• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Can you eat a Habanero straight??

Regarding the sandwiches, I love making habanero mayo from scratch too. Nice with a spot of curry in it as well. :)

Although, more often than not I'll just make a sort of relish/spread out of mayo, with minced up sweet pickle, onions and habs. Yummmmmers!

QuadShotz said:
Regarding the sandwiches, I love making habanero mayo from scratch too. Nice with a spot of curry in it as well. :)

Although, more often than not I'll just make a sort of relish/spread out of mayo, with minced up sweet pickle, onions and habs. Yummmmmers!

That sounds outstanding! I'm gonna give that a go tomorrow.

I ate a Fatalli since I grew it I had to try it and yes everyone here was right that they are hotter than a Caribbean Red. Last week I took a bite of a Naga Morrich and that is one hot a$$ pepper as my friend calls it the "Pinnacle of Pain". I don't think I will be just sitting around munching on those. I have noticed that my tolerance has increased and I keep needing to add hotter peppers to my food. Ask me the same question next year.

You know Fataliis are sneaky little b@$tards. I made a quesadilla last night and put a fair amount of the fatalii sauce I made on it. My mouth barely burned at all, but the sweat just rolled down my face/head/neck etc. It didn't seem like it was that hot, but halfway through the quesadilla I had to stop and regroup.

Nope, ain't gonna do it...I will retain my wuss status...I do, however, love cooking with them and making stuffed grilled peppers...I did eat a Trinidad Scorpion saturday when I made stuffed peppers and it took my breath away...I also stuffed a 7 Pot and am still tryig to finish it now...I can take tiny bites at a time...thats it...when I am in my garden, I usually pass by the tepins and grab one and eat it while I am outside..

I have had orange, red, chocolate, and white whole one way or another at some time but to tell you the truth you live and you learn. I eat all my super hot chopped finely the placed in the cheapest store bought salsa you can find, presto! Eating whole and straight is not very high on my list. Of all of them the white habanero is the most doable because of it size. They are so tempting beacause of the extreme fruity flavor that you know you'll find before the heat kicks in. I love habaneros!!!

I've recently worked my way up to being able to eat a habanero. It's really not that bad, but you shouldn't go for it all at once. Start slowly with a pepper that you can (just barely) tolerate. Then move slowly upward, and before long, you'll also be able to eat a habanero without too much trouble. I have not tried a "super hot" yet, though.

Nice pictures, and those look like some beautiful peppers! That place looks like they have some great quality stuff and they did a great job packing those things, too.

patrick said:
Dude, I sure hope your commode is flame retardant! You using asbestos toilet paper too?

Thanks for your concern but it really never seems to bother me.
In fact, right now I have a nice fresh Bhut Jolokia sitting next to me I'm going to have with my lunch.:hell:

I sampled a small piece of a dried bhut yesterday...and it will be a couple days before I'll be ready to try a whole hab. Guaranteed!

Damn shakes wish I had your make up then I myself could cover the pain of the bhut!You the man!

I guess you build up a tolerance to it.

I can now munch whole Jalapenos, dipped in Kaitaia Fire hotsauce (a tiny bit hotter than Tabasco)

But I am conditioning my palette to eating hotter stuff.

Neil and Co who's videos are awesome - thats not something I aspire to. If I want to feel pain like that - I'll slam my nuts in a car door.

Nah mate, nutters dont need mechanical devices, just chillies. ;)

Wellll, unless ya know a petite angnostic redhead who likes it hot....that';s different... ;-)

Oh, and i got over a pound fo the Funky Habs frozen fro me mates when they visit in couple weeks..shall be fun i wager. ;-)

Damn ebil chiles. I passed off some Bih Whiskey tonight to a chilehead bro...may god help the fools who he inflicts it on.

Hehehehe. Truly..that sheet is unholy hot after two months. Juzt not normal...it may not be extract, but it's damn close. 1/8 of a tsp in an 8oz glass of water, and it's too hot to drink.

I literally put like just a few drops in the morning coffee, and it burnssssss like hell decided to visit me early.

I've done orange hab straight, havent done a savina yet, and ive never tasted anything with jalokia (waiting on my plants to produce) but when they grow, you can bet im going to eat them straight, no matter what the pain i gotta do it at least once

I've done it a couple of times and each time it burns the hell out of me. maybe that's why when you see people eating really hot shit on youtube they sound like they are possessed by demons - it's the devil escaping from within...

I love habaneros, the taste is awesome and the burn is just perfect for me. The orange habs that is. I'm not sure I can do a red savina without getting a little uncomfortable yet... but the time will come.

munchzilla said:
I love habaneros, the taste is awesome and the burn is just perfect for me. The orange habs that is. I'm not sure I can do a red savina without getting a little uncomfortable yet... but the time will come.

Remember, Red Savina is still only around 500-600K SHU.

Thats about half or less of a Naga. And, they burn a LOT longer. :hell:

Back