• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Capsidadburn 2014

Here we go again.  Seems like it was only yesterday.  I've recieved a lot of pods and seeds from great folks here.  THP and those folks are awesome!   I'll be growing most all of them as well as an order I just placed yesterday with Semillas.

I will seriously have to alter my logistics and layout to grow everything and keep it as asthetic but affordable as possible.  Big problems;  I need to trim my front yard trees to get more morning and mid day sun in the back.  I really need to haul in new soil.  Hello wheelbarrow and backpain.  My city is currently in a stage 2 drought restrictions (once a week watering).  I usually water with drip irrigation everyother day until summer forces me to each day.  Barrel collection (which I've been tinkering with for a while) will have to happen.

Here is my list in no particular order.  Seeds and or Fresh pods from; Pepperlover/ Judy, GAGrowhead/Jason, Windchicken/Gary, Sawyer/John, Spicegeist/Charles  Meatfreak/ Stefan, PIC 1/ Greg  Thanks to all!                  
                                                                                               Transplanted to 3x3's;
 ​
Butch T Scorpion /Me
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise/Jason
Peach Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Sepia Serpent/Jason
Bhut Orange Copenhagen/Jason
Peach Habanero/Judy
7 Pot Not Red (Yellow) Barrackpore/Me
White Devil's Tongue/Jason
NagaBrain F3/Gary
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Congo Black/Judy
White Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Bonda ma Jaques X Yellow 7 Pot/Gary-Charles
Brain Strain/Judy
Datil/Jason
Tobago Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Bubble Gum 7 Pot #1/Jason
Yellow Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Yellow Bhut Jolokia/Judy
7 Pot Chiguanas/Judy
Texas Pequin F2/Gary-Brian
7 Pot Jonah/Judy
Brown Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Elysium Oxide Bonnet F4/ Me
Tepin X 7 Pot/Charles
MOA Scotch Bonnet/John
7 Pot Burgundy/John
7 Pot Barrackpore/Me
Jigsaw/John
Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Cumari do Para/Me
Giant Yellow Brainstrain/Judy
Carolina Reaper/John
Funky Reaper/John
7 Pot Brown/John
Douglah/Me
Chintexle/Charles
Donne Sali/Charles
TFM Scotch Bonnet/Jason
Tepin X Quintisho F1/ Me
Mini-Mini X Purple Flash F1/ Me
Trinidad Chocolate Bonnet/Jason
Trinidad Cherries/Jason
Tepin/Me
Quintisho/Me
Giant White Hab/ Jason
Espelette Basque/ Me
Green Habanero
CGN 23255
Brown Bhutlah
Brown Rocoto
Sara's Green
El Oro de Ecuador
Jalapeno Jalastar
Habanero Naranja Picante
CAP 217 Rocoto
Jalapeno Goliath
Lota Bih
Chiclayo
Jalapeno El Jefe
Yellow Bhut SG
Naga Suomi
Madballs 7 Red
7 Pot Primo Orange
Yellow Infinity
St. Martins Red Hab
Miss. St. Butch T
Madballs 7 Chocolate
Och Rios Scotch Bonnet
Numex 6-4
Armageddon
MOA Red
Spanish Naga Morich
Lumbre
Big Bang Chocolate Naga
White Fatalii
UBSC
 ​

Have a great day people!

Nulle said:
Great looking plants and beautiful kitty :P
Thanks very much!  Glad you stopped in.

Devv said:
Wow Mike!

Plants are looking fantastic!

I feel you pain on a new vehicle, my next one went to a hole in the ground!

I've been slacking! Too much going on with the new well. I felt obligated to watch them spend 12K! Now I'm working on burying the 180' of electric and water lines wah :tear:

Hope you're enjoying this break in the weather!
Thanks Scott!  Hopefully this weekend we can finally get into something.  I think I would watch where that 12K flowed as well!  Take a break in the sun and have a cold drink!   I am indeed digging it!

maximumcapsicum said:
Great photos mike! Love the darker varieties. Interesting that you have that deep purple Chilitepin x barrackpore. Very different from the one I got going. Charles has an interesting cross on his hands.

Loving the progress! Keep on growin!
Thanks Adam!  I am fairly certain that it is just certain positioning under some of my lights.  With the exception of the 4 Pimenta Lisa F2's which have the PDN parent.  I will post some other pics that are similar with 7 Pot Burgundy and 7 Pot Brown that I got from Sawyer that are also way off normal color maybe tomorrow.

They are very cool, I just don't think it's natural.  I have CFL's, T8's and T12's.  One of them or the combo I feel is contributing.

See you all tomorrow!

Mike

Spicegeist said:

I like those cats too :cool:

Wow, how weird!  I wonder what pollinated that... the leaves look pubescent?  Will be interesting to see the fruit later on...

Hopefully I can confirm my thoughts by taking a green plant and darkening it for all to see.  The pic is very special when I can get the hair in nice focus.  It does look somewhat pubescent.  Structurally all the Tepin x 7 pots look the same.  The stems might be a little purplish.  The Chintexli all have that hairy look too.  Haven't posted a pic of them yet nor a recent BMJ x Yellow 7.

Spicegeist said:
Yes, the Chintexle are also noticeably pubescent, sounds like yours are growing true...
Good to hear Charles, I'll post a pic of them soon.  They are fast growers for sure!

I wanted to post some pics of some my purplish plants which seem to be affected by my lights and their UV radiation, but also I learned that other enviornmental factors attribute to the pigment coloring especially pH.  I'm posting some links that are relevant too.

