• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest C.I.T.D. - BEGIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sittin this one out.
It's the wife's birthday.
I had to choose, and my chances of getting any from the CI tonight aren't as good (she's a real bitch).

Wow, I might have a shot! The elusive sLofLo, PETERD OUT... Go figure!

Sum? Howz your pork comin?

Happy birthday, FryMom1!!!!!!

Teaser:

Here's to my Great Uncle Murry who passed on Monday. I'd tip some out of the Becks for him, but he'd just say that's a waste of his favorite beer. Some football vittles and Becks in your name Uncle Murry.

IMG_4326.jpg

Got the dutch heating up with coals.

.....................Blackened Bison Bacon Burger.....................

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

Here you have it....A "Blackened Bison Bacon Burger"....medium rare topped with Applewood Smoked Bacon, Smoked Rofumo Cheese, slathered with Chioptle Mayo.

Sided with Fresh Cut French Fries, Cornmeal battered "Jalapeno and Hot Pickle Coins" and Pickled Okra,...............with a Sierra Nevada Torpedo.....Extra IPA...

Indregredients

Wickles Pickles, Ap Flour, Pickled Okra, Chipotle Peppers, Rofumo Cheese, Applewood Bacon, Idaho Potatoes, "Italian Starter" " Ground Bison" Buttermilk, Meyer Lemon, Grapeseed Oil, Eggs
Cornmeal, Blackened Seasonimg, Butter, Jalapenos, Yeast, Smoked Sea Salt

Dough

19 oz AP Flour
1 1/2 Ts Salt
1 1/2 Tbl Honey
2 Ts Yeast
1 Lg Egg Lightened Beaten
1/4 Cup Butter at room temp
3/4 Cup Buttermilk
3/4 Cup "Italian Starter"

Garnish

1 Egg, beaten
1/2 Cup Buttermilk
1 Ts Baking Soda
(whisk together and bruch on bun(s) prior to baking

Bake "risen" rolls " in a 350 deg oven until golden....enough to make 8- 5 oz buns

**for more info please check out my captions under the "teaser" photos

Thanks for checking this out!

Greg

Somebody asked for my "POL" pic..............Its on my 1st photo with my ingredients.......2 hrs 15 min. to "Kickoff"..................... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back