• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Capsidadburn 2014

Here we go again.  Seems like it was only yesterday.  I've recieved a lot of pods and seeds from great folks here.  THP and those folks are awesome!   I'll be growing most all of them as well as an order I just placed yesterday with Semillas.

I will seriously have to alter my logistics and layout to grow everything and keep it as asthetic but affordable as possible.  Big problems;  I need to trim my front yard trees to get more morning and mid day sun in the back.  I really need to haul in new soil.  Hello wheelbarrow and backpain.  My city is currently in a stage 2 drought restrictions (once a week watering).  I usually water with drip irrigation everyother day until summer forces me to each day.  Barrel collection (which I've been tinkering with for a while) will have to happen.

Here is my list in no particular order.  Seeds and or Fresh pods from; Pepperlover/ Judy, GAGrowhead/Jason, Windchicken/Gary, Sawyer/John, Spicegeist/Charles  Meatfreak/ Stefan, PIC 1/ Greg  Thanks to all!                  
                                                                                               Transplanted to 3x3's;
 ​
Butch T Scorpion /Me
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise/Jason
Peach Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Sepia Serpent/Jason
Bhut Orange Copenhagen/Jason
Peach Habanero/Judy
7 Pot Not Red (Yellow) Barrackpore/Me
White Devil's Tongue/Jason
NagaBrain F3/Gary
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Jay's Red Ghost Scorpion/Jason
Congo Black/Judy
White Bhut Jolokia/Judy
Bonda ma Jaques X Yellow 7 Pot/Gary-Charles
Brain Strain/Judy
Datil/Jason
Tobago Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Bubble Gum 7 Pot #1/Jason
Yellow Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Yellow Bhut Jolokia/Judy
7 Pot Chiguanas/Judy
Texas Pequin F2/Gary-Brian
7 Pot Jonah/Judy
Brown Moruga Scorpion/Judy
Elysium Oxide Bonnet F4/ Me
Tepin X 7 Pot/Charles
MOA Scotch Bonnet/John
7 Pot Burgundy/John
7 Pot Barrackpore/Me
Jigsaw/John
Jamaican Yellow Scotch Bonnet/Judy
Cumari do Para/Me
Giant Yellow Brainstrain/Judy
Carolina Reaper/John
Funky Reaper/John
7 Pot Brown/John
Douglah/Me
Chintexle/Charles
Donne Sali/Charles
TFM Scotch Bonnet/Jason
Tepin X Quintisho F1/ Me
Mini-Mini X Purple Flash F1/ Me
Trinidad Chocolate Bonnet/Jason
Trinidad Cherries/Jason
Tepin/Me
Quintisho/Me
Giant White Hab/ Jason
Espelette Basque/ Me
Green Habanero
CGN 23255
Brown Bhutlah
Brown Rocoto
Sara's Green
El Oro de Ecuador
Jalapeno Jalastar
Habanero Naranja Picante
CAP 217 Rocoto
Jalapeno Goliath
Lota Bih
Chiclayo
Jalapeno El Jefe
Yellow Bhut SG
Naga Suomi
Madballs 7 Red
7 Pot Primo Orange
Yellow Infinity
St. Martins Red Hab
Miss. St. Butch T
Madballs 7 Chocolate
Och Rios Scotch Bonnet
Numex 6-4
Armageddon
MOA Red
Spanish Naga Morich
Lumbre
Big Bang Chocolate Naga
White Fatalii
UBSC
 ​

Have a great day people!

Mike,

The old D60 is still a good camera. It's color is superb, although I feel it's auto focus is a bit challenging at times. I have a Nikon that cost 1/10th of the cost and 3 times the MP, and it too suffers when macro's are taken. it tends to focus on the soil. So the manual mode of the D60 is a good thing. Turning off the flash on it works well too!

However I would like a new one! I just wish they would release a firmware upgrade. Mine cost $2,000.00 just for the body in 2003.

GA Growhead said:
Those are strangely shaped. Neat though!
They were productive and just ok taste so I would possibly grow the larger pods again for sauce base.  The radar dish is cute just not meaty enough want to cut up a plant full of them.
Couldn't pass up the temptation to grow them the first sight though.
Spicegeist said:
I see those kind of habs from time to time at the supermarket...
I imagine huge fields of habs with a couple oddballs mixing it up over time.

Scarecrw said:
Nice looking plants and slide show mike. Looks like you have your hands full. You should have plenty of heat soon.
Yes I have bitten off a mouthfull if not more than I can chew!  Thank you!

Devv said:
Mike,

The old D60 is still a good camera. It's color is superb, although I feel it's auto focus is a bit challenging at times. I have a Nikon that cost 1/10th of the cost and 3 times the MP, and it too suffers when macro's are taken. it tends to focus on the soil. So the manual mode of the D60 is a good thing. Turning off the flash on it works well too!

