• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boomas BBQ

Cooking with Fire, gets a whole lot more attention, this thread is going to get regular updates on all things BBQ.

As some are aware i got a custom built pit/smoker last year and am slowly getting my head around this whole style of cooking. Lots of fun!!

Soon there will be a new toy to add to the outdoor kitchen, hopefully sooner than later............

Still after as much feedback as possible, always trying to improve.

So to start this off, Brisket cooked yesterday for about 9-10 hrs, then wrapped and rested in an Esky for 2-3 hours. Brisket was sprinkled with a plain old mix of salt and pepper.

Pork ribs done 3-2-1 method with a dry rub

DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00992.JPG

DSC00993.JPG

grantmichaels said:
I have to say, and I feel this way about bierz' stuff too, often - or at least, when it's steak - that I don't think I prefer the cool white balance for BBQ'd beef.

I think it works for pork and fish and poultry, but I'm pretty sure that I most-appreciate warmth in photographed beef ...

i just click the button on the iphone, i have no idea about cool or warm. But the good camera may come out for the TD, even though i do the same, point and shoot

texas blues said:
Just send me up on the next Soyuz space shot.

Damn dude you old!!!! Had to google that. Some Russian rocket sounds like soyrizo  :lol: no wonder u dig.

grantmichaels said:
I have to say, and I feel this way about bierz' stuff too, often - or at least, when it's steak - that I don't think I prefer the cool white balance for BBQ'd beef.

I think it works for pork and fish and poultry, but I'm pretty sure that I most-appreciate warmth in photographed beef ...

LOLzzzz wtfffffffffffffffffffffffff?!!!!

That pic is epic...u got an problem, u mind is messed up

bullshit ...

http://thehotpepper.com/index.php?/topic/44570-Boomas-BBQ/page__view__findpost__p__1216157

look at the wood in pic #2 ...
now look at these nice warm one's ...

http://thehotpepper.com/index.php?/topic/56927-BEGIN%21-Grillin%27-%26-Chillin%27-Throwdown/page__view__findpost__p__1216419

that look like it ...

i think it's just whether it's sunny or cloudy, perhaps ...

DIfferent tables, the nice Warm wood in the pics with the webers, are the Jarrah Weber tables, the other pics are on the table that is in the sun all day, grey and faded,

is that what you are saying??

I yanked it and saved a side-by-side ... easier than trying to talk about it using words ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441652086.117620.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441652093.382311.jpg

PS - If you don't like that I've posted them, I'm happy to edit/delete them out, no biggie ...

tctenten said:

Now I get what you were saying.  Never would have noticed it.  The only question I have is…are those short ribs?   

Yeah ... my personal hierarchy of white balancing has beef second only to ethnic skin ...

FWIW, the green/brown of plants are probably #3 ...

The blue(/green) of water is probably next ...

I guess I just need for the organic stuff to look the most photorealistic, most of all, in any given scene ...

Booma said:
Making sense grant

I mention it primarily because I saw your beginning phases of making a BBQ cookbook somewhere (IG or FB, can't recall) and I think it's a topic worth consideration if you are doing print work w/ your photos ...

Yeah something along those lines, just for fun though, nothing too serious, may just do a downloadable book for anyone who is keen at the start, long way off, family friends I spose

Back