• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Bye Michigan ....Hello Austin Texas

This is NJA reporting with a heavy heart.....:( that just now my son got his residence plan approved in Austin Texas.

If all goes as planned, I might be shifting to Texas in June. (cry)

I will be missing the cool weather,snow, good friends and everything including my being unemployed in Michigan.

All the Texans will be happy to welcome NJA ( I hope).

I am very sad but Happy because I will have a better place to grow peppers.

NJA

Contact AJ, he has been looking for some help transplanting! :lol:

Good luck with whatever life throws at you WM.

Best of luck. I think you might fall in love with Austin. I know I did when I lived down there and to date, it is one of my favorite cities.

I know i'm new here, but this makes me sad. To many Michiganders are leaving the state. It just stinks, thats all.

Good luck in Austin, though!

Good luck in Austin. You can grow peppers anywhere and now your season will be much longer. Now if you miss the snow and cold there are plenty of us in cold country you could visit.

NJA ..... a pre-welcome to Texas .

I know leaving old friends and a place you've grown love can be ruff. Now I've never lived in Detroit so my thoughts are second hand , just things I've seen in the news . It seems Detroit has seen much better days and hopefully will do better in the future. But as of now I'd venture to say you and your family will fall in love with Austin and that area.

I'm not saying that because I'm a native son of Texas. Austin is a very diverse city. It's on the grow at a fast pace. Which is good and bad I'm sure. Texans as a whole are friendly and you'll make many new friends.

Now about snow in Austin ..... Don't Drive !! Those folks in the hill country, as nice as they are ...... can't drive in snow or ice !!

One thing you'll learn after you get to Texas , it's a BIG place. AJ will be hundreds of miles from you . You'd be welcome at my home anytime , but it's 500 miles from Austin.

Peace , good luck in your near future and if you do make Texas your new home .... enjoy
P. Dreadie

I think Chuk Hell comes from Austin?? You could go check out one of his band's shows!! :)

Good luck with it all mate

pre welcome to you NJA...I am about 4-5 hours north of Austin...

as has been said, Austin is a very diverse city but you will be close to the hill country with great roads to see the country side...watch out for the deer at night on the country roads...

you can finally check out the 4 horseman burger...but from what one of our members said, DON'T try it...

Back