However I would like a new one! I just wish they would release a firmware upgrade. Mine cost $2,000.00 just for the body in 2003.
Another not to liike about it is the huge size.  Sometimes you just don't want to take it anywhere cause it's like luggage.  I was lucky I guess and bought it used for $300 from a coworker.  I have definnately yearned for your new Nikon which I think is similar if not the same as what John/ Prodigal Son uses.  Unbelievable quality in those pics.

Enjoy the weekend!
Mike

Time for an update. 
Rocoto CAP217 fresh pot up

My one gallons stayed out all night last night.  It was 41 this morning with lots of dew on the pllants that looked good.  Everything was fed yesterday and a seaweed foliar this morning.
A  nice Brain Strain

Yellow Moruga Scorpion

I germinated a couple Tepins to grow along side to compare this possible cross I attempted

Started my "ginger bug" starter culture for my old fashioned Root beer. Should be ready next week.

Of course our cats have to make an appearance here.

We are trying to shop for a new vehicle, mine died a horrific death last week.  Head gasket.  It was a 14 years old Ford Escape.  I don't think the trade in value in great condition is even half the cost of repair!  My wife and I work opposite schedules which is better for the kids, but it is a little difficult to shop together.  Also agreeing on what we need is still pending.

Hope everybody has a great week!

Mike

The plants are looking great mike! Huge in fact... You got a big start going. When is your plantout?

Good luck vehicle shopping! Be sure to haggle! They can always come down at least 500$ more than they say they can.

maximumcapsicum said:
The plants are looking great mike! Huge in fact... You got a big start going. When is your plantout?

Good luck vehicle shopping! Be sure to haggle! They can always come down at least 500$ more than they say they can.
Thanks Adam! Probably early March but I hope to have them out sooner in some type of plastic hoop structure.

GA Growhead said:
Plants are looking beautiful! Doesn't look like the cooler temps even bothered them.
Bummer on the automobile. :(
Good luck on the new ride search. :)
I was very worried about it. Forecast was 45 as the overnight low. They looked good when I checked them early. As the temps rapidly climbed to 65 in three hours they seem to wither a small amount with an instant rebound to happiness. Next weekend looks like another possible overnight with 2 days of good sun.

My car problems do tend to lean toward a depressive mood. Just have to see the light of the future and I know it's only temporary setback.

Thanks!

A couple Meyer lemon pics. The plant is loaded with blooms and setting lots of fruit. I must of moved it out to early last year cause the dropped. I see lots of people making infused powders or salts with dried lemon and I would like to try it as well.

I will post some pepper pics later tonight.

Have a great day!

Mike

Penny said:
Those plants are huge and look great! :dance:
Thanks Penny!

GA Growhead said:
Feel ya Mike. Always a bummer when we are forced to rely on them.
Keep that head up!
Thanks Jason, I will!

Spicegeist said:
Do the flowers smell good on that citrus?
They do Charles, very nice!  Helps cover up the catbox odor.

GA Growhead said:
So that's how life gives you lemons!
;)
She is loading up with blooms!
I seem to have lemons lately!

TFM scotch bonnet from GA Growhead /Jason.

Yellow Bhut from Spicegeist/ Charles

Also from Charles, Tepin x 7 Pot.  This one darker than the others I have from light tan.  Cool looking.

A pair of Pimenta Lisa F2 from Meatfreak/ Stefan of Tasty Peppers.  Cant wait to see the fruit on these.

Datil from Jason, looking forward to these.

Wow, those are some beautiful plants, Mike! Like you I can't wait either what the outcome will be from the Pimenta Lisa. I got 2 seedlings myself, but there's already differences between them, one purple like yours and the other is green so far.

meatfreak said:
Wow, those are some beautiful plants, Mike! Like you I can't wait either what the outcome will be from the Pimenta Lisa. I got 2 seedlings myself, but there's already differences between them, one purple like yours and the other is green so far.
Thanks Stefan! Time will tell I suppose.

This Carolina Reaper seed came from Sawyer/ John. Have several of the "Funky" going as well.

Chiclayo from Semillas. These seem to have some curl issues early on but look much better now.

Some seedlings out for their first taste of sun

My back porch. Eventually I will have two levels like this on three walls. Not quite there.

Good day to all the good folks of THP!
Mike

Wow Mike!

Plants are looking fantastic!

I feel you pain on a new vehicle, my next one went to a hole in the ground!

I've been slacking! Too much going on with the new well. I felt obligated to watch them spend 12K! Now I'm working on burying the 180' of electric and water lines wah :tear:

Hope you're enjoying this break in the weather!

Great photos mike! Love the darker varieties. Interesting that you have that deep purple Chilitepin x barrackpore. Very different from the one I got going. Charles has an interesting cross on his hands.

Loving the progress! Keep on growin!

Nulle said:
Great looking plants and beautiful kitty :P

I like those cats too :cool:
capsidadburn said:
Also from Charles, Tepin x 7 Pot.  This one darker than the others I have from light tan.  Cool looking.

Wow, how weird!  I wonder what pollinated that... the leaves look pubescent?  Will be interesting to see the fruit later on...

Back