• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cappy's Capsicum 2011

Plants are lookin' terrific Cappy!!! Bouncing weather has me gun shy and I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

You're in for another fine bountiful heat wave.

I'm reusing my potting mix as I always do, was in better shape than I thought. I was only going to do the jalapenos but decided to do these 6 brains strains as they we growing fast my biggest C. Chinense. I have 175 still in cups in the dog pen doing great and will only plant up when they tell me. Thanks for the well wishes patrick, fishing season is just getting started and always happy to see the lighthouse on the way back to the hill. The uniformity comes from my use of my HID for just one week right after I place them in cups, everything greens up in two days and huge growth in a week. Then in front of the sliding door for a week and then outside. Works for where I live very well. All plants are hardened up or about to be wayright. Green days ahead, thanks.

I am wondering what kind of HID lights do you use.. would like to graduate next year to that level.. and from wha i have seen online.. i just might want to start saving now.

Benny it is a 400 watt metal halide and it is the only grow light I use for the plants. I germinate under a floro shop light but that's it. I run it for 6 weeks and turn it off, actually cheaper per lumens than a bunch of floros.

Since plants are 2 months old tomorrow from seed I made a little video with my daughter this afternoon looking at the progrees of potting up so far. I am just about half way done with 122 planted and should have the other half done this week. Really happy with the way thing have gone so far with very few sunburnt leaves and weather is cooperating nicely. All looks clear on the horizon to get the rest in pots this weekend. My daughter is the holding the camera so may be shakey at times. Had some birds digging in the pots looking for the bone meal but that is about it, have my owl on the prowl. Double click the picture to get to the video, thanks.

Breathtaking! I need to get all my pots the same, it really makes your yard look nice and clean and organized. I have the Battlestar Galactica selection of pepper pots.. a rag tag fleet of 10 different type of pots. LOL Can’t wait to see your progress this season.

Oh man! I loved the video!
Besides the plants looking great as usual!

Your daughter did an excellent job filming and great commentating!!
:)

Now press the red button! :rofl:

Kevin

Does the owl scare birds away?

You have to keep moving it around or they get used to it fairly quick, tried it last year with all the pequins I was losing. You best bet with birds is just get a birdfeeder and feed the crap out of them all the time. Seen them fly in and abort a landing when they spot the owl. :rofl:

You have to keep moving it around or they get used to it fairly quick, tried it last year with all the pequins I was losing. You best bet with birds is just get a birdfeeder and feed the crap out of them all the time. Seen them fly in and abort a landing when they spot the owl. :rofl:

I gotta start putting on my glases when I read the posts. I thought you wrote you were losing Penguins...

Vid looks great Cappy.:dance: Your plants are so uniform, another great crop on the way. Must have been your Sis commenting about the Pickapeppa on Facebook, love that stuff. Dad first brought it home from a Caribbean business trip back in the early 60's when I was a little kid. It's been a household staple ever since.

Sunrise. Peppers seem to really be taking off this year. Today is the day I set for plantout and sow my seeds accordingly. Got my ButchT Scorps, Bhuts and Chocolate Bhuts and all my nagas in pots yesterday afternoon. Getting a real workout but pretty soon it will be just the plants and a hose for water. I have 150 or so done and have mostly my smaller variety like Datils, Peruvian White Hab, and Cumari left. Already need to move the Tobasco out of 1 gallon and in to 5 gallon. Hard work but mornings like this seeing your plants basking in the sun make it so much better.
IMG_4885.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

and the first ladybug for good luck. :P

IMG_4881.jpg

Very nice cappy. Wife and I are potting up about 80 more today into final homes before the garden. Our weather still isnt nearly as good as yours but its slowly getting there. Our finally spent a full 24 hours in the outside greenhouse and seem to be fine.

Keep the great pictures coming!

Back