• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Brian2112's 2012 Grow

Well my 2012 season has started and i have been growing some strawberries and taking care of my little chili and tomato seedlings, i will try my best to remember my growlog.... haha

Spikey the Trinidad Scorpion
Trinidad Scorpion
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T(from Butch T)
Douglah
7 pot Brainstrain
7 pot Yellow
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Carbon
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Fatalii
Fatalii Red
Tobasco
Aji Lemon
Red Manzano
Jalapeno

I'll edit the list I remember more later.
The pictures so far.

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0365-1.jpg

IMG_0377-1.jpg
IMG_0364-2.jpg

Now for the Peppers

IMG_0383-1.jpg

IMG_0381-1.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg
IMG_0386-1.jpg
IMG_0368.jpg
IMG_0385-1.jpg

Your strawberry setup looks shweeeet! Peppers looking good too! What happened to the two wilted ones in the first pepper photo? They look like a couple of mine looked after we forgot to open the greenhouse.

Hope you have a great season!
Shane

Cant wait to see Spikey babies.....I just transplanted 84 to pots, and had to leave em to go work for a few weeks.Fingers crossed.Looks like you'll have bucket loads of Douglahs!

Very nice start Brian! The babies are looking real happy. When will you set them out?

I like the frames for the bird netting. I have to do that for my baby chiles in the early season, until they get up to 8-10 inches or so, but my frames are not nearly so neat and well-built...

Good luck with your grow! As usual, you are several weeks ahead of me...

Your strawberry setup looks shweeeet! Peppers looking good too! What happened to the two wilted ones in the first pepper photo? They look like a couple of mine looked after we forgot to open the greenhouse.

Hope you have a great season!
Shane
Thanks Shane, those were 2 Aji Lemons that were growing together in a little cup, the picture was after i separated them, i guess it shocked them..idk
Hope you have a great season too!

Cant wait to see Spikey babies.....I just transplanted 84 to pots, and had to leave em to go work for a few weeks.Fingers crossed.Looks like you'll have bucket loads of Douglahs!

Yep, im going to grow all of the Spikey Scorps Isolated together..
Good luck! You should have tons of pods too..

Very nice start Brian! The babies are looking real happy. When will you set them out?

I like the frames for the bird netting. I have to do that for my baby chiles in the early season, until they get up to 8-10 inches or so, but my frames are not nearly so neat and well-built...

Good luck with your grow! As usual, you are several weeks ahead of me...
Thanks Gary!
Im not sure when i'll sent them out..... lol, i guess when i run out of room...
Yeah, the netting helps out alot keeping the amimals out!
Good luck with your plants this year man, im sure they will be huge!

Update 2/21/12
I started working the ground on my "location 2", I just need to plan out my rows and how im going to layout the whole thing....

IMG_0388-1.jpg

Some of the Strawberry plants as of 2/21/12
Looking good!

IMG_0389-1.jpg

Brian, that "Location 2" spot has got to be the largest, most perfect raised bed I have ever seen! Considering that primo Mississippi River alluvial soil you have there, combined with your "mad skilz", I think you will probably outgrow waywright and Silver Surfer this year...

Haha, i dont know about outgrowing either of them two....!, but i'll probably have more than i can handle thats for sure!
The "location 2" is an unused dirt mount that was for a house, but it is not needed anymore so i asked permission to use it! The property is for my best friend and its right next to my property. :halo:

Dude, you have definitely got the touch for growing things! That fat berry looks mighty tasty!

You may want to get in touch with millworkman or one of the other admins about getting this thread moved over to the "Glogs" ("Grow Logs") section where it will get more attention from the other growers. When they first put up that new board the admins moved all the grow logs over there, but they seemed to have missed yours.

I'm really looking forward to your grow this year, with the killer raised garden and your growing skills...I've got a feeling the Douglahs of St. James Parish will be legendary!

Gary

Haha thanks Gary!
Im going to try to make some legendary Douglahs for St. James Parish, hopefully there will be some brave souls that will want to buy some! :fireball:
Yes, when i posted this I was not paying attention, I will try to get it moved to "Glogs"

I, like every other obsessed chili head, can't wait to see how those spikey scorps turn out. Gonna be amazing.

Haha thanks Gary!
Im going to try to make some legendary Douglahs for St. James Parish, hopefully there will be some brave souls that will want to buy some! :fireball:
Yes, when i posted this I was not paying attention, I will try to get it moved to "Glogs"

I believe you are betting on the right horse—The flavor of those Douglahs you sent me was outstanding.

I think of Spikey like Chuck Norris, he does what he wants and I don't think I could stop him! Lol
Spikey might roundhouse kick me in the face..

hehe, Spikey is such a lil´ cute devil :rofl:
i love him a great deal despite his nasty behaviour :halo:

so how many Spikey plants do u have now?

best wishes Brian and keep us updated

PS: man, those strawberries look incredible delicious :eek:

hehe, Spikey is such a lilĀ“ cute devil :rofl:
i love him a great deal despite his nasty behaviour :halo:

so how many Spikey plants do u have now?

best wishes Brian and keep us updated

PS: man, those strawberries look incredible delicious :eek:
Thanks !
I have 5 Spikey plants, they are all still small though.. I still have some seeds just incase..

Update 3/12/12
Some little Spikey babies!
ae2a8528.jpg

Yellow 7s
3651de78.jpg

Other stuff
46bc7251.jpg

1a883e20.jpg

These are all new Douglahs that I am starting.... kinda had seeds to burn..lol
deefc8c0.jpg

959855cb.jpg

What's it looking like for ya? Did you get flooded out? I believe if I had plants ready I could have set them out a couple weeks ago. The dogwoods and wisteria are already blooming!

Yeah, man, go for the Douglahs...I love the big, late seed starts...it's like that last-minute, split-second inspiration, if you know what I mean. I threw a bunch of red Scorpion seeds in a little window tray a couple weeks ago and they're taking off like crazy...100% germination on seeds I scraped out of an old shriveled-up pod I found in a drawer....

Back