• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cappy's Capsicum 2011

Hope everybody is having a good start to their season so far I got started later than most and am playing catch-up to some fine grow logs being posted. My first seed went in to dirt on the 13th of February so all of my plants are 6 weeks from seed but growing well outside with the nice weather we have been having. I still have some starts left in the 72 cell tray, some more under my halide light, some in front of my sliding door window, and a good number outside in the dog pen keeping critters away. Planted the usual suspects this season with some new ones, the Brown Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate Naga, Goat pepper, Donne Sali, and Hot Nipples. I have only purchased a large bag of Fafard 3B mix and have used that to transplant this year everything else have been recycled from prior years. The season is just beginning here in coastal Carolina and cannot wait to plant in a couple more weeks to be safe. Nice to be back and growing Capsicum again. :dance:
IMG_4799.jpg

IMG_4806.jpg

IMG_4815.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

Looking forward to updates Cappy!

I still have those two BS plants in my livingroom, but have a greenhouse on the way so I can get them outside sooner. They are over 4 feet tall now, they are gonna be monsters! :dance:

Hey Cappy :welcome: back, those babies are looking good. The BS seeds you sent are doing terrific. Posting some new pics today. Still have one bottle of BS sauce left.

Hello Cappy! Its good to see you back around man!!
I figured you were out reeling in those monsters!
Your starts are looking very nice!

Kevin

Great to see you back on board Cappy!

And Very Best of Luck to you with this year's grow.

dvg

Thanks for the warm welcome and good to hear the BS seeds are growing well for everyone. I still have the original BS plant alive just ragged looking, thinking of cutting it way back this spring and get all new growth on her. My Biker Billy plants are my largest starts and are in need of a potting up, starting from seed the same time as everything else.
IMG_4823.jpg

Good to see you back Cappy. Hope all is well with ya and look forward to your grow this year. Even though you got a late start things are still looking great for ya.

logchief the dog kennel is great at a make shift greenhouse for hardening off plants. I have showed this before but I tie down an old blue tarp on top and it shades the noon day sun, and the kennel keeps the dog and cats and birds from messing with my plants locked inside, peace of mind. Right on mill and buddy and mascalzone!

Thanks again, the 10 day forcast is favorable to moving all my plants outside for good. I have about 150 C. Chinense in beer cups maybe a few more, 18 Biker Billy's, and 8 tomatoes ready to be planted in the next few weeks. Still need to go to the garden center and find the compost I'm using this year. Rained cats and dogs all week here will be nice to see some sunshine over the weekend. :cool:
IMG_4834.jpg

IMG_4835.jpg

Them are some darn fine looking plants Cappy!
Excellent starts!
I am hoping that I can get something done outside this weekend too!
Looks like we have a nice weekend is in store for us!
Will be nice to see some sun finally!

Keep up the great work! :cheers:

Kevin

Coming from a fellow grower as good as yourself Kevin that sure feels good. Don't want to rush plant out will feel better after April 15, let mother nature take over. I am growing the Donne Sali you sent and really like the plant growth so far. Thanks again. :cool:

Great looking plants PRF... Do you have a dog? He must be loving life knowing he is not going to get locked up because those plants are using his run as a hotel. LOL

Back