• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

I made it but I only took a couple pics. I forgot the cross section pic ill post em. I mixed kneppers 7th circle in with the crab meat and a little shredded cheddar formed a big o party around the crab meat. Then toasted the bun a little mayo more 7th circle and topped it with 2 slices of provolone.

tosted with mayo and Kneppers 7th circle.
564017_422077167817732_100000463579437_91267568_1211639446_n.jpg

545644_422077831150999_100000463579437_91267569_520642968_n.jpg
sorry no cross section pic.
my bad I know no pic it didnt happen but there is crab in there alot of it. :halo:

What crab did you use if not lump? I reckon it musta' been some blue swimmer no? I like to be liking jumbo lump just because you often get a bit more claw meat.

What crab did you use if not lump? I reckon it musta' been some blue swimmer no? I like to be liking jumbo lump just because you often get a bit more claw meat.
I can't remember the name but it was in a tuna can and was about the same texture as tuna it said premium crab meat but definitely wasn't lump style.

Dang WD. I been thinkin' about crab burgers/cakes and crab salad since you posted that burger. Might have to make some but with maybe a jacked up chile hollandaise.

mrs. blues had to have her slider fix and I was only too happy to oblige her. Now while the weather has warmed and grilling would seem appropos, the only proper way to make a good slider is either in cast iron or on a flattop. CI it is.

A note on buns. As you can see I use Pepperidge Farm Slider Buns which are pretty dang good. The gold standard however are Martin's Potato Rolls which are made in Chambersburg, PA. Too bad that we don't get them here. Good enough they are that joints like White Manna in Hackensack, NJ and Shake Shack in NYC, use them. I've never eaten at either joint, but burger freaks that have will tell you both should be mandatory on your bucket list. Hopefully someone will post about either of them here.

Notice in the piccy the Best Made dill's. Ate these when I was a kid and made right down the road in Fort Worth. What's that on the lid? It looks like WIN to me.

IMG_3545.jpg

80/20 ground chuck in Black Betty with thin sliced onions and salt and pepper. Get it hot!

IMG_3547.jpg

Smash 'em and flip 'em with the onions and add some Tillamook cheddar. Why Tilly? Because its that good!

IMG_3548.jpg

Toast the bun. Splooge on a little mustard. I ain't a fan of mayo on burgers, same for ketchup. Call me prejudice but BK's Whopper has both as condiments and look how that joint is taking a nose dive to hell. Plah!

For the record mrs. blues is a mayo and ketchup gal. Why must I suffer so?

IMG_3550.jpg

I'll take this over a fast food burger any day and so would you.

IMG_3551.jpg

Epiphany! Just thought of this as I was trashing fast food burgers. Might have to make me a clone of Le Big Mac. The bun is the tricky part. Could be fun.

Post them burgers y'all!!

Hot damn those look good.

I appreciate the novelty of the pickles, and the "best of what's around" availability of the buns...

But...The only thing I like about the Cowboys is what Leon Lett did on Thanksgiving against the Dolphins many moons ago.

Back