• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

Hey Chewi....for me, that is the perfect ratio of veggies to meat!!!!! It'd take me 2 hours to eat it...

...but it'd be pure bliss!!!!!! :)

I always get carried away with toppings and such and mess the whole shabang up!
I'll use yours as a model next time! :D

Well, time to get back to eating good food, was trying to stay away from carbs and fat at dinner, but screw that, i was meant to eat food like this. So tonight made some jalapeno burgers. Were delicious and plenty of pics to follow

Fried up some bacon and onions

SDC11230.jpg

Jalapeno burgers

SDC11231.jpg

Looking good

SDC11232.jpg

Smothered and covered

SDC11235.jpg

Grilled gouda rolls

SDC11236.jpg

Start stacking, onion, bacon and chilli relish

SDC11240.jpg

Time to eat

SDC11242.jpg

YUM

SDC11243.jpg

Way to go Booma.

Excellent ooze factor on that burger.

First gouda I've seen used on a burger in this thread. And why not? Its just plain pungent stinky oozy goozy!

What's in the chile relish?

Nice job on not over handling and compressing the meat.

Daaayyyuuumm. That burger cut open looks better than I expected, it looks... perfect!

Ok, after much delay, I give you my take on TB's beloved's In-N-Out Double Double Burger Animal Style. I didn't take nearly enough pics, but after 8hrs of laying block in 95F+ I wasn't much in the mood for all that, but I WAS HUNGRY!

Ingredients:
Toasted Hamburger Roll (I used Martin's potato)
80/20 ground beef patties (2)
My burger seasoning
pickle slices
tomato slices
habanero slices (not on the original)
carmelized onions
RedtailForester's Habanero Mustard
Slices American Cheese (2)
Special Sauce (mayo, ketchup, hot sauce, relish)

To assemble this you make the carmelized onions and put aside. Cook two seasoned patties in cast iron over med high heat. While side A is down, spread the mustard on side B. Flip. add slices of cheese to melt. Meanwhile, spread the special sauce to both buns, add pickles, tomato slices, and habanero slices. To one of the patties, add the carmelized onions on top of the cheese. Stack them on top of each other and place the toasted bun. Squeeze together to encourage oozing and dig in!

100_0522.jpg

100_0523.jpg

100_0524.jpg

TB will have to let you know how close I came to the real thing as I have never actually had one.

WOW!

The In-N-Out Animal Style is a single or double cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, pickles, mustard, and spread on a toasted bun.
The "spread" is their proprietary 1000 island style. Also with the Animal Style they griddle small diced onions, squirt mustard on the onions and then cook the patty over that.

I always opt for the single cheese, animal style, no lettuce.

Now to your burger.

You're definitely in the ball park style wise which is impressive for not ever having experienced an INO AS cheeseburger.

That thang' has got some serious ooze factor going on.

Wish you had taken a money shot.

No matter.

I am Tebow-ing you and your burger right now!

Damm fine burger Jay.
I wish I could eat that sucker "animal style", no shirt, no snapkin, just a wet towel when I'm done.

Way to go Booma.

Excellent ooze factor on that burger.

First gouda I've seen used on a burger in this thread. And why not? Its just plain pungent stinky oozy goozy!

What's in the chile relish?

Nice job on not over handling and compressing the meat.

Chile relsih was a local chili farm relish, says it has Tomato, Chilli, Oinion, Mustard and Curry powder, sugar, salt and vinger. Nothing flash, but tastes great.

Nice looking burger JayT

Lunch for today. Sadly my pantry had forgotten to remind me I was out of onion. Doersn't matter, because I've got lots of beer! Fail turns into WIN!!!

Soaked in nut brown butter n toasted to crunchyness
P7261019.jpg

When the butcher extrudes meat through a commercial grinder it comes out in longitudinal strands that are then cut off into portions as it's extruded. Cut it across the grain and cook as is. No moulding or shaping. I cut mine in half to give me two patties. These were cooked in butter and flipped every 2 minutes.

P7261021.jpg

Layers: Bun, A1 Steak Sauce, grilled double smoked ham, pattie, easy cheese, grilled ham, pattie, easy cheese, grilled ham, dill pickle, vine ripened 'maters and sriracha and mustard on the lid.

P7261024.jpg

Hands down best boiger I've ever had. Wish it had onions :( But I have shit-tons of beer to wash it down with. WIN!!!

P7261025.jpg

DTS.

Oh.

Mah.

Gawd!

I would stab myself to get at that burger!

Holy mother of all 'thangs meat that is the most awesome best burger I reckon to have ever been posted on this thread.

No sheeit!

That is the chingon of CHINGON!

dude that burger is very very awesome! ill sadly have to agree with t.b. that is one of the nicest burgs i remember seeing on here.

Hey y'all. Earlier this last week I ruined my diet on all kinda' 'thangs good that come out of Tejas.

But.

I've had In-N-Out on the brain for almost a week and once you get the INO urge, you just gotta' have it!!

http://en.wikipedia....In-N-Out_Burger

IMG_0021.jpg

This is the joint off of Preston and Gaylord in Frisco, TX. They keep the store just like every INO I've been to, eat off the floor clean!!!

IMG_0016.jpg

I have my usual. A single cheeseburger. Animal style. No lettuce. Add the INO proprietary chile's.

IMG_0019.jpg

And this. Well done Animal Style fries. That's fries with melted scheeze. Diced grilled onions. And INO Spread. The "spread" is their version of 1000 Island but somehow...better!

IMG_0018.jpg

In this pic on the left just below the tomato you can see a little bit of the yellow chile. Pretty mild but zippy and tasty. I have no idea what type of chile they are. In the pic, the ooze factor appears missing but after another bite or two after this pic, I had splooge going everywhere. This was like a 10 napkin 'thang.

IMG_0020.jpg

mrs. blues had her usual single cheeseburger with spread and pickles only. And regular INO fries, no weirdness.

The meat is always fresh, same for the veggie's. Want it cooked medium rare? Yep. They'll do that too! I FAIL every time at that as I always forget to ask to cook it that way.

For years I have waved my Whataburger Freak Flag. HIGH!!!

The truth is y'all.

In-N-Out Burger has the best fast food style burgers I've ever eaten.

Some folks don't dig it and thats cool and the gang.

For those that do like it, you don't just want it.

YOU GOTTA HAVE IT!!!

Back