• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Calcium deficient here as well

Can you post a pic of that kellog bag? After talking to a friend, I found out there are all sorts of undisclosed nutrient sources in those mixes. Some even have human bio solids. As far as I can tell, the reviews are mixed due to inconsistencies.

Can you post a pic of that kellog bag? After talking to a friend, I found out there are all sorts of undisclosed nutrient sources in those mixes. Some even have human bio solids. As far as I can tell, the reviews are mixed due to inconsistencies.

This is the bag from the Lowe's website:

025962006815xl.jpg

I used to work for a nursery and Kellogg was always a respected name.

Kellogg does use human waste/sewage sludge/"biosolids" from the city of Los Angeles in a lot of its products, which it sneakily just labels as "compost."

If that's true. All the sites I found it on were leaning hard to the left. :rolleyes:
I have been looking at reviews for this soil on various grow forums and many have gave it good reviews, although most added amendments to it such as extra pearlite, etc.

You said that a foliar spray would unlock the plants, is that just water and epsom salt? I'm having similar looking plants.

What is the other forum I'm seeing mentioned "GC"?

Thanks

I wasn't implying that was what you were saying, I was referring to another post that said it could be lock out.

Also not specifically talking about your particular situation but general calcium problems. I would agree with the aphid diagnosis.
Do you know the pH of your water source?

Also not specifically talking about your particular situation but general calcium problems. I would agree with the aphid diagnosis.
Do you know the pH of your water source?

I checked the water with my pH tester with the drops and the color chart and it's over 8.5 pH here, probably closer to 9.0 pH.
We do have high quality water here though as my ppm meter shows about 19 ppm from the tap. Not bad for city water.

What is the other forum I'm seeing mentioned "GC"?

That is the GrassCity forum. They don't grow peppers. ;)

Rich, that is out of the tap. I have not checked the runoff water. Probably a good idea huh?
At least I can check the pH that way as my cheapo $15 RapidTest pH meter is probably not even close to accurate. :think:
They raise the pH here in the water to help control problems in the water lines I believe. It is very clean water that comes from Hetch-Hetchy Reservoir in Yosemite.
One of the best tap drinking waters in the country I used to hear but I don't know if they still say that. Like I posted before I get a reading of about 20 ppm straight out of the tap which is fantastic as far as clear water goes. It just needs some acidity added to it. ;)

Ok, seems you registered two different times under the same IP with different user names. It will kick you into "awaiting confirmation" if you do that. You last username was CarvinGuitarist, right? What did you do? Forget your password and stuff?

No Rich I waited a couple of days and received no confirmation email so I went and re-registered under a different name.
I believe that was the user name I had yes.

Have you considered botanicare cal-mag plus for foliar spray?

There are a lot of people that swear by foliar feeding... I however do not.

You are as likely to help your plant I think, as you are to cause it problems... Foliar feeding peppers is best reserved for a sickly plant with root problems... Otherwise your best bet is to let the plant eat through the roots - the way God intended :). :welcome:

HOLY CRAP! I just got blown away! I have been on a quest to find cheap ways to boost my Cal, in the process i have probably increased lime and also the PH thus locking up. Kellogg has Human Stuff in it. WOW

If It is Aphids? what is a cost effective way to get rid of them? Neem? All the neem i find is expensive? Guru hat do you use to get rid of the bugs?

I'm bookmarking this Thread :dance:

Back