food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

texas blues said:
What kina hippy joint you got there? In Texas?????

From the menu... "Refried beans: Pinto (Vegetarian), Black (Vegan)."

What is this world coming to when you can't get plaino refried beans in Texas!?!?!?

I am sure the food is great but I judge all mexican joints on their beans. Points deducted for vej and veeg only beans!

Hahaha. No lard in the the refried beans at TB's joint. However they do have some mighty tasty refried quinoa called refried quines(r). :rofl:

...and that's pronounced...

Refried
Keens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

Phew!

That patchoili smell just disappeared. :D

Scoville DeVille said:
So I got some ground chuck from Hank's, got home and the lable said 50/50 beef/pork. WTF?!?!? Never see that at the store before unless I asked them to make it. I am thinking it will make a fine burger. Or 5.

More to come.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

I like where this is going.

nice.

i'm down w/ all of that - but especially the choice of muenster.

i don't normally ranch myself - i riff some aioli on the fly, typically - but i'll cop to thinking the jala ranch burgers Chilis was doing a few years back was positively awesome sauce, so it's probably a very tasty sauce ...

well-played.

That's not how you do a smashburger!

You're a funny guy.

YES PLEASE!!! off the chain Scovie...everything looks real nice - toasted bun, peppers, ranch sauce, bacon, muenster, lettuce!!!! aye yiyi 

1. Assemble burger with bottom bun on top :drunk:
2. Smash with fist.

I like your smash technique better. :lol:

POLL COMING!

EDIT:
VOTE! :lol:

JayT said:
Never ever seen or heard of fried avocado.  That sounds amazing!

:rofl: Plug in your Amish fireplace and take a look around the real world!

grantmichaels said:
Mind describing the process of getting to the artichoke bottoms?

Would appreciate, I'm unfamiliar with preparing that veg at home ...

Artichoke hearts on a burger sounds good. I don't know what you mean by the bottoms, but I guess if you ate the leaves first, then cut the heart out... you left less to the actual heart, so you called it the bottom. Usually I just cut the hearts out, cut in half, de-choke, and sautee.

I can see flattening it for a burger. Did you? I imagine it is a bit reminiscent of avocado on a burger consistency-wise, and even flavor-wise... they are a bit like avocado and mushroom together, so good fit!

Also, love that char!

Exactly how the boss explained is how you get to the bottom. And yes you can buy artichoke bottoms in the can next to the canned artichoke hearts in most stores.
No, I didn't flatten it. Next time. 

nate6279 said:
And yes you can buy artichoke bottoms in the can next to the canned artichoke hearts in most stores.
Never knew there were canned bottoms. That's cool.

nate6279 said:
No, I didn't flatten it. Next time.

Ha. Just sounded like a good idea. :)

Back