event Bowers Chile Pepper Festival 2014

GeminiCrow said:
Ugh...

Now there is chance of rain on Friday and Saturday....

that's gonna suck...

i need to make some $$ for all the $$ i plan on spending.....
Looks like a very small chance for storms tomorrow towards the evening, I'm not too worried about it.  I have to decide if I'm going tomorrow or Saturday.  While the weather makes it look like an obvious choice, if I go tomorrow it means my best friend that I just got into growing peppers wouldn't be able to go, and of course if we go Saturday then he can go but then theres the weather to worry about...decisions, decisions....

I'm only going by the basic iphone weather app, which doesn't give too much detail, but when i see the cloud with a lightning bolt thru it, it still disheartens me a bit.....hoping for the best!!!! :)

HEY! WAIT A MINUTE! Where is the passion?! Chance of rain both days. Yeah? And?...Hmmm, think WAY back, weren't we all born wet? Bring an umbrella, wear a drover coat, put on a hat, whatever you gotta do. If rain reacts to your body like sulfuric acid, well, I can understand your point, so does Giorgio Tsoukalos...If not, there is no reason NOT to attend. Both days look fine before mid to late afternoon anyway.

Look beyond your fear of water, in Bowers, you don;t have to worry about Shark Week.

Ill be there and im sure buying some defcon again! Creator I need to try your special stuff before the normal things this year wanna feel the real heat.

If anyone wants to say "hey" ill be wearing a red fire department tee shirt jeans and boots with a parrot tattooed on my forearm. Hopefully the state police isn't reading this I think I may have a warrant.

I'll be there as a spectator. Splept on getting a booth and they booked out. I'm fine with that as it gives me a chance to check out all the other booths! I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys.

Cheers.

TheGoodGeneral said:
I'll be there as a spectator. Splept on getting a booth and they booked out. I'm fine with that as it gives me a chance to check out all the other booths! I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of you guys.

Cheers.
Another Baltimorean in attendance, fantastic!  I look forward to meeting as many THP members as possible.  My girlfriend and I will be in the fields first thing in the morning and the rest of the day shall be spent perusing pepper related wares and meeting pepper people. I can't wait!

hint: I'll be wearing a red beaded necklace with a chile pepper on it, light od green cargo shorts, and either my Baltimore Police Dept. under armor shirt or my grey "casual friday" shirt

What a great event. It was great meeting so many of you today.

Here's a sampling of what we brought home. Also the food at Snuzzles is great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 79
TheGoodGeneral said:
What a great event. It was great meeting so many of you today.
Here's a sampling of what we brought home. Also the food at Snuzzles is great.
Thanks for coming by the tent! Enjoy the sauces! Kudos on the Hoegaarden. My favorite beer or all time

Weather held out although it was hot as sin!

Let's hope it holds out tomorrow as well!

sreinhard88 said:
Another Baltimorean in attendance, fantastic!  I look forward to meeting as many THP members as possible.  My girlfriend and I will be in the fields first thing in the morning and the rest of the day shall be spent perusing pepper related wares and meeting pepper people. I can't wait!

hint: I'll be wearing a red beaded necklace with a chile pepper on it, light od green cargo shorts, and either my Baltimore Police Dept. under armor shirt or my grey "casual friday" shirt
Shoot.  Sorry I missed you guys. Although I'm in northeast PA (NEPA) now, I'm from Bowie and my sister lives in Odenton.  I've been here a while, but I still miss home.  I'm still into Chesapeake Bay Retrievers, Black-Eyed Susans, CB Blue Crabs, Terrapins, and, of course... jousting. 

Awesome bunch of people on this site.  Always like to meet more, especially ones from MD!  Have to catch you next year.  I'll hopefully be a vendor.

Great to see everyone else and thanks for all the advice and offers of assistance with getting my biz off the ground.  Y'all are the best.  Here's to another great year at Bowers!

Regards,
Mark (TSK)

If anyone has any shots of Defcon stuff, would you be able to email me them? I honestly never got a chance to take any pics this year. :(

Back