• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

BREAKFAST!!!

I was looking for a breakfast thread and never found one that seemed open-ended enough to post on. So here y'all go!

Posty up your breakfast if you like, even if it's cold leftover pizza.

No time for words? No problem. Show us your awesome yellowish cell phone camera pic. No obligation to write out a recipe here if you don't want to.

Forgot to take a picture until halfway through the meal? Perfect! Selfie photo-op.

Whoops! You made brunch instead? That's cool... it counts.

I'll go first with a take on a Cuban breakfast called Huevos Habaneros. It means Havana Eggs, but it's not made with Habaneros. In fact, it's not traditionally spicy hot. (Cuban meals typically aren't.) So, I had to SoFlo it up a bit and call it something different.

Huevos SoFlo

12696616545_24ec2f99e5_b.jpg

These are eggs baked over sofrito with butter on top in a custard cup for about 12 minutes at 375 F (yolks are still a bit runny). Then topped with more sofrito and garnished with some cayenne powder, but sofrito isn't spicy hot either. So...

Sofrito Caliente

(Enough for one serving)

1/4 cup chopped onion
1 Fresno pepper (cored and chopped)
1 green jalapeno (cored and chopped)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup peeled, cored, chopped tomato
olive oil for sauteing

Saute the onion and peppers till the onion is translucent. Then add the garlic and cumin for a minute more. Then toss in the tomato for another minute or two. Salt and black pepper to taste.

Do it up y'all!

Let's see what breaks your fast.

wandered into kitchen to make coffee and breakfast.

had leftover crepe batter but didn't want anything sweet, so went fridge clean out mode.

find a few slices of black forest ham on its 3rd day, last small piece of asiago. son of friends has started raising chickens to sell eggs so we have 3doz at moment.

I can work with that.

rolled ham , egg, cheese crepes
topped with parm, chives ,pepper and HeartBeat pickle serrano hotsauce as you do .

most things i eat are getting this sauce on top these days . even corn on the cob

PXL_20230728_212224883~2.jpg

PXL_20230728_212111302~3.jpg

Last edited:
breakfast for dinner a few days ago
dropped achunk of home cured peameal bacon on the grill to roast indirect with a small amount of sugar maple smoke . brushed with maple syrup a few times during last ten minutes.
local blueberries season is in full swing
and Donnalee makes killer pancakes.

sorry no heat element on this, I need to infuse more maple syrup at some point when I get some fresh pods

next morning PBLT wirh leftover peameal .
heartbeat dill pickle serano suace on that

PXL_20230804_002937142.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20230804_003757149.MP~3.jpg

PXL_20230804_004138231~3.jpg

PXL_20230804_151911001.MP~3.jpg

Back