• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Calcium deficient here as well

If it prevents or stops pest then why do people who use it still have pests. Sure it can really help but you make it sound like thats all you need, a miracle cure, which is insulting to everyone who has gone through these problems.

Perhaps its just my local that is not a great place for foliar feeding.

80% relative humidity, and 34 inches of rain so far this MONTH. With Debbie still lingering on top of us, thats likely to go up. My plants haven't been dry in 27 days...

No way I'm going to add to that. I might consider it if things were dry, but this is florida ;)

I do not use worm castings as I am not an organic gardener. So trust me I do not think it is a "miracle cure". I was saying it is used not only to kill pests but to prevent.

"Calcium deficient here as well". In container culture, If you fertilize with a synthetic fertilizer like Maxibloom-5% Ca,3.5% Mg, ect... then your plants will never go Calcium deficient. So you could just use one simple fertilizer like Maxibloom then you will not have anything to think about.

@POTAWIE

Yes sir you are right. It is not a cure all, and neither are most commercial pesticides, however most commercial pesticides will damage the food web in the soil and on the leaves.

I have heard from someone that it works for slugs, but I have not had that luck. I put a few plants in my front yard and the next day they were shredded to bits. Maybe I didnt have an established Biofilm yet on those guys or maybe we just have a horde of snails out there. My wife tells my kids there is a snail party out front to get my kids out the door in the morning. Its a bit ridiculous.

I don't like it when people are sold on things because a group of people say it is good. I don't want to be that group. This is why we have constructive criticism on forums. I appreciate your input because it helps clarify the facts. So these little scuffles that we THP'ers get into from time to time are a good thing. I think the All Purpose MiracleGrow thread was a prime example. Now im buddies with Carvin and Cap who I strongly disagreed with :P

I am excited to see people even talking about organics in such detail. I think there is a lot of information that we are discovering about how symbiotic relationship are almost essential for plants. There would be no innovation without skeptics or constructive criticism.

So yeah, Teas are not a cure all but they are a viable, cost effective, Bio-friendly option for sure.

Funny part is you have a couple of guys who are speaking from their experience, I value those opinions. All the posted articles, references to other growers, and YouTube videos I could do without.

Funny part is you have a couple of guys who are speaking from their experience, I value those opinions. All the posted articles, references to other growers, and YouTube videos I could do without.

It seems like it is the only way to make a point. If something is practiced by many and it works, is that now to say it does not work?

It is science that worm castings can prevent pest attacks, no matter if I used worm castings ever.You dont really have to see it to believe it if you understand science.

Not when you answer it. :lol:

We aren't buddies until you buy me an Arrogant Bastard Ale. :P :lol:

Come to SD and we'll go hit up the Stone Brewery!
stonebrew_interior_t600.jpg

If you were "under a hurricane" I doubt spraying a tea would be a priority.

Lived in Florida for 35 years, been "under a few hurricanes"

Well...in addition to making sure a 2x4 doesn't impale my family or the ocean swallowing my house in a surge...lol! :lol: point is aact is exactly what you would want to do in wet weather...

Hurricane parties...how I miss those. I was still in Palm Bay for Andrew....horrible storm

Back