• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Capsidadburn 2014

Here we go again.  Seems like it was only yesterday.  I've recieved a lot of pods and seeds from great folks here.  THP and those folks are awesome!   I'll be growing most all of them as well as an order I just placed yesterday with Semillas.

I will seriously have to alter my logistics and layout to grow everything and keep it as asthetic but affordable as possible.  Big problems;  I need to trim my front yard trees to get more morning and mid day sun in the back.  I really need to haul in new soil.  Hello wheelbarrow and backpain.  My city is currently in a stage 2 drought restrictions (once a week watering).  I usually water with drip irrigation everyother day until summer forces me to each day.  Barrel collection (which I've been tinkering with for a while) will have to happen.

Here is my list in no particular order.  Seeds and or Fresh pods from; Pepperlover/ Judy, GAGrowhead/Jason, Windchicken/Gary, Sawyer/John, Spicegeist/Charles  Meatfreak/ Stefan, PIC 1/ Greg  Thanks to all!                  
                                                                                               Transplanted to 3x3's;
 ​
Butch T Scorpion /Me
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise/Jason
Peach Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Sepia Serpent/Jason
Bhut Orange Copenhagen/Jason
Peach Habanero/Judy
7 Pot Not Red (Yellow) Barrackpore/Me
White Devil's Tongue/Jason
NagaBrain F3/Gary
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Congo Black/Judy
White Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Bonda ma Jaques X Yellow 7 Pot/Gary-Charles
Brain Strain/Judy
Datil/Jason
Tobago Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Bubble Gum 7 Pot #1/Jason
Yellow Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Yellow Bhut Jolokia/Judy
7 Pot Chiguanas/Judy
Texas Pequin F2/Gary-Brian
7 Pot Jonah/Judy
Brown Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Elysium Oxide Bonnet F4/ Me
Tepin X 7 Pot/Charles
MOA Scotch Bonnet/John
7 Pot Burgundy/John
7 Pot Barrackpore/Me
Jigsaw/John
Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Cumari do Para/Me
Giant Yellow Brainstrain/Judy
Carolina Reaper/John
Funky Reaper/John
7 Pot Brown/John
Douglah/Me
Chintexle/Charles
Donne Sali/Charles
TFM Scotch Bonnet/Jason
Tepin X Quintisho F1/ Me
Mini-Mini X Purple Flash F1/ Me
Trinidad Chocolate Bonnet/Jason
Trinidad Cherries/Jason
Tepin/Me
Quintisho/Me
Giant White Hab/ Jason
Espelette Basque/ Me
Green Habanero
CGN 23255
Brown Bhutlah
Brown Rocoto
Sara's Green
El Oro de Ecuador
Jalapeno Jalastar
Habanero Naranja Picante
CAP 217 Rocoto
Jalapeno Goliath
Lota Bih
Chiclayo
Jalapeno El Jefe
Yellow Bhut SG
Naga Suomi
Madballs 7 Red
7 Pot Primo Orange
Yellow Infinity
St. Martins Red Hab
Miss. St. Butch T
Madballs 7 Chocolate
Och Rios Scotch Bonnet
Numex 6-4
Armageddon
MOA Red
Spanish Naga Morich
Lumbre
Big Bang Chocolate Naga
White Fatalii
UBSC
 ​

Have a great day people!

Beautiful cat friends!

capsidadburn said:
Thanks Charles, I look forward to it!  I got a several of the Yellow bhuts, maybe 5 and I will have them marked SG.  They looked pretty cool so I hope they make.

Thanks Stefan.  Back down to freezing tonight and a couple days in the 20's, then warm to 60's again Thursday.

Proper introductions.  THP meet "Mini"   short for Mini Mama cause she was to damn young to have kittens on our back porch.  She has taught her baby well and been an excellant mom.  She follows me everywhere in the backyard.  Begs me to come out when I'm inside.

This is "Tiger" my daughters pet.  I once saw her launch a squirrel with her hind legs off a roof.  They both catch the lizards and birds.  Sometimes I can rescue the lizards.

Some of you know that I have posted a lot of nature pics in seasons past.  Mostly Dragonflys but some other insects or animals too.  I'm not going to post to much of that this season unless its something new or I can get them to do circus tricks.  Usually the same 7 or 8 species of dragonflys whose habit brings them to perch in my garden.  I see other species that have never dropped in for a visit.  I'll put out the welcome mat.