Indoor pic of 4 plants;  at top is 7 Pot Burgundy, right is Carolina Reaper, bottom (showing deficiency on lower leaves) 7 Pot Brown (Naga like pheno), left is the Tepin x Barrackpore cross.  Front plants are not well focused

Outdoor pic of same plants in diferent orientation.  Waited to late to get good sun in the pic.

Interesting paper on Anthocyanins as a pH indicator
http://bipublication.com/files/IJABR-V3I3-2012-09.pdf

Survey of Plant Pigments;  Molecular and Enviornmental Detriments of Plant Color
Another paper, fairly heavy reading, with the relevant info of Flavonoids on page numbers 11 and 12.
http://www2.ib.uj.edu.pl/abc/pdf/51_1/07_16_mlodzinska.pdf

Over the years there have been tons of members that want to know why their stems or leaves are redish or purple.  I have seen several posts by Potawie, a long time member not to present anymore, discussing Anthocyanins.  New members will undoubtedly continue this trend.

Hopefully these links will be found to be of interest to some.

Thanks Mike

I'll read the docs tomorrow, time is running out. I agree the lights make the plants show different colors. Really want to read up on the PH influence.

I know the T5's really darken up the plants when they are close to the lights.

Just a side note, the AC just kicked on, and in Feb., how crazy is that? It looks like we may have 10 more days of smooth sailing here Mike!

Great looking grow, Mike!  Your porch is awesome - the plants
really do well in there!  Better than a heated greenhouse!

Devv said:
I'll read the docs tomorrow, time is running out. I agree the lights make the plants show different colors. Really want to read up on the PH influence.

I know the T5's really darken up the plants when they are close to the lights.

Just a side note, the AC just kicked on, and in Feb., how crazy is that? It looks like we may have 10 more days of smooth sailing here Mike!
Cool!  Glad of your interest.  It's been very pleasant!  A couple cold mornings approaching Tuesday.  I'm not ready to leave mine out yet.

Spicegeist said:
That's very interesting... I suppose some of them will go back to being just green in natural light?
I believe thats correct Charles and much easier to try than to darken one.  One of the plants from previous pics of Stefan's Pimenta Lisa F2 is in this update.

PaulG said:
Great looking grow, Mike!  Your porch is awesome - the plants
really do well in there!  Better than a heated greenhouse!
Thank you Paul!  Now if I only had lights in there!  Next time maybe if I haven't moved.

OCD Chilehead said:
Very nice looking grow you got.
Thank you very much!

maximumcapsicum said:
Love the pigment discussion mike. Very informative. Different pigments and leaf shapes are half the fun of growing peppers! Keep the pics coming!
Glad you liked it Adam!  Thanks I will!

I'm very excited by the possibility of this potential cross!  It shows definate Tepin structure but there are some Quintisho / chinense leaf characteristics showing.

I have another cross that is showing good seperation from original appearance just not looking as healthy as I would like.  Mini Mini x Purple Flash,  Pics next  update.

Some Yellow Infinity waiting to be separated and potted up.  From Greg/ Pic 1

Pimenta Lisa F2 from Stefan/ Meatfreak

Jigsaw from John/ Sawyer

Another from John, MOA scotch Bonnet

Have a few more...

Thanks Charles!  And Thank you Paul! lol

This is one of Charles creations via Gary/ Windchicken.  Bonda ma Jaques x Yellow 7 Pot

Here are a couple pics of two different plants.  The F4 Douglah cross that I shared all my iso seed this season with 5 members hopeing to verify my thought that it is worthwhile as a grow out.  My first taste in 2011 made me think it was special.  I decided to call it Elysium Oxide Bonnet.  Of course I have tons of these going.

Tobago Yellow Scotch Bonnet

Later good people of THP!

Mike

Sawyer said:
Very healthy-looking plants.  I know I'm not behind schedule for my area, but I sure feel that way looking at these bigger plants.

I'll be interested to see how that Pimenta Lisa turns out; it has a much different look from the others.
That was one of the others John!  A metamorphosis has occured.  Thanks!

meatfreak said:
+1 Beautiful plants, Mike. Would be happy if mine turned out as healthy as yours :)
I am sure they will Stefan!  Your awesome seeds came from healthy plants.

Devv said:
Some really good work there Mike!

Those gals are looking primo!

Pic haint too shabby neither!
Thanks Scott!  Blushing now!

PaulG said:
Those plants are real show specimens, Mike!
Yes Paul, but I seem to remember some wise words that a lot can happen from here on out!  My parental care is somewhat lessened once the go outside.

Just moved all my plants back inside for a couple days.  No protective structure ready yet.

Here's a tray of plants a little overdue for pot up.

Nice Chintexle from Charles/ Spicegeist

This is my other cross I have going this year.  Mini-Mini X Purple Flash  So far it doesn't look like either plant.  I need to go back (2013) and see again what the Mini looked like.

Over the years I've given out a lot of plants, seeds, and sauces to my coworker's.  Today a coworker gave me a nice little light fixture.  He has a relative with an electronic business who aquired some of these custom made for 3M of Austin I believe.  They are 3 bulb short (20-24") T8's with reflectors and black anodized aluminum box frame.  I think he's bringing me another tomorrow.  Very cool!  Today I gave him 3 one gallon plants, He wanted Brain Strain, T. S. Sunrise, and Yellow Moruga Scorpion.
Test drive

Another very cool thing...  Another coworker has joined THP without my coersion!  He joined yesterday morn but still not validated.  Username "Liverfortheheat".  Everybody say hi whenever he is allowed in.

Have a good evening everybody!

Mike

Back