• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Brian2112's 2012 Grow

Well my 2012 season has started and i have been growing some strawberries and taking care of my little chili and tomato seedlings, i will try my best to remember my growlog.... haha

Spikey the Trinidad Scorpion
Trinidad Scorpion
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T(from Butch T)
Douglah
7 pot Brainstrain
7 pot Yellow
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Carbon
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Fatalii
Fatalii Red
Tobasco
Aji Lemon
Red Manzano
Jalapeno

I'll edit the list I remember more later.
The pictures so far.

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0365-1.jpg

IMG_0377-1.jpg
IMG_0364-2.jpg

Now for the Peppers

IMG_0383-1.jpg

IMG_0381-1.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg
IMG_0386-1.jpg
IMG_0368.jpg
IMG_0385-1.jpg

Great looking grow Brian. You will have your hands full in about 3 months.

Quick question about your strawberry plants. I have had two plants in my garden since January( i know I started too late) but they refuse to flower. Any advice on how to trigger them, or is it too hot outside in my location( central Florida) ? I have cukes,maters and brocc in the same soil flowering like crazy.

Thanks

Jamie

Brian, your grow out is superb - the transplants and
seedlings all look just great. Can't wait to see those
raised beds filled with podded up bushes! Good luck
going forward!

What's it looking like for ya? Did you get flooded out? I believe if I had plants ready I could have set them out a couple weeks ago. The dogwoods and wisteria are already blooming!
Yeah, man, go for the Douglahs...I love the big, late seed starts...it's like that last-minute, split-second inspiration, if you know what I mean. I threw a bunch of red Scorpion seeds in a little window tray a couple weeks ago and they're taking off like crazy...100% germination on seeds I scraped out of an old shriveled-up pod I found in a drawer....
Yeah, we got flooded pretty good, everything made it alright except some tomatoes that I just planted out, the high wind tore they up.... Good thing I didn't have my peppers out yet...
I'm going to have more Douglah plants then I know what to do with!!
I just plants out some Scorps at my grandmaws house, I think they will grow awesome there and they will be isolated...

Great looking grow Brian. You will have your hands full in about 3 months.

Quick question about your strawberry plants. I have had two plants in my garden since January( i know I started too late) but they refuse to flower. Any advice on how to trigger them, or is it too hot outside in my location( central Florida) ? I have cukes,maters and brocc in the same soil flowering like crazy.

Thanks

Jamie
Thanks Jamie!
I'm not to sure why your strawberry plants didn't flower, your climate in jan. should have been perfect, maybe they where just some weak plants or your soil temps were not right... I'm not sure, my rows are covered with black plastic that keeps the soil moist and warm... Maybe that could be it or they just might need some ferts!

Good luck with your plants!

Brian, your grow out is superb - the transplants and
seedlings all look just great. Can't wait to see those
raised beds filled with podded up bushes! Good luck
going forward!
Thanks Paul!
I wait to see it all come together too!
Good luck on your grow also, I'll be watching!

Update 3/16/12

A few Douglahs, Scorpions, and Bhuts
85d54829.jpg

My T. Scorpion row at my grandmaw's house..
She's exited to grow them too! Lol
f90ba96b.jpg

901bf53b.jpg

9c7d2b42.jpg

Some Tomatos, Sweet Bell Peppers and JalapeƱos.
5c6b0d53.jpg

Looking good....gotta laugh at wind chickens "last minute" comment.....I've 72 babies in pellets in my cabin on the Ocean Intervention 2 as I type this.
That flood platform is too perfect....can't get a better raised bed situation for sure. Us Louisiana growers are gonna have to get together some time,
and burn the crap outta our selves!

Your plants look great in the ground, especially the T Scorps; they should be big soon with a little sun!
Good luck with with the rest of your plant-out.

You're growing enough Douglahs to potentially spot some variation if there is any. I may focus on more of only a few varieties next year.

Update 3/23/12

Little Douglahs growing up a bit!
IMG_0440.jpg

Brainstrain in 5gal pot- alttile rain and wind damage, he is pulling through!
IMG_0441.jpg

Oh sweet, that Douglah grow is definitely going to be legendary! Are they going in the big raised bed?

I was wondering how you fared in the storm the other night—The weather radar showed a tornado watch box right over St. James Parish! Glad you came through it okay!

Lookin' really good, Brian. Those douglahs look like they are
gettin' it on, and that Brain is going to come roaring back like a
freight train loaded with pods! Good luck avoiding the worst
weather, man! Have a great grow season!

Oh sweet, that Douglah grow is definitely going to be legendary!

+1 :fireball:

Oh sweet, that Douglah grow is definitely going to be legendary! Are they going in the big raised bed?

I was wondering how you fared in the storm the other nightā€”The weather radar showed a tornado watch box right over St. James Parish! Glad you came through it okay!
Thanks Gary, yes they are going to be in the big raised bed. As soon as the ground dries up a bit I am going to start making the rows and put some superhots in.
That was some crazy weather, good thing I didn't have to much plants in the ground yet!!

Great looking plants, Brian. That row of scorps is going to be just awesome in about two months!

:jealousy: :jealousy: :jealousy: :jealousy: :jealousy: :jealousy:

:lol:

Things are looking amazing Brian! I cant wait to post an update like this!

Keep em comin.

Back