• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest C.I.T.D. - BEGIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LunchBox's Pork Enchiladas Verde

Pork: 2 pounds of pork sirloin, thick sliced, seared on high heat with sea salt and fresh black pepper, then seasoned with black chili powder, red chili powder, white pepper, black pepper, roasted cumin, roasted coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, hungarian paprika, and dried/flaked chile de arbol. Add some water, then half an onion. Let simmer down on medium-low heat for 3-4 hours. Squeeze lime on it every 30 minutes or so. When done, pull it...which really means squeeze it a little with tongs, and watch it fall apart.

Tomatillo/Hatch verde sauce: oil in pan, whole garlic crushed with flat side of knife. When the garlic starts browning, add 8-10 tomatillos, and half an onion. After 10 minutes, add a mess of roasted and peeled Hatch Green chiles (hot), and one carrot. After 30 minutes, add roasted peeled poblano, a little sangria, lime, and a pinch more salt, and a pinc of sugar. Let simmer for another 30 minutes.

Rice: 2 cups yellow rice, 4 cups water, some onion, red and green bell pepper, and a roasted/peeled poblano. Season water with butter, chicken stock powder, thyme, sage, red chili powder, garlic, roasted cumin, roasted coriander, and black pepper. half way through cooking, add the juice of a lime.

Refried beans: Render bacon fat in pan, add butter, a little olive oil, and toss in 2 cans of refried beans. Add a little garlic powder, onion powder, black chili powder, hungarian paprika, salt and pepper. Finish off with a little smokey fajita marinade, or a few drops of liquid smoke.

Roll up the pulled carnitas in corn tortillas, slather verde sauce on, then add colby jack cheese. Garnish with caribbean red habanero, cilantro, and green onion.

Add pico de gallo...dice a large tomato, 2 slices of onion, 2 jalapenoss, 1 serrano, cilantro, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lime juice. *spoon out pico-juice, and douche the rice with it...it'll change your life.

feb2012tdplating1-1.jpg

feb2012plating2-1.jpg

Man o man....everything on this thread looks bone suckin good. I seasones my CI for three weeks antisipating this TD but have no time to make anything worth entering. :-/ To much shit going on.

I did have flank steak marinating for two days in a lime marinade with fresh hot peps......I figured Id heat up the CI full throttle and give it a whirl......I ended up pepper spraying the whole house! Lmfao everyone was coughing uncontrollably a few minutes after the steak hit the pan. Damn was it amazing though.

Wow - had some real catching up to do this morning! LB - That's some FINE TexMex you got going there. I'm wondering what time you guys finally ate!

IMG_2794.jpg

Time to ge tthe "Dough on the Roll".....throw in all the dough "stuff" except the starter. Knead for 5 min.....autolyze for 15 min...

IMG_2808.jpg

Ah,......the sun's bleeding through the skylites........ok, add the starter and kead for 10 min. Place dough in a oiled container in a fridge overnight for a slow rise...

IMG_2834.jpg

Meanwhile, cut the jalapenos in rings, add those with the spiced pickles to the flour mix, in batches run the veg through the buttermilk wash and into the seasoned cornmeal.
Place bowl in the fridge overnight, this allows the coating to adhire to the veg. This procedure works well with shrimp, oysters, clams,....etc.

Well off to the grow rooms, I have a couple of plants to water.

Greg

IMG_2966.jpg

Take the dough out of the fridge. Separate a 5oz piece roll into a ball, flatten into a disk and let rise for 2 hrs. Add disk to pan, flatten again and let rise 1 hr.
Bake at 360deg for 30'ish min or until golden brown and hollow sounding in the center when tapped.

IMG_2973.jpg

Finished roll after baking, set aside on wire rack until needed.

IMG_2958.jpg

Meanwhile, make the spread. Add two egg yokes, juice half a lemon, 2 chipotle peppers, 1 tbl on brown mustard, pinch of salt and pepper. Run immersion blender and slowly drizzle in 3/4 c of grapeseed oil, whirl until stiff .......... :drunk: .............(Tequila, Absolute Bloody Mary's ....right now!).......ha......place chipotle mayo in the fridge until needed.

Wow - had some real catching up to do this morning! LB - That's some FINE TexMex you got going there. I'm wondering what time you guys finally ate!

Thanks. I started just before noon, and we ate at 7. I wanted to stay up and chat...but something made me reeeeaaaalllllllyyyyy sleeeeeeeeeeeepy around 1am. :drunk:

OMG. Im glad I stopped cooking when i did. Should have stopped the drinking too, but wheres the fun in that?
Lokking good Greg, glad you could make it to the show!
And Dammmmmmmm LB! Its like you want to win or something.
Did I dream about a baby eating onions? Or was i THAT drunk? Hahahahahahahha
I guess its time to reheat the hearse..... More kitchen time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back