food Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Went to Shake Shack in the Theatre District in NYC last Friday for lunch.
We were walking down 8th Ave headed back to the hotel and were looking for quick bite when BAM The Shack appeareth before my eyes.
I found it odd that all the reviews said there was always a hellacious line.
Not this time...
1 PM on Friday and only 3 peeps in line??? All of the tables were full and about 10 waiting on their food.
I had the original Shack Burger dressed up OG,an order of fries and a ShakeMeister brew. The burger was cooked a perfect medium. The Shack sauce wasn't very memorable but not bad. The bun was freakin awesome! Not sure what they use but reminded me of a potato roll.
The fries.... ehh. I don't care much for krinkle cut fries, but these weren't all that bad. I think there was a little onion powder in the salt.
The ShakeMeister brewski was pretty damned tasty... Even out of the plastic cup I'd hit several of them.
By the time we were walking out, the line had stretched through the ropes, out the door and about 30 deep. Guess we were lucky and missed the crowd.
All in all the burger was pretty damn tasty and would mos def eat there again. But in my opinion not worth waiting 30 or 40 minutes for and having to fight to get a seat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 81
That is pure Chingon gold!

Shake Shack is the west coast version of Cali's In-N-Out.

Supposedly.

I've never had it but I do know that INO rocks harder than chinese 'rithmetic.

Shake Shack uses only Martin's Famous Potato Rolls and Pat LaFrieda Beef with an exclusive blend.

Supposedly.

I've only heard.

You'd think we could get Dan/THP to give us a review but....

noooooooooooooooo......!!!

SS is 'posed to be going to ChiTown next.

Not too far away from their fresh meat source I reckon.

Same as INO.

texas blues said:
You'd think we could get Dan/THP to give us a review but....

noooooooooooooooo......!!!
Yup.. I've been waiting on it for a while.. but no.. I had to do this on my own :)
I REALLY dig the INO burgers but haven't been to the West Coast for a couple years.
There are some in DFW as you know and hoping they start heading south to San Antonio soon.

HopsNBarley said:
Yup.. I've been waiting on it for a while.. but no.. I had to do this on my own :)
I REALLY dig the INO burgers but haven't been to the West Coast for a couple years.
There are some in DFW as you know and hoping they start heading south to San Antonio soon.
 There's a new INO going up in Round Rock just south of Georgetown on I-35 this summer.

I'll givem' a couple months to calm down and then go see my mother and take mrs. blues there.

INO rocks.

Austin. TX rocks.

Five Guys is holding it down for me these days, but I had INO once while in LA and it was pretty awesome ...

I could use a Krystal, or a White Castle, or hell, I'd take a Church's and roll w/ some bird too ...

grantmichaels said:
Five Guys is holding it down for me these days, but I had INO once while in LA and it was pretty awesome ...

I could use a Krystal, or a White Castle, or hell, I'd take a Church's and roll w/ some bird too ...
5 guys sounds so good!!!!    its just not in my diet these days :mope:   maybe ill shed another 5 and then splurge at some 5g 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Jake's burgers can make a burger...today's lunch.

260513_4699160521358_2134279962_n.jpg

Get that stinkin' lettuce outta' there! It looks like there's an equal amount of rabbit food vs. meat.

I think the bun looks soft and squishy which is a good 'thang to soak up greeze factor.

Nice.

JayT said:
TB, you ever been to this place, saw it on tv and it looked awesome.  http://www.chophouseburgers.com/
Nope. Never heard of 'em. 

Their menu looks okay. Pretty standard foo fooey burger stuff and the like. 

They do both char grilled and flat grilled.

Funny but I haven't been to a burger joint other than INO for quite a while. 

Then again, INO is pretty dadgum guud!

That animal style sheeit will change your life.

I like watercress. I hate romaine (excpet caesar salad).

Slaw is always good too. Or pickled cabbage.

Back