food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

tots on a burger...

This really belongs in the DC, but alas, no booze in the pics. That's how "consumed" I was.
Burnt the Buns, Cut the S**T out of my thumb for the first time on my Mandolin, yea, ouch.

Texas Blues style, Onions and fresh Fresnos from the garden.
Beef just ripped from the package and dropped on the veggies.
Topped with PepperJack cheese and Ranch dressing.
The salad was CJs concoction. I think there were beats and, um... salad. It was friggen awesome.
The burnt buns weren't that bad. But then again this should be in the DC

file-30.jpg

file-31.jpg

file-32.jpg

Here was our Blue Moon.
file-29.jpg

Looks good 'cept the burnt bun!!!!! A little Lysol is in order :lol:

Pops always said there was no such 'thang as burnt toast.

"Just scrape it off until you get to the color you like."

I would mouth fist that burger.

HARD.

Ranch.

We put that sheeit on everythang.

Looks like green and purple hippy blown chunks next to the burger on the plate.

Why does one burger... look like... you uh... poked something... in it? :lol:

TB that beet salad with bleu looks the bomb. What you got against it?

I have no idea why that burger has it's own mouth.
They were so good tho, they practically ate themselves. Wah wah.

The salad TB? It was awesome! Quarterd whole pickled beets, chuncks of Blue cheese (good eye boss), Spring Greens.
The Vinegrette, was made by CJ with Honey, Dijon Mustard, Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, a tiny bit of Garlic Powder, and Cracked BP.

Why does one burger... look like... you uh... poked something... in it? :lol:

TB that beet salad with blue looks the bomb. What you got against it?

Salad is fine and I myself eat loads of it.

But not on burger night.

That's like inviting Jay, you, SoFlo, wheebz and AJ over to The Blues Casa and serving y'all koolaid instead of beer and liquor.

Oh and Scovie and CJ too!

You underestimate the power of bleu cheese. And you being a cheese guy. Tsk tsk.

I was just informed that the only thing pickled last night was me. The beets were not.

TB, Koolaid goes great with Vodka or Everclear. :)

Okay, so here's the confession....

Outside of at a fair or roadside stand, I've never really had a burger done TB-style!
Grilled up on top of the onions like that. And I was uber curious!!!!!
And it was rockin' awesome!!!!!

I normally put veggies on my burger, but I thought if I did that with that gorgeous grilled meat I might get struck by lightening!!!!!
Earlier that day, at the store, I saw some beautiful beets, and got to craving that beet salad, and since it was too late to make fries....

Well, that's how the salad ended up on the plate! Plus, it made me feel all healthy-n-sheet. teehee

You underestimate the power of bleu cheese. And you being a cheese guy. Tsk tsk.

I am fully aware of the super powers of bleu scheeze.

Grok to this.

Burgers and meat products in general, unless eaten infrequently and in small amounts, are considered these days to be part of a not so healthy diet and life style.

Now understand me.

I don't want anything healthy coming between me and my burger on the night I want to do some sinning.

I'm trying like hell to stick to my diet game plan but nooooooooooo!

First mrs. blues says she wants pulled pork this weekend.

Fine. I have a shoulder rocking in the smoker right now.

Then this morning she says she wants to go down to Plano and have a burger at Twisted Root.

The woman works 14 hours on a normal day and makes more money than me.

Obviously the only answer she wants to hear from my ass is "yes honey."

So this Texas chain is consistently rated as being in the Top 5 burgers in Texas and also in many top 25 lists across the country.

http://twistedrootbu....com/wordpress/

I ain't here to review it, more like a show and tell.

IMG_0037.jpg

I got The Lost Mexican with bleu cheese and jalapeno's.

A little skimpy on the bleu cheese, and not even bleu cheese but bleu cheese dressing.

At least they didn't wimp out on the 'peno's.

IMG_0030.jpg

mmmmmm this IS a tasty burger!

IMG_0031.jpg

The deep fried pickles were exceptionally good. Very crispy crust and served up with an awesome bacon ranch dressing.

IMG_0033.jpg

To be honest, I was very skeptical of this joint as it gets so much hype. (see Food Channel, Triple D, etc.)

I tell you what. Its a damn good burger. It was perfectly seasoned, cooked a tad under medium well, which is what their de facto temp, but you can order your own temp. The bun wasn't outstanding but did its job of containing the meat and holding up to the ooze factor, and this burger WAS juicy!

mrs. blues had a bacon cheddar burger and we split the order of pickles.

Final bill with 2 fountain drinks was $24 and change. A bit more pricey than I like.

Was it worth it?

Yes. Any joint that gets mrs. blues approval gets 2 very big thumbs up. She only likes 3 burger joints. In-N-Out burger. StripBurger in Las Vegas. And this joint. We used to go to Kenny's Burger Joint just up the road on Legacy but this burger beats Kenny's. And TR's pickles are waaay better than Kenny's.

That does look good. Is that a 1/2 pound or larger burger?

That does look good. Is that a 1/2 pound or larger burger?

A very solid 1/2 pound.

I don't know where they source their beef from, but I have to say its one of the meat was loaded with fresh beefy flavor.

Another thing is that I have found that many joints will have a top quality beef but then lack any seasoning which just makes for a meh burger no matter what.

Not this joint. Plenty of salt to compliment and really bring out the flavor of the meat.

Crap!

I just realized.

Some Lord board wearing hippy took those pics from my bat phone.

NOT ME.

: runs out of forum and slams the door :

At least you're not wearing socks too.

Fine Fine Fine looking burger joint. $24 a'int bad either for a burger like that.
Here in the tourist trap for the tourons a "Blue Burger" 1/2 that size and NOT PINK will run $14 EACH!
No fries, no chips, nothin... that's extry. So you can sleep good tonight know you got your $ worth IMO. Ambien helps too.
Thanks for sharing TB!!!

And kudos to Mrs.B for knowing what she likes!
None of this... "well whatever you want honey"..."no no no whatever YOU want" etc. etc.
CJ doesn't do that but I know plenty of wives and husbands who act like wives that do that crap.
Thanks for sharing TB!!!

Ground chuck - check
Brioche rolls - check
Provolone aged 12 mos. - check
Onions for sauteeing - check

Pics? Prob. not :lol:

Back