• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

Most likely I'll be too over served to post my pics manana.

I'm in like flynn for thursday.

I'll even try to get a couple shots of mrs. blues sliders.

beef mixed with 3 red bonnets,and 1 long skin cayene,lots of garlic powder,dales, some cheap zesty tangy bbq sauce,and a little complete seasoning..
threw them pattys on the grill,,topped with a slice of cold cheese ,tomato ,pickle,lettuce,mustard ,a little mayo on the bun. and before i topped with other half of bun i needed to cut up a nathans and throw that thing on top!
IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

jay t,t.b.? where the heck is your pics? if i remember right the deal was ill show you mine but you gotta show me yours! this is reminding me of a day when i was in second grade and "Annie" got me in trouble.

o.k.. t.b.?,,,,o.k. jay t? where it at. i shoulda known all this animal talk and slider talk was a myth? i will have no choice but to go public with this if i dont see pics!!

Sorry for the delay y'all.

Some fool over served me last night.

Browned up some diced Texas Sweet onion in Black Betty with a couple 1 1/2 - 2 ounce balls of 80/20.

IMG_3717.jpg

Hit 'em with Kosher salt, fresh ground bp and smash 'em down.

IMG_3718.jpg

The smash is key to developing a nice crust and also gets that oniony caramelized goodness pressed into the meat. I don't know what it is about pickled 'peno's, but they just go great on a burger.

IMG_3719.jpg

2 big hunks of maytag blue cheese doin' the dirty on these puppies.

IMG_3721.jpg

I've been trying my hand at making my own Heinz 57 style steak sauce (the only kind I like)

Tom paste, cider vin, raisin's, dry mustard, worchestershire sauce, fish sauce, salt and some other sheeit I can't remember tossing in just because I was gettin' mah Drunken Chef on.

Possible over splooge on the 57. BTW..Pepperidge Farm Slider buns, toasted, artisan style.

IMG_3723.jpg

As you can see, I over cooked them. I should have scheezed 'em right at the flip but nooooooo!

Still pretty juicy but I much prefer mr-med.

IMG_3725.jpg

Salute'!

Looks Smashing TB!!!! How'd your sauce turn out!?!? That's a pretty complex flavor, no?! Take notes next time! hahahahahahaha ;)

Much obliged y'all.

Is there such a 'thang as too much blue cheese?

I think not.

As per the 57'...still trying to get it right. I can get 90% close to the magic so far but its still wanting something more. This time it had too much tomato paste and was a little on the sweet side. Trust me, once I get it down I'll post a proper recipe with pic's and ever 'thang.

No burgers tonight.

I got fresh AK sockeye on sale for $9.99 for tacos tonight.

Damn you all to hell with your stinkin' $6.99 a pound Copper River sheeit Scovie!!

Hahaha I don't know if I should apologize, or run down to the store and buy enough to fill my bathtub.

$9.99 ain't bad tho bro. Eat up!

Nice burgers y'all, and NO!... There is no such thing as too much blue cheese.
Blue Cheese samwich with a ground beef topping? Sure!
I'm pretty sure FD was trying his 'Stand Up' talents. Hahahaha

Got this from LuchBox's garden. Chopped it up and put it in here. Topped with the usual, Best Maid pickles, avocado, etc....
redsavina.jpg

redsavinaburger.jpg

Pretty tasty. Time to cook something different while the wife is out of town. Muhahhahahah....two days to cook....three days to clean......

Chewi, I'm dieting and off burgers for a while so I'll have to be happy living vicariously through you.

But first, my list of demands.

1. Lose the lettuce and keep the rabbit food to a minimum.

2. Grill those onions up proper next time.

3. If you're going with fresh 'peno's, make it at least a minimum of 3 per burger and grill those too.

4. More cheese. Oozy goozy melty scheezy scheeze.

5. Speaking of scheeze, how about a big bowl of queso for dipping the burger and fries.

Other than that, looks good man! :rofl:

: runs out of thread to avoid a beating :

Daaeeeuuumm Chewi, that pepper looks like candy. Don't let any youngn's see that.

I am craving a burger, now. Bad.

Back