• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Carolina Reaper (HP22B) Community Grow

A few members including myself are growing seeds for this variety ASAP. I and a few others here on THP thought it would be fun to have a "community glog" strictly for this variety, a fun thread about the HP22B and growing this pepper for the first time.

I think we should start a community glog like this anytime there is a new pepper with alot of attention and alot of people growing it, possible world record holder or not. It would be fun, and this should be fun! That's why we all love this hobby is it not?

Therefore, this will be a drama-free, controversy-free, fun glog for all of us growers and others to enjoy. If you grow, please chime in. If you're growing this variety, please post pictures and chime in about your observations.

Again.. This thread is ment to be fun and informative, but mostly fun :)
Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.. lol. Keep it drama-free.
I, and many others would really appreciate this thread to stay that way.

Now lets get to growing!

IMG_3008.jpg

I went with the paper towel method for this guy just like I have with all my mid-season starts. It is far from my favorite way to germinate seeds but I'm in no hurry this time of year which is why I went this route. I've had the seeds in the paper towel for about a week now on top of my HOT5 lighting closet. The seeds should be showing root tips soon, then they will be visiting some real soil :D

How's it going for everyone else?

Brandon

i've got primos in the ground (which appear true to type) and will start a few of my reapers shortly with those to go in the greenhouse. i'll probably dig up a primo to overwinter for better comparison as well.

I started my seeds on Wed. along with some 7 pods, I'm going to grow them in different mediums (DWC, coco, and maybe one in soil) so I can see what medium these peppers grow best in..

one small suggestion...maybe you guys should add 7 pod Primo to the list/test. i mean grow both of them and lets watch and have fun...

I would love to do side by side, but have no primo seeds, if somebody wants to send me handfull, i can return the favor down the road and send ou some pods back in return.

I am in the thread also, I order my seeds on the August 23th, and recieved them on August 25th and planted on August 26, Yesterday, Sept 01 I had 2 girls peak out.

Took pickture today (sept 02) and I have a 3rd girl peaking, and a 4th (hard to see in picture) ready to show herself.

So hurry up all and catch up :party:

7914753904_cb46b53b59_b.jpg

Holy cow
I posted this before I went to bed, talk about a few hits in a few hours!

I'm glad people are in on this, I didn't think that many people including myself were getting started so soon. Good stuff!

As far as changing it to the "Community HP22B, 7Primo Grow" I'm just sticking with the original title. Were all going to be comparing the 2 throughout this glog I'm sure but I know many are not growing Primos along side the HP22B. If you are, awesome, but you don't need to.. This is the HP22B glog. While comparing the 2, it needs to be constructive, informative, and fun. I and many others would appreciate no content like: "it's a primo!" "no it's not bobby!" "yes it is" "no its not!" "yes it is" "no its not!" "your a doodie head!" "I hatchu!" This thread will remain fun :D

I have mature primo plants that I'd be glad to take pictures of for comparision. I'll be keeping the plants alive throughout the winter. Seeds came from CMP who got them from Primo. Close enough to the source for me.

Way to grow Josh! Looking like your the first with sprouts! :dance:

Also, nice Primos Judy :party:

I'm in as well. Got primo seeds from Judy and reapers from Ed. Not going to start them now, but twill grow them both for next year and will report here.

I would love to do side by side, but have no primo seeds, if somebody wants to send me handfull, i can return the favor down the road and send ou some pods back in return.

I have primo seeds from plants that have grown true this season. I could trade a handful of fresh primo seeds for HP22B seeds. I can throw in other seeds (just let me know what you're interested in)I'd love to partake in this glog.

Edit: If anyone else is interested in trading for Primo seeds (HP22B seeds and/or other varieties), pm me.

Unripe pod (haven't had the chance to upload a pic of a ripe one) from the plant my seeds are from:
7881529826_caff77b67b.jpg

This is going to be great fun and very informative. I will follow this thread intently. Thanks for the glog Brandon. Great idea :dance:

ok not going to wait.. going to play in the dirt now planting some hp22b, and a few other varieties laying around for my winter grow.

I'm in once my seeds arrive. What the best way to start seeds for dwc? I'm not currently impressed with rockwool and it water retaining capabilities.

Also, those who ordered from pepper Joe, whats he tossing in for freebies with these?

I'm in once my seeds arrive. What the best way to start seeds for dwc? I'm not currently impressed with rockwool and it water retaining capabilities.Also, those who ordered from pepper Joe, whats he tossing in for freebies with these?

I got jalapeno's and Santa fe grande's; But I'm pretty sure its random..

I'm in once my seeds arrive. What the best way to start seeds for dwc? I'm not currently impressed with rockwool and it water retaining capabilities.

Also, those who ordered from pepper Joe, whats he tossing in for freebies with these?

Two years ago I germinated seeds in 1" rockwool cubes , this year I tried with rapid rooter plugs. I had much better luck in the rockwool; I won't be using the rapid rooters again for seeds, that is for sure. I plant up into soil so I cant help on DWC front.

I got jalapeno's and Santa fe grande's; But I'm pretty sure its random..

Jalapeno and Santa fe grande's for me also.

My seeds from Pepperjoe came in last week. I would love to participate in this community glog but i just dont have the capacity to grow over the winter, but hey it's only 5 months away from sprouting time.

All these Primos look awesome! As for this topic's reapers, where's the best place to buy seeds (don't know if it matters I'm from the netherlands).
I've already got Primo's from Judy (only small pods, but that might be the colde here).
Planning to sow in december, so I might add my postings later.

Back