• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Carolina Reaper and Joe

great link. i found this awesome pic!
$_12.JPG

can you imagine spending thirty bucks on that?

thats what some dude on ebay is selling one of those seedlings for :rofl:

It's just personal against mike
Nothing to do with selling reaper
Pepper joe, you can't just fart with legal threats every time A new idea comes to your head or someone says/does things you don't like this might bite you back
slow down and calm down my friend
You must be staying too long around some certified, registered, inspected commercial 3 generation growers of only unclear peppers to be so angry with Mike
Period I mean PERIOD
peace

Scovile can I get stamped for this post

With those eBay postings, it has me wondering (as well as that dubious cease and desist letter)... Contracted growers aside, I thought only Ed, PepperJoe, and a certain 3rd generation stamped, certified, etc., etc., grower were allowed to sell Reaper products to the public, and now I'm seeing sauces, fresh peppers, and other things from people that have little to no association whatsoever with the afore-mentioned 3 people? So does that mean if I purchase Reaper seeds, grow and cultivate them, I can sell Reaper peppers and whatever products I can think of making from them?

Ok...correct me if I'm wrong, but she states that if you wish to contact her and discuss it with her....shouldn't you be going through your attorney to talk...how can she represent him but talk to you?

I've seen some legal documents from when we went through our buyout with our ex partner and no where in those papers did it state that we could contact his council to "discuss" anything ;) ....we always "talked" via our lawyer. :rofl:

mmcdermott1 said:
Yes if this was a case that had any teeth..i would have just had my lawyer respond..but since it legally has ZERO teeth, I responded. But if he would like this to actually go to court, my lawyer will bury him and I will get a free vacation to SC via Joe's wallet.

Good point.....seemed like a conflict of interest there. ;)  :rofl:

Mike, I have a question: If PJ has exclusive distribution rights and a signed contract to boot, why did he rename the seeds he sells to get around Ed's copyrighted name? And to make it more disturbing, by putting PJ in the name of the pepper, he is eluding to the fact that these are his seeds.

Pepper Joe's Carolina Reaper my butt.

Jeff H said:
Mike, I have a question: If PJ has exclusive distribution rights and a signed contract to boot, why did he rename the seeds he sells to get around Ed's copyrighted name? And to make it more disturbing, by putting PJ in the name of the pepper, he is eluding to the fact that these are his seeds.

Precisely. Likely stamped his own name on them because he can't provide a true guarantee that they won't be cross-pollinated along the way by one of his growers. So while he may have the distribution rights and the right to advertise the trademarked name, there is likely some stipulation that he can only stamp the trademarked name on the products that are for-sure pure.

Jeff H said:

Ahhh you caught that did you? Because from what I understand he does NOT have permission to use the trademarked name "Smokin Ed's Carolina Reaper" 

PepperLover said:
It looks like the Sesame Street "Law Firm" will be busy. Can't single out just one seller with a threat, right?
"Ima sue E'RYBODY!"

PepperLover said:
It's just personal against mike Nothing to do with selling reaper Pepper joe, you can't just fart with legal threats every time A new idea comes to your head or someone says/does things you don't like this might bite you back slow down and calm down my friendYou must be staying too long around some certified, registered, inspected commercial 3 generation growers of only unclear peppers to be so angry with Mike Period I mean PERIOD peace Scovile can I get stamped for this post
View attachment 10071

jedisushi06 said:
hand written in crayon
Even THAT would be more binding. :rofl:

Back