So I will post a link to a slideshow of stuff from the last 3 or 4 seasons and may occaisionally edit.  Approximately 50 pics.  Hope you enjoy!
http://s975.photobucket.com/user/marsrats/slideshow/Dadburn%20garden

Excellent results with the pubescent species, Mike!

Really cool that you can get your plants out for a
little sun.  The best medicine for them!  They look
like they are digging' it!

Devv said:
Plants look super Mike, I say perfection!

Pics of them are really well done!

The slideshow is a treat! You really make the D60 talk when you're behind it! I had to call LB over so she could see your work.

I call this one the Polar Plunge Revenge, I guess it wasn't cold enough the other day?

Stay warm and keep it green!
Thanks Scott! It's a lot of work but when it's an obsession you hardly notice till the end of the day. Glad you like it. I'm thinking of making one of cool pod shots. I would love to trade up on the old dinosaur Cannon, but just not high enough on the priority list. Thanks again!

Nasty morning! Had to scrape ice. Not as bad as couple days back but still lots of wrecks.

Sawyer said:
It's almost difficult to tell where the cat ends and the rock begins in that first picture... camo cats.

Did I see a mantis eating a ladybug in the slide show?  I guess that's what you call a friendly fire casualty.
Yes John, you did! I watched this mantis for over a month on the same plant. Even observed a pair of lady bugs walk past it with no response. It was a terrible drought that season and the temptation must have been to great. I never saw it after that pic. I've heard that lady bugs have poison in the joints as a defense mechanism. It may have got a bad stomach ache and died.

Glad the cats are guarding the peppers! Love the arrangement. Looks like a good pepper meditation place.

Love dragonfly shots too. I got some good ones in Turkey... will have to show them off sometime. When the context dictates.

Capsicum Select said:
Nice slideshow Mike! It's really cool how much variation there is with the dragonflies. What type of lens do you use to get those shots?
Stay warm and keep it green!
Thanks and I agree!  It is fascinating.  I have an old DSLR.  Cannon D60 with a 28-90 mm zoom.  For those critter pics I am usually 6 or 8 inches away with the lens fully zoomed.  My eye is not always looking thru the lens as I push the camera closer to the critter trying to use autofocus.  Sometimes it doesn't like multiple depths focus and just bounces back and forth while the critter flies away.  Have to use manual and guess.  Delete a lot of poor focus but when you get something it's easy top crop it central in photobucket.  Some of those close ups are a perfect storm of events to make it happen.

Spicegeist said:
Beautiful cat friends!
Thanks Charles!

Pinoy83 said:
those baby pics are so cool.....and the seniors are doin great everything is standing tall and looking goood :fireball:
Thanl you Jericson!

GA Growhead said:
Awesome Picts!
Thanks Jason!  I keep reading about the 350.  I'm excited to see some field, garden shots before plant out.  I cant remember from last season.  May have to go find your 2013.

PaulG said:
Excellent results with the pubescent species, Mike!

Really cool that you can get your plants out for a
little sun.  The best medicine for them!  They look
like they are digging' it!
Thanks Paul!  It's a weather dance of in and out.  I'm up to 90 now and no good way to carry.  3 at a time usually.  1/2 hour in the morning and 1/2 hour coming inside.
Stefan, here is the current leaf colorazation

Later good people!

Mike

maximumcapsicum said:
Glad the cats are guarding the peppers! Love the arrangement. Looks like a good pepper meditation place.

Love dragonfly shots too. I got some good ones in Turkey... will have to show them off sometime. When the context dictates.
It is pleasant when the green train has a full head of steam rolling along smooth. I like to sit out there in the evening with a beer and the cat. Right now my allergies from Cedar or, (Ash Juniper) just kill me if I spend much time out. So much pollen released that the Fire dept. constantly gets false alarms. That will wind down in February sometime.

I understand the timing of context. Makes the path off topic more navigable.

Thanks Adam!

meatfreak said:
Thanks for the pic, Mike. Great picture of your cat, mine is a bit similar in behavior. He's always following me around, when I go to the car he even jumps in :lol:
No problem Stefan!  Glad to help.  Cats are the coolest.

