• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Day burgers! I bought this gadget to make my own mincemeat. I used flank and has been exquisite. Meat fat 0%

2015-01-17%252013.16.35.jpg

2015-01-17%252014.23.42.jpg

2015-01-17%252014.32.04.jpg

2015-01-17%252014.39.16.jpg

You treat meat differently than most. We look for marbled pieces for the best flavor, unless on a health kick.

Of course! It happens that had never tasted minced meat without any visible fat.

When using a beef cut that is usual for the grill, for its exquisite taste when gridding, I decided to grind a piece of beef. And despite having virtually no fat, wasdelicious, believe me.

It looks good to me! You guys have superior meat. I bet you get juice from the meat not just the fat down there.

80/20 is gonna guarantee a tasty juicy burger.  You can get away with less fat % if you're going the epic toppings route (which is fine w/ me) but 85/15 is really the lowest I'll go if you want burgers.  

For me, it comes down to this:  Do you want a truly great burger or do you want a burger that needs 'dressed up'?

cypresshill1973 said:
Day burgers! I bought this gadget to make my own mincemeat. I used flank and has been exquisite. Meat fat 0%

2015-01-17%252013.16.35.jpg

2015-01-17%252014.23.42.jpg

2015-01-17%252014.32.04.jpg

2015-01-17%252014.39.16.jpg

CH I love you man but that looks over handled and dry as hell.

You went through the trouble of grinding but didn't use enough fat.

And then pressed it.

And having said that....

Screw the critics.

Even myself, as all that matters is that you liked it.

Para todo hinte, dele nombe' chingas cabrones!

Y tambien', eres tu mas mejor cocinero que la chingada que los mamadore's en THP.

Echele putaso mi amigo!

Thanks guys!!

The meat was not dry, quite the opposite. Drying depends on how to cook and the type of meat, rather than the amount of fat. Fat provides flavor. But it is also true that not all cuts of beef have the same flavor. That's my objective to grind my meat, I choose cuts that are best for grilling, this translates into better taste, next time grind totally defatted beef ribs.

Some are lean cuts and no juicy steaks, all different flavor regardless of fat. Butcher not choose to grill tastiest cuts to grind (much waste of fat removed), however I can do.

So, been super dooper healthy the past seven, eight, whatever months and have avoided burgers the whole time. Burgers, to me, should just be a big pile of unhealthy and never thought to try and put together something somewhat/a bit more healthy until the thought struck me the other day after a massive craving. So tonight... Hell Yeah!! Burgers!!

vXDs240.jpg

I know, I know... I did not make these burgers. :eek: But I'm not even ashamed. It's Friday arvo, and it's lovely and rainy, and I have a long weekend ahead me... perfect and very rare opportunity to just do sweet shit all!

eDZEH9l.jpg

These guys do a damn good bread. Basic as hell but that's the way I like it!

bWXN0G7.jpg

Make a lot of my own yogurt these days but this stuff is divine! Figured too, what yogurt could possibly be more fitting with lamb than sheep yogurt??

ov6XlBz.jpg

Spicy garlic and mint yogurt.

cqTM052.jpg

Burgers!!

Regret not using more/hotter chillies, or probably better yet, a separate heat component (as the yogurt really took a lot of the bite out), but hey, whatever, I was just stoked to eat a burger again! :drooling:

mrs. blues had to have her INO fix today and of course I obliged her by going along.

Y'all have seen my INO burger many times in this thread so won't bother posting again.

Got home and feeling all yummy kinda' comatose like but didn't want to take a nap.

Was surfin' around and came across this absolute gem of a doc by one of my favorite burger 

guy's, George Motz.

Watch the whole 'thang.
Other than Louis Lunch and Dyer's, note that all the burgers are done on a flat top grill.

Made me recall grandpa's flat top grilled burger from the Town Tavern in Dundee, MI which he owned and operated

back in the day.

I reckon that was the first burger I can at least remember eating as a kid and possibly why I crave that style so much.

Me too. My grandfather owned bowling alleys here and parents ran the snack bar / lounge ...

Burgers off the griddle, and those chips in the yellow granite-ware looking tins rocked!

Fond memories from childhood ...

grantmichaels said:
Me too. My grandfather owned bowling alleys here and parents ran the snack bar / lounge ...

Burgers off the griddle, and those chips in the yellow granite-ware looking tins rocked!

Fond memories from childhood ...

There's been studies about this although I can't find the links.

About your first burger, your first pizza, etc. that defines what you are more inclined to favor.

I reckon it has some merit.

I've been chasing that burger, that pizza, et.al. all my life.

Still haven't found my grandma's stuffed cabbage.

Or my dear sweet ma's goulash.

Burgers...I'm real close to heaven.

Back