• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

CaneDog 2022 Glog

Happy 2022 everyone and good luck with the new season. I suppose it's time to get the new glog going with it being the new year and all. I'll start off with some pics I took over the last couple weeks of plants in the indoor grow. Right now I have two tents with T5HO's for the indoor plants and the OW's about as far away as possible in the house under an HLG 100 4K.

Yaki Blue Fawn - I didn't grow this last year, but after seeing the success PaulG and Dragonsfire had with their Yakis recently I'm psyched to have one going again.
20211209 YakiBF.jpg

1 of 2 of Uncle E's Naga Smooky Rainbow x 7 Pot Yellow crosses from seeds he sent me.
SmookyXD.jpg

A couple Uchu Cream x Mutant, 1 filiform and 1 not. Seeds from Catchthebear AKA Matt's Peppers
Together
20211209 Uchus.jpg

and later, separated
2021-12-24 UchuXMutant F.jpg

2021-12-24 UchuXMutant NF.jpg

Mutant Gum (also from Matt)
20211209 MutantGum.jpg

Aji Guyana, which I topped for being a little too exuberant, but it's still wanting to stretch. This is my 3rd generation growing these from seeds Wiri sent me and they've been awesome and produce PDQ in the PNW for a baccatum.
2021-12-24 AjiGuyana.jpg

And Bahamian Goat - an old favorite I skipped last season and am looking forward to growing again.
20211209 BahaGoat.jpg

Last edited:
Marvelous Dr. Dog!
I really enjoy the "content" of wilds, crosses and also somewhat normal peppers that I've never seen before I always feel you and Paul are years ahead in the peppers you grow. But that's also nice, then the rest of us can copy you next season :P
but they're doing the baccatum thing of making me wait and wait.
Oh boy we all know that feeling.. But will be interesting to see if the fragilis appreciate the bigger root system next year, at least it's living up to it's name.

This GLOG was an easier read than PaulG’s… the photography is incredible! Everything you’re growing looks absolutely amazing!
Hahaha. I bet - a quicker read anyway :) PaulG's an absolute beast with his glogs! Seriously though, it's great to see how he documents his processes and tracks the development of the plants over the course of the season. THP has several people who are really good about that and when I look back at mine later for information I often wish I were better about it, too.
Marvelous Dr. Dog!
I really enjoy the "content" of wilds, crosses and also somewhat normal peppers that I've never seen before I always feel you and Paul are years ahead in the peppers you grow. But that's also nice, then the rest of us can copy you next season :P

Oh boy we all know that feeling.. But will be interesting to see if the fragilis appreciate the bigger root system next year, at least it's living up to it's name.
Thanks, MF. I've kind of honed in on the idea this season that certain varieties may benefit more than others from a bigger root system and the fragilis is one of them. I know it's roots have filled out its fabric pot, but it's still very sensitive to environmental changes. And it does totally live up to its name as all I have to do if bump it lightly and whatever I bump breaks off :(

Last edited:
Hahaha. I bet - a quicker read anyway :) PaulG's an absolute beast with his glogs! Seriously though, it's great to see how he documents his processes and tracks the development of the plants over the course of the season. THP has several people who are really good about that and when I look back at mine later for information I often wish I were better about it, too.
I think you provide great stuff, and easy to digest for those who aren't into every detail. I like both versions and will seek out each at different times. I'm in that learner-stage now so I want all the info I can get... but your photos are excellent. they have an artistic quality as if you've taken photography classes. you and CC produce the best photos! (of course I'm just now digging into the glogs - I'm sure there are some other great photographers out there too)

Yep, know the feeling... I also had a nice set of lenses for that camera. Sold it to buy something else. I do feel sorry that I didn't buy a newer body instead. Too late now unfortunately...

I think you provide great stuff, and easy to digest for those who aren't into every detail. I like both versions and will seek out each at different times. I'm in that learner-stage now so I want all the info I can get... but your photos are excellent. they have an artistic quality as if you've taken photography classes. you and CC produce the best photos! (of course I'm just now digging into the glogs - I'm sure there are some other great photographers out there too)
You MUST check out the photography and videography by @Pepper-Guru in the Guru's Garden

I'm too lazy to break out the Nikon D300S :oops:
Just seems like overkill.
The vast majority of mine are done with a phone. I've only broken out the DSLR for a few wilds and my flower group photo.

PS - Sorry CD, forgot I was in your thread for a moment :lol: Good job at the more frequent updates now though, you'll be catching up with Paul in no time :liar

Last edited:
The vast majority of mine are done with a phone. I've only broken out the DSLR for a few wilds and my flower group photo.

PS - Sorry CD, forgot I was in your thread for a moment :lol: Good job at the more frequent updates now though, you'll be catching up with Paul in no time :liar
Hahahah. The off-season season started with seeds down just 2 days ago. That's usually my redeeming grow. :)

Here's a few pic's of the deck peppers. Mostly now I'm just waiting for pods to ripen on the plants that set late - which is quite a few this season. The plants are setting like crazy now, but only a select few will have their season extended in the garage in the hopes the latest sets ripen.

I'll lead with the bad news. The first Amarillo Ollantaytambo to ripen produced yellow/orange. Not too surprised, but I was hoping.
2022-09-23 OTambo2.jpg

The other Ollantaytambo set pods later and they're all still immature, so there's still a chance for some difference in the pod color.
2022-09-23 OTambo.jpg

One of the Orange Thai SSE has started to ripen.
2022-09-23 OrangeThaiSSE.jpg

As has the Chacoense 212. This pod's full red now, but I like the transition color.
2022-09-23 ChacMP.jpg

The Tuxtlas had set an abundance of pods for its modest size, but no sign of color yet. I plan to break out the mortal and pestle for some semi-authentic salsa de molcajete when they do, as I've heard it's a great salsa pepper. If all goes well, I'll grow this one bigger next year.
2022-09-23 Tuxtlas.jpg

Flower pic of the Orange Starfish. I think the anthers look cool on this guy.
2022-09-23 OStarfish.jpg

And I'll end with this pic of a pollinator working on the African Bird Orange. I suppose I could make a joke about whether he became Africanized in the process, but I wouldn't do that to you ;) Cheers!
2022-09-23 Bee.jpg

Last edited:
Hey CD. Just jumping in at the end of your glog and see you are still at it! Nice pics as always and hope you had/have a great season. I'll try to get caught up on yours and several other folks glogs. Haven't been around much this season but hopefully that will change next season.

Hi @Tybo. Great to hear from you and hope you've had a good summer. I saw your thread about the box from Bhuter. That must have been a big surprise and no doubt that's some murderous heat within. I just got around to dropping seeds for my offseason grow last week, which includes the CC Moz Piri Piri from when you split your seeds with me. Still much appreciated!

Hi @Tybo. Great to hear from you and hope you've had a good summer. I saw your thread about the box from Bhuter. That must have been a big surprise and no doubt that's some murderous heat within. I just got around to dropping seeds for my offseason grow last week, which includes the CC Moz Piri Piri from when you split your seeds with me. Still much appreciated!
Is this your first grow of the Moz Piri Piri? Sorry if I'm forgetting.

Back