Devv said:
Mike tomorrow morning is to be a cold one! Not that today wasn't.

The wife has suffered with the Cedar, me with the rest..LOL

Stay warm!
Yes Scott, I would say the cedar allergies are nasty and affect a fair amount of people who move here.  My wife suffers oak and mold.
Potted up a few more today.

NagaBrain F2

Not Red Barrackpore

BOC (not Blue Oyster Cult)

And my first pot up of the Douglah cross I now call Elysium Oxide Bonnet

Fast approaching a 100 plants on my back porch.  Would like to reach 150 to 175 before I need to start moving them outside into warm tunnel or makeshift (plastic) greenhouse to make room for incoming younger plants.  I now need to start a 2nd level riser of shelves maybe foot and half to two feet above the lower plants.  These only get sunlight, no grow lights this year.  I move them out when the temps allow.

Like many people on THP I find myself itching for some nice poddage action which isn't going to happen for awhile.  Lots of babies and green growth and a few overwinters.  So I have decided to post a retrospective of sorts. A link of  Pods, plants and blooms from my previous seasons.  Just want to create some moments to break up the dull day!  I hope its enjoyed!  I did some last minute virtual pruning;  Around 135 pics
http://s975.photobucket.com/user/marsrats/slideshow/Dadburn%20pod%20shots

Have a swell evening!
Mike

capsidadburn said:
No problem Stefan!  Glad to help.  Cats are the coolest.

Yes Scott, I would say the cedar allergies are nasty and affect a fair amount of people who move here.  My wife suffers oak and mold.
Potted up a few more today.

NagaBrain F2

Not Red Barrackpore

BOC (not Blue Oyster Cult)

And my first pot up of the Douglah cross I now call Elysium Oxide Bonnet

Fast approaching a 100 plants on my back porch.  Would like to reach 150 to 175 before I need to start moving them outside into warm tunnel or makeshift (plastic) greenhouse to make room for incoming younger plants.  I now need to start a 2nd level riser of shelves maybe foot and half to two feet above the lower plants.  These only get sunlight, no grow lights this year.  I move them out when the temps allow.

Like many people on THP I find myself itching for some nice poddage action which isn't going to happen for awhile.  Lots of babies and green growth and a few overwinters.  So I have decided to post a retrospective of sorts. A link of  Pods, plants and blooms from my previous seasons.  Just want to create some moments to break up the dull day!  I hope its enjoyed!  I did some last minute virtual pruning;  Around 135 pics
http://s975.photobucket.com/user/marsrats/slideshow/Dadburn%20pod%20shots

Have a swell evening!
Mike

Poddage? I am itching just for some grown up starts like you got. These guys look great! Poddage is on its way for sure. Keep on growing strong!

Happy growing!

Spicegeist said:
Plants looking good and green, you're taking nice care of them.

Nice extra pics too... 20, 68 & 112 are a few of my faves.
Thanks Charles!  Glad you liked em.  I think #68 might be a Fatalii but I'm really not sure.

maximumcapsicum said:

Poddage? I am itching just for some grown up starts like you got. These guys look great! Poddage is on its way for sure. Keep on growing strong!

Happy growing!
Patience Mr. Adam!  Thank you!

GA Growhead said:
Nice slide show. The pod in a pod, #102, is crazy. Never seen one that developed.
I like the orange pod on #20. What is that one?
Thanks Jason!  #20 is a Chocolate Bhut Jolokia.  The sunlight must make it look orange.  There is an unripe, green nice shot of the pod somewhere in the slideshow as well.  Seeds taken from Judy fresh pods a few seasons back.  I know that most everybody has seen the pod in pod before but that one had a cute tail!
I've got a pic of the original fresh pods I got from Judy I'll post later...

Miniac67 said:
looking good, my cats always try to lay on top of my mat warmer lol
That is funny!  Thank you and thanks for stopping by!

GA Growhead said:
OK. I ment 19. That orange one. My bad. :D
That is one of 4 or 5 interesting looking store bought "orange habs". They all grew true to their shape. I was calling this one Radar dish orange hab when it grew last year. Kind of reminds me of the Daisy Cutter I've seen lately. Did not grow any of these this year. Probably have seeds. The pod in the upper right looks like the original.

Back