kit form, I jas the base/frame made and then out the 2 concrete domes together, rendered etc and then tiled

I use kindling and wood and cook with the ash, wood and flames

Booma said:
Beef ribs are done

Cherry and apple wood, spicy dry rub
I gotta try making these again. The last time I made them they were ok not great. But I braised them first. Never cooked them like a spare if that is what its like?  

HAHAHAHA! Those goopy ribs hahaha! Scovie has nightmares about those ribs.

LUCKYDOG said:
I gotta try making these again. The last time I made them they were ok not great. But I braised them first. Never cooked them like a spare if that is what its like?  

There's different cuts of short ribs. Booma's looks like Plate Ribs.
Left = Beef Back Ribs (a rack similar to spare)
Right = Chuck Short Ribs (ribs 2,3,4,5)
Upper = Plate Short Ribs (ribs 6,7,8... that big hunk is one plate rib, to the left of it is two plate ribs uncut)

beef_ribs.jpg

Plate has the best marbling. Ribs 6, 7, and 8 are below the ribeye.

Yeah, that was totally gross. Actually, that changed me a little bit ...

I reverted to my life-long position of liking meats a perfect Medium, having spent some years in the Medium-Rare club after getting more intimate w/ meats on Atkin's ...

THP, I started with a rack of ribs that contained 6 bones/ribs, cut into to 3 rib racks, looks like what you would call plate ribs

Back