• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cappy's Capsicum 2011

I have a dog that is why the plants are locked inside, dogs just don't understand and run right over your plants chasing a bird or something. They watch you all day taking care of them and will go knock them over with their tail or chew on 'em just to piss you off. Dog doesn't seem to eat the peppers anymore though. :lol:

Everything is looking good.

...I still have the original BS plant alive just ragged looking, thinking of cutting it way back this spring and get all new growth on her. ...

Can't wait to see her. Have you hacked back the roots and repotted? That may breathe some life into her as well.

Looking great Cappy, this is definately a work outside weekend. That looks like a whole lotta pods in the future. Definately a good idea with the kennel.

Thanks Josh, that's what I'm going to do soon when I know the plant is adjusted to outside life again. Going to sacrifice this years early pods in hope of keeping the plant going. The main stalk is all original and never been cut lower than two feet tall, and never trimmed the roots yet. I think some new soil this spring and a haircut will be just what the doctor ordered. Have become attached to this plant and another couple years would be very nice. :pray:

Thanks Josh, that's what I'm going to do soon when I know the plant is adjusted to outside life again. Going to sacrifice this years early pods in hope of keeping the plant going. The main stalk is all original and never been cut lower than two feet tall, and never trimmed the roots yet. I think some new soil this spring and a haircut will be just what the doctor ordered. Have become attached to this plant and another couple years would be very nice. :pray:

I can't wait to see it. I hope everything goes well.

Hey Josh cut back the ol' lady roots and foliage and gave her all new dirt, she is picture shy till she recovers. Beautiful afternoon here and got some the herb garden, the Biker Billy jalapenos and Brain Strain in pots. A little late start on 2/13 as my plants are just 8 weeks old, but everything has been growing gangbusters. The terra cotta and the 5 gallons are the brain strain 7 pod and 18 BB jalapenos in the gallon pots just behind. Al my plants have been outside for over a week and just planting up as needed, most still too small yet. Nice to get outside and play in a lil' dirt. :onfire:
IMG_4861.jpg

One thing that always impresses me with your plants Cappy is the uniformity. As usual they all look good too.

Do you have any plans to re-energize the recycled growing medium?

Best of luck and I hope you stay healthy and whole this year.

I'm reusing my potting mix as I always do, was in better shape than I thought. I was only going to do the jalapenos but decided to do these 6 brains strains as they we growing fast my biggest C. Chinense. I have 175 still in cups in the dog pen doing great and will only plant up when they tell me. Thanks for the well wishes patrick, fishing season is just getting started and always happy to see the lighthouse on the way back to the hill. The uniformity comes from my use of my HID for just one week right after I place them in cups, everything greens up in two days and huge growth in a week. Then in front of the sliding door for a week and then outside. Works for where I live very well. All plants are hardened up or about to be wayright. Green days ahead, thanks.

Hello superthing50 wher in South Caolina you from? I'm re-energizing my soil this year solely using Espoma flower-tone, the bag says for potted plants use 1 part espoma to 30 parts potting mix so I dump 30 old containers on a tarp and add 1 container espoma and mix in with a rake upside down. Also adding the old pro-mix I still have left in the garage for some freshness. I have so much recycled peat based mix and will be thinking hydo nutes to keep thing going this year. I have used GH Flora Nova grow before and feel confortable using it with my soilless potting mix. Hope that explains better what I'm doing, hoping I don't change my mind and repot everything like two years ago. Thanks everyone, really enjoy the comments. ;)

All in all your just another brick in the wall part 2. Starting to get more plants put in pots before the rain hits this afternoon. Got about 60 done and in their place in the wall, using landscape fabric to keep the weed down between the containers as I'm also spreading them some out more. This planting out is hard work and very tough on the back, gotta take a break until tomorrow. Heading down to the boat for a few beers and hang out. If you don't eat your meat, you can' have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat you meat? :violin:
IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4866.jpg

Very nice Cappy, looks like an army. Great idea on the weed cloth. I need to do that too. My few potted plants are ontop a wood plank in the grass. i need to cut the grass using number 1 or 2 on the lawn mower then place the weed cloth on top.

Looking good PRF! what size pots are you using there? Are you going to pot up again or is that their final pots?

And yeah that is a lot of work and hard on the back but the outcome is so well worth it!

Hey Teacher!
Leave them kids alone!

Plants are looking great Cappy ,
excellent idea with the fabric!!
saves alot of weedeating time!

Have fun on the boat brother!
Drink an extra beer for me!! :cheers:

Kevin

Back