• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Cappy's 2015 Chocolate BS

It has been several year since I have started a grow log like a newb but I enjoy this time of year starting plants.  My name is Cappy and I first discovered the Seven Pod in a seed trade from Sara R. in Trinidad in 2008.  That year I had a grow log and documented my grow of an extra brainy seven pod and the Brain Strain 7 Pod was born.  Since that time I have shared seeds with anybody and everybody who asked for little more than the cost of shipping.  I did not try to profit or chase the world hottest title, that goes to CARDI and the creator of the seven pod.  I am just a grower of limited means with a closet with a grow light and a backyard in a residential neighborhood.  What I am is proud of my contribution to the pepper community and the opportunity to shared this pepper with the rest of the world.

Last year I received some seeds from a very generous Trinidadian friend here in the states by the name of Judy.  I have dreams on making a chocolate version of my yearly hot sauce BrAiN sTrAiN.  There have been both red and yellow versions in the past so 2015 will be the year of the chocolate BS.  First round of seeds were sown last weekend January 4 and today I have my first seedling so here we go!

Beautiful pics from your cruise Cappy. Would love to be able to step into those pics and escape the cold of winter for a few moments. But Spring is here and hopefully it won't be too long before the weather warms up and stays that way. Happy to hear you had such a great time. Also very happy to hear that your plant sitter did such a fine job with your plants and that the weather cooperated.
Great place to leave a Brain Strain sticker lol. I'm going to have to buy some more from you if/when you have more available. I've been leaving them here and there in lower Delaware.

Cruise pix are awesome, Cappy!  And coming home
to plants in good condition is a bonus!

Love the pic of the Brainstrain sticker on the post!

Yellowfin2na said:
The mahi mahi sketch is sweet. I couldnt recognize the artist name but looks good.
The artist name is Brad Ramsey and he was a passenger on the cruise ship.  He is a fisherman from the Keys of Florida and was drawing and painting for relaxation and gave this sketch to me after he saw my passion for fishing.  I tried to buy but he only wanted a few beers in exchange.  My favorite souvenir of the cruise. 

cmpman1974 said:
Great GLOG Cappy.  I had to read through it all.  :)  Can't let the classics go unnoticed!!  Best of luck this year, though with you luck plays no part.

Chris
Hey Chris, thanks for stopping by.  You and I have been at this a very long time and are classic members of sorts.  After a couple years you learn what works and what doesn't work with peppers, just happy to share some tricks to help other become better growers.  Good luck growing back to you.

Finally moving ahead and getting my first 100 plants in their final containers.  I have and am recycling all my old soil by adding 50 lbs. Black Kow compost to every 8 nursery containers I dump on a tarp, turn a dirt rake upside down and get all the old roots out and shovel back in the containers.  I also add exactly 1 cup of Espoma garden-tone around each plant before filling the rest of the nursery pot.  I have added over 600 lbs of manure already only about half way done.  Tired and sore so just showing a few pictures of the progress before hitting the hay.

Like everyone else has already said those plants are gorgeous. It still boggles my mind to see that many chocolate brain plants. Those should be some very happy plants now that they've moved into bigger homes and with that soil mix.

That's a ton of work in those pictures.

I remember watching a video of you eating a Brain Strain in front of what appeared to be a giant hedge made entirely of peppers and I wondered how that came to be - and now it's making sense.  Things are looking great!

Little by little getting it done mixing dirt and potting up plants into mostly final containers.  I have 162 Chocolate Brain Strain in nursery pots outside in lots of compost still watching for which one will make candidates for seed plants.  That will mostly be chosen by pods shape and heat so all plants still in the running.  I do have lots of flowers but still getting use to their new shoes still no pod forming won't be long.  This is my take on raised beds and my soil just keeps getting better every year.  Have not added any peat for several years just straight compost really happy with the way my soil looks.  Hope my plants like it as much here are pictures tonight of the backyard.  Thanks for following my grow.

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Little by little getting it done mixing dirt and potting up plants into mostly final containers.  I have 162 Chocolate Brain Strain in nursery pots outside in lots of compost still watching for which one will make candidates for seed plants.  That will mostly be chosen by pods shape and heat so all plants still in the running.  I do have lots of flowers but still getting use to their new shoes still no pod forming won't be long.  This is my take on raised beds and my soil just keeps getting better every year.  Have not added any peat for several years just straight compost really happy with the way my soil looks.  Hope my plants like it as much here are pictures tonight of the backyard.  Thanks for following my grow.

So much work!  I really hope you have someone helping you with all this!

Back