food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

The Hot Pepper said:
Stop lying Essegi!
Everyone over there eats artisan cheese, prosciutto, and slaughters their own lambs! Stop lying!!!

:D
Don't provoke me THP, i have the idea to try to make homemade mozz but i really have no time for that (but if we speak from here till 10 years who knows?)! :D

geeme said:
BTW…. I am digging the thin bread. What kind is it?
The Hot Pepper said:
That bread does look good.
It's a rosetta:
ROSETTA-150.jpg

rosette_0131.JPG

It's empty inside. So eating one is really not much, less than 100g in weight and that kind is quite airy and thin. Grill marks and flatness... Are actually from the press. :D
When i was a kid i had the (i still believe good) habit to remove and eat the central part above from all pieces on table and the ability to actually make it.

Not bad but i'd eat ciabatta every moment instead this.

Oh, geeme, if you dig thin bread be sure to check pane carasau:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pane_carasau
Be sure to check the video linked at the end of page, it's something to see.
It's an amusing, amazing and for sure one of my top preference thing. And i like it as it is.
I've never tried to cook it (i've read that for cooking it really well you need really high temps like 840-930 F)...

Pane carasau seems more like what we consider to be crackers here - too hard. I like that the rosettas are empty inside - still soft, and squishing doesn't equate to dense.

And ugh…. I looked up recipes for rosetta rolls. Pane-ful. 

Essegi said:
Don't provoke me THP, i have the idea to try to make homemade mozz but i really have no time for that (but if we speak from here till 10 years who knows?)! :D

It's a rosetta:
ROSETTA-150.jpg

rosette_0131.JPG

It's empty inside. So eating one is really not much, less than 100g in weight and that kind is quite airy and thin. Grill marks and flatness... Are actually from the press. :D
When i was a kid i had the (i still believe good) habit to remove and eat the central part above from all pieces on table and the ability to actually make it.

That bread is just asking to be stuffed with a fat 'ol meatball stuffed with peppers and smothered with glorious cheese. Press it flat and go to town with it. :drooling: Damn, I'm hungry again :confused:

Essi: As have achieved corrugated way on the bread crust?

It appears to be a flattened rosetta in electric grill or something. I like the combination with eggplant (in escabeche/picked?)

The Hot Pepper said:
The kaiser is basically the same thing.
Well, I've never had anything that called itself a kaiser that was hollow. And they've been more like cardboard than bread, IMO. But then, I've only ever had maybe 3 or 4 of them.

It's decided: I am just going to have to go to Presti's mañana and see if they have something magical. Well, they do. They have lots of magical things. Lots and lots of them. Like "geeme could get fat there" kinds of magical things. Their website does not do them justice at all. We'll see if I can find some pane fantastico without also walking away with pastry fantastico. 

Hawaiianero said:
That bread is just asking to be stuffed with a fat 'ol meatball stuffed with peppers and smothered with glorious cheese. Press it flat and go to town with it. :drooling: Damn, I'm hungry again :confused:
Thanks! Some days ago, not for me, i stuffed with peas in both sides, then cheese and ham.
For my burger i tried to stuff then pressed. It was total mess (burger collapsed, cheese on grill, i redo pressed both  half covering cheese with eggplants). [background=#f7f7f7]But guys here are nice and call it cheese filter. [/background] :rofl:[background=#f7f7f7]  [/background]

cypresshill1973 said:
Essi: As have achieved corrugated way on the bread crust?

It appears to be a flattened rosetta in electric grill or something. I like the combination with eggplant (in escabeche/picked?)
AS THP said!

cypresshill1973 said:
Ok did not know how it was said in English. Here are known as electric grill
Same here. It's that one:
iwXlr6V9fArOM.jpg

And that's is a really good piece of bread!

Aw shucks G.

That looks yumbo and super messy.

What's that corn doin' on that plate?

mrs. blues would give that bacon the finger but on a burger I like a touch limp just like that.

Chewy not over cooked and  crumbly bacon on a burger is dang good.

I reckon it has more flavor.

On a side note, Siccy mentioned earlier about a lamb & duck burger?

Never had ground duck but I can imaginaficate.

I LOVE DUCK!!!

I'll take gadwall or teal over a good steak any day!

texas blues said:
What's that corn doin' on that plate?

Top to bottom best as I can deconstruct (I've got a semi-food-coma going), peños, guac, shredded cheddar, bacon, blackbean corn and onion salsa, medium-rare burger patty, pepper jack cheese slice, and tortilla chips on a butter-toasted bun. I know I'm missing something, but that's close enough. There was a stray piece of lettuce on there, but that got removed after I took the pic. And yeah, messy as all get-out. Cut it in half and ate one half as a burger, but the other half got the knife-and-fork treatment. At least I was smart and got carrots and ranch on the side instead of fries - I'd be in a world of hurt right now otherwise. 

But dang…. I love duck, too, but duck over a rare slab o' ribeye beef? Say it ain't so! 

Have mercy girl!

You had me at "butter toasted bun"!

As per the duck vs. steak 'thang, my favorite steak is hands down a ribeye and I've had some of the best.

But a butter saute'd wild duck breast?

No matter how good that beef is or how its cooked....

Not even on the same planet.

geeme said:
Dear TB,

Luv ya bunches, sugar, but you can keep INO. 

Wish you were here to enjoy one of these with us.

Hugs and Kisses,

G
Just don't tell me it was too much for you that time! :D
One of the best burger ever seen!

texas blues said:

I LOVE DUCK!!!
Me too, best use till now for me is for a pasta ragù (could be best pasta ragù ever).

looks great boots,minus the onion.   but i could rip that off and throw it on the ground and be a happy little sailor.

geeme that is one messy awesome burger. i imagine half of it would end up running down my arms but that just makes for greatness.

Tb the lamb and duck burger is crazy good. 

Bootsie don't burn the bun like that, put them on a grill or something, or lower that damn flame, look how burnt they are .. those buns can't taste right.